Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And I bet it'll still go red in November.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i see the number 190,052 not 200,000. why would there be a 10,000 person discrepency between the positives and cases?
    As it says on the page "DOH "Cases" include residents and non-residents, but exclude those who received positive anti-body test results".

So 190,052 positive viral tests, plus another 10k positive antibody tests.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

We've gotten to a point where I have to check the date on articles that say "Florida/texas/california/arizona/georgia/whatever set a new record for daily cases" because its literally the headline every single day.

But yea, 11.5k cases out of Florida today. A new record.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    We've gotten to a point where I have to check the date on articles that say "Florida/texas/california/arizona/georgia/whatever set a new record for daily cases" because its literally the headline every single day.

But yea, 11.5k cases out of Florida today. A new record.
    I mean, an upwards curve that is a record is going to keep being a record so long as the curve doesn't flatten. And considering the slow response and historical precedent that curve isn't likely to flatter for another 2 weeks.
    So yeah, I would expect another 2 weeks of daily new record headlines.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It’s bad here.

Record crowds and no masks.

Expect to see jumps in towns like Atlanta as these mouthbreathers return home.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.king5.com/article/news/h...a-df2563784aee

Try to get people to follow the fucking law and you get fired for it.

The state needs to come down on these people like a truckload of bricks.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And I bet it'll still go red in November.
    GOP elderly base is the hardest hit demographic.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    https://www.king5.com/article/news/h...a-df2563784aee

Try to get people to follow the fucking law and you get fired for it.

The state needs to come down on these people like a truckload of bricks.
    Sadly, it's Eastern Washington and the state government has a lot of difficulty enforcing things there because people are...well...

I'm not saying that the Idaho/Montana/Eastern Washington area was a haven for Klan members fleeing the purges against them, but I kinda am. There's a reason Eastern Washington tends to vote Republican.

But hey, there's something that doesn't care about your political affiliation or whether or not a shirt over your face is "technically" compliant with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    our walmart still has limited hours.
    Ours does too. I doubt it will ever go back. They had been wanting to do this for awhile so they could cut costs as well as weed out their night shift. This will accomplish both of those tasks. Especially since my walmart has been getting stocking done more and more during the day. Sure, it gets in the way of the customers big time while creating smaller spaces for us to move in, which actively hinders social distancing, but they want to save money.

I did also note that they have Big signs now on the front of some of the aisles saying which direction to shop in. No idea why they have those considering if there are even 2 people in the aisle, its moot at that point. Not to mention how often people go up and down an aisle once in it.

I don't really think most stores are handling this pandemic well either to be frank. Though some things that came I think need to stay. Like all the curbside options they put in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s bad here.

Record crowds and no masks.

Expect to see jumps in towns like Atlanta as these mouthbreathers return home.
    Honestly, if they are crowded, masks wont do a bit of good. Masks are supposed to help when you follow the other guidelines. Like social distancing. If they aren't staying 6 feet a part, the masks wont work. They help, but if you're within 2 feet, they won't help at all. They reduce how far it flies, not the fact that it is spewed out in the first place, thus making social distancing all the more impactful when masks are added to that. They are no substitution for following any other guideline. They help to strengthen the guidelines, but on their own, wont do much.

The bigger issue is the fact that they are crowding around one another. This is why America is being banned from going anywhere. We can't get it together.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-07-05 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly, if they are crowded, masks wont do a bit of good. Masks are supposed to help when you follow the other guidelines. Like social distancing. If they aren't staying 6 feet a part, the masks wont work. They help, but if you're within 2 feet, they won't help at all. They reduce how far it flies, not the fact that it is spewed out in the first place, thus making social distancing all the more impactful when masks are added to that. They are no substitution for following any other guideline. They help to strengthen the guidelines, but on their own, wont do much.
    FFP2 and FFP3 actually are actually effective in CCC situations, if donned properly and along other PPE (goggles, gloves) and proper hygiene practices. Granted, it’s not something the average Joe can manage, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what the hell is going on Belgium?

Countries that have the highest control values over the pandemic, such as Norway or Finland are flagged red, whille the presumed worst of all, Sweden (the one with the highest infection rates amongst the population) is flagged green.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Countries that have the highest control values over the pandemic, such as Norway or Finland are flagged red, whille the presumed worst of all, Sweden (the one with the highest infection rates amongst the population) is flagged green.
    Brah, Baltic states have one of the lowest rates. Sweden, however, is indeed a strange choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It can’t survive in our stomachs, so even if a person sneezes in your food, you won’t catch COVID-19 when you ingest it.
    /facepalm

Food doesn't teleport directly to your stomach unless you are like one those comatose patients wearing a food tube. Yes, the virus doesn't survive in your stomach, but it survives everywhere else in between your utensils and your stomach; like woman, your ignorance on this subject is just plain unreal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post

Stopped following "my government" (We don't really have one) a long time ago. But as Vegas82 has said this is mostly to do with other nations accepting travellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    snip
    You may not get it necessarily by eating the virus but an infected food handler could possibly spread the virus to people or surfaces in their environment.

- The virus that causes COVID-19 cannot grow on food. Although bacteria can grow on food, a virus requires a living host like a person or an animal to multiply.
    COVID-19 doesn't grow or multiply on Surfaces, they may not last as Long on some Foods compared to other surfaces (there is little to no proof of this), the food handler can still spread the virus to people or surfaces in their environment.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-07-05 at 09:27 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

My impression from living in Florida amidst all this is that a long, drawn-out pandemic that relies on individual responsibility and concern for those around you by avoiding unnecessary outings, wearing a mask, and making sacrifices does not combine well with an era defined by smartphone attention spans and a generation where "not giving a fuck" about anything outside Twitter activism is considered a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    an era defined by smartphone attention spans and a generation where "not giving a fuck" about anything outside Twitter activism is considered a virtue.
    It has nothing to do with peoples Smartphones and attention spans, but how Trumpublicans handled the Pandemic.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

My impression from living in Florida amidst all this is that a long, drawn-out pandemic that relies on individual responsibility and concern for those around you by avoiding unnecessary outings, wearing a mask, and making sacrifices does not combine well with an era defined by smartphone attention spans and a generation where "not giving a fuck" about anything outside Twitter activism is considered a virtue.
    Texas has similar issues. This article is dated July 5, 2020.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/west-texa...151312538.html

Title: In West Texas, Lingering Distrust in Government as the Virus Spreads

Excerpts:

Some background information. Basically the virus did not hit the Lubbock Texas area until reacently.

For a while, it seemed that the coronavirus had spared West Texas. Cases were low. Few had died. Concern through the spring was focused on getting businesses running again.

By mid-June, the Texas Tech football team returned to campus. Local baseball tournaments resumed. Hotels filled up.

Then people started getting sick.

In Lubbock, a burnt-tan city of 250,000 with a rollicking college bar scene, more people tested positive for the virus in the past three weeks than in the previous three months combined. On the day that Gov. Greg Abbott began to swiftly reopen the state, two months ago, the city recorded eight positive tests for the virus. On Wednesday, there were 184.

People in this area are sticking by their principles.

Yet for many conservatives, even those with the virus now at their door, the resurgence has not changed opinions so much as hardened them.

For those Texans, trust in government is gone, if it was there to begin with, and that includes some of the state’s top leaders. On Tuesday, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas declared himself tired of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease doctor.

“I don’t need his advice anymore,” Patrick said.

They feel strongly that their governor has imposed way too many restrictions on Texans.

That sentiment was echoed outside a popular, newly opened hamburger restaurant in Wolfforth, Texas, just outside Lubbock, where even Abbott, a Republican, came under harsh criticism.

“It seems like he’s been influenced by Fauci and the left,” said Mark Stewart, who sat with his wife and children and several other families at a gathering for locals who home school.

They practice what the preach, considering masks and social distancing just something they will NOT do.

None in the 18-person group, which squeezed around several outside tables, wore masks or made an attempt to stay distant.

“This is the first time we’ve met each other and we don’t care,” said Stewart’s wife, Tamera, adding that other people might take precautions when they are together and stay far apart. “Texas has all kinds. But we’re done with all that.”

Texans are quite clear: no new sanctions.

In the Houston area, the top county executive, Lina Hidalgo, has called for a new and stricter stay-at-home order. Several other county leaders from major metropolitan areas, all Democrats, have also urged Abbott to grant them the power to impose local lockdowns. He has so far refused.

But that has not won Abbott support on the right. Instead, many conservatives have strongly criticized the steps that Abbott has taken — such as closing bars and limiting restaurant service, as well as the mask requirement — in response to the huge increase in cases.

This is worthy of second amendment action.

Before Abbott’s latest order, mayors in West Texas had blocked efforts to require residents to wear masks while inside stores, in some cases linking their opposition to disgust with leaders in Austin and Washington.

“Free Americans, and free Texans, must not allow a fractious, divided and politically motivated body of values lightweights to dictate day-to-day living,” Mayor Patrick Payton of Midland said at a news conference Wednesday.

Gabrielle Ellison was elated to hear that message. Ellison is the owner of Big Daddy Zane’s, a bar in Odessa that attracted national attention in May after it joined with other businesses in Texas and, aided by men carrying assault rifles, reopened in defiance of state restrictions.

Abbot can dictate whatever he wants, but a lot of people will just ignore what he says.

Ellison said she was defying the state’s order again and keeping her bar open. She has joined a statewide lawsuit over the governor’s closures.

“To me that is a life-and-death situation,” she said. “I can’t feed my family. My bartenders can’t feed their families.”

If anything, she said, the aggressive growth of coronavirus cases in Odessa made her more confident in reopening.

“It has affected it in a more positive way,” she said. “We’re having people survive,” she said, adding, “Let’s just let this run its course.”

The Texas strategy is clear. Everyone should live their life without worrying about the virus. It will run its course, and then it will be over with. And they have guns to back up their beliefs.

My prediction: It WILL run its course, and it will take a lot of Texans with it.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-07-05 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Or maybe its related to how hard right conservatives across the globe just don't give enough of a fuck to do anything about it, but that would require looking at your favourite politicions in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It has nothing to do with peoples Smartphones and attention spans, but how Trumpublicans handled the Pandemic.
    Yes it does. Due to the internet and the effect it has on how we perceive information (the news cycle, social media) we move from one issue to the next very quickly so something like a pandemic lost its staying power with people and became "old news" when it never really went away. Most people I know who are my age or younger (which is the demographic responsible for the rapid spread where I live) stopped quarantining or limiting their exposure to others because they weighed in their head that getting sick would not be as bad as being locked inside doing nothing all day.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2020-07-05 at 10:45 PM.