Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW killed EQ (almost) , but soon enough

NW will do the same to WoW. The proof is in Sir Medieval’s latest video reactions of gamers towards New World.

Oh yeah for sure man, New World is gonna kill WoW with all that PvE content it doesn't have.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another WoW killed proclamation that will never happen and we will probably never hear another word from you on it when it doesn't happen.

EQ just a shitty WoW clone anyways, smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    NW will do the same to WoW. The proof is in Sir Medieval’s latest video reactions of gamers towards New World.
    Lol just like all the other 'wowkiller' mmos that are now dead in the water. GTFO with this nonsense.

Oh wait, some random guy on youtube said this, so it must be true!

/s
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Well, I was going to call bullshit but since a random YTer w/ 25k subscribers made a video about it I guess it's gonna happen.

RIP WoW!

Another average sandbox pvp-oriented game with poor lore will kill wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    another average sandbox pvp-oriented game with poor lore will kill wow?
    ermahgerd, tertally
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

4/10 you almost believed it your own crap.

The only thing killing WoW is activision...

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    The only thing killing WoW is activision...
    The only thing killing WoW is Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Oh yeah for sure man, New World is gonna kill WoW with all that PvE content it doesn't have.
    Monthly updates will ensure there is enough PVE content. PVE and PVE are inter-dependent for territory wars and invasions. The game has housing and is gorgeous and plays like Overwatch which has 100 times the number of players WoW has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    EQ just a shitty WoW clone anyways, smh.
    Lmao WoW is the EQ clone. Get your facts straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Lol just like all the other 'wowkiller' mmos that are now dead in the water. GTFO with this nonsense.

Oh wait, some random guy on youtube said this, so it must be true!

/s
    WoW has one tenth of its highest player base numbers , anyway it is dying already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Another average sandbox pvp-oriented game with poor lore will kill wow?
    Wow’s lore is the biggest joke in gaming history. People want a fun game and regular updates which is all in NW.

Lmao WoW is the EQ clone. Get your facts straight.
    I would have thought you would have been able to recognize a joke especially when you yourself already said one in your OP.

FYI, I don’t want wow to die, but I believe decent competition is the only way to get blizzard to stop being lazy and make their game fun, listen to the fans..etc

WoW's gonna die eventually, but not because something better shows up, but rather because Blizzard couldn't keep up and the game finally faded into obscurity. I wonder what they'll do when that happens.

I fully admit I could be wrong, here, but...

Isn't there a correlation between upcoming games being labeled as "WoW killers" and such games either failing spectacularly and being closed, or never gain a big following? It almost feel like calling a game "WoW killer" is the same thing as putting a curse on that game.

FYI, I don’t want wow to die, but I believe decent competition is the only way to get blizzard to stop being lazy and make their game fun, listen to the fans..etc
    Asmongold is already talking about taking his army of followers into NW. we need more players to put pressure on Blizzard so they can get our demands met with proper actions such as removing GCD bs changes, making combat / classes fun, scaling raids, solo q everything in scaled mode...etc.

Asmongold is already talking about taking his army of followers into NW. we need more players to put pressure on Blizzard so they can get our demands met with proper actions such as removing GCD bs changes, making combat / classes fun, scaling raids, solo q everything in scaled mode...etc.
    Those are YOUR demands, not "our" demands. And NW looks like absolute garbage. /thread.

FFXIV is really the only solid competition for WOW, but neither game is gonna invalidate the other because the two are so radically and fundamentally different.

They're both MMORPGs but aside from that there isn't much similarity. What someone enjoys in wow is likely not found in FFXIV and vice versa.

For me that is pvp. For all of the pvp issues in wow, at least it plays smoothly unlike FFXIV where the pvp is hot trash because of server ticks and response time.

FFXIV's raid encounters though, are really fun and well designed for the most part (at least imo). The 24 man raids are enjoyable and i wish there was a harder mode for 24 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Those are YOUR demands, not "our" demands. And NW looks like absolute garbage. /thread.
    50k+ viewers of that NW video said the game is amazing. Sounds like you are a blizzard employee trying to make the game look good in the eyes of the public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    FFXIV is really the only solid competition for WOW, but neither game is gonna invalidate the other because the two are so radically and fundamentally different.

They're both MMORPGs but aside from that there isn't much similarity. What someone enjoys in wow is likely not found in FFXIV and vice versa.

For me that is pvp. For all of the pvp issues in wow, at least it plays smoothly unlike FFXIV where the pvp is hot trash because of server ticks and response time.

FFXIV's raid encounters though, are really fun and well designed for the most part (at least imo). The 24 man raids are enjoyable and i wish there was a harder mode for 24 man raids.
    Housing and crafting in NW beat both games combined. The combat is truly fun and never gets boring or repetitive since you can be all classes at once (all weapons and armor types). NW is the new MMO Champion.