Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    50k+ viewers of that NW video said the game is amazing. Sounds like you are a blizzard employee trying to make the game look good in the eyes of the public.
    Aion was also amazing, I played it and where it is now? Rift was amazing and fun to play when announced and where it is now? Tera was amazing and where it is now? Wildstar was amazing when released and played by many and where it is now? SWTOR was amazing and where it is now with so huge SW fanbase? You know where are all those WoW killers MMOs? In a garbage can. The only somehow playable other MMOs are FFXIV and ESO but they are far away from WoW killer label.

Just gtfo with your nonsenses and another WoW killer thread, its just not gonna happen.

Wow’s lore is the biggest joke in gaming history. People want a fun game and regular updates which is all in NW.
    BFA lore is a masterpiece compared to NW.
    Also its pvp-oriented (most wowers are pve-oriented), has non-target system (which is a meh actually) and almost no traditional pve content.
    It can be fun at launch (like most of MMOS out there), but its already clear that not even close to wow killer.

Yeah, no.

Until someone can reproduce, or beat the fluidity of combat in WoW, or come up with features that make the combat less relevant to the point where it doesn't have to feel good for the game to be enjoyable, there will be no wow-killer. Some would argue that FF14 is the latter, with which I will disagree personally, and that is fine.

People will of course try new MMORPGS, and I have tried many myself, but that doesn't mean that wow is suddenly gonna die, because most of us come back to the OG game after playing the inferior product for 1-2 months tops. There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing other games, it's not an act of treason of some sort, or a declaration of ditching other games you play. Some people here should really get a reality check.

Also, OP is a well known troll account made only to rustle jimmies on this forum. Don't take him too seriously
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-07-05 at 09:24 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    NW will do the same to WoW. The proof is in Sir Medieval’s latest video reactions of gamers towards New World.
    I'm hoping by NW that you're talking about NeverWinter and not New World lmao, if you're in 2020 and still over hype a game taht is yet to be released as the new "WoW killer" oh boy you're either too young to even be on the internet, or you're that gullible whale that buys the 100$ pre order packages for new MMORPGs that die in a month

Where have I heard that one before? Oh right every single time a new mmo comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't even know what that mmo is suppose to be about. They got quite a lot of feedback and decided to remake things.

It comes across as yet another odd sandbox MMO, heavily based on community in a gaming landscape that mostly desires casual play times.

Warhammer Online already killed WoW long ago. NW is going to have to compete with Wildstar instead.

WoW has one tenth of its highest player base numbers , anyway it is dying already.
    Pro tip: if you want any chance of being taken seriously, don't pretend to have sub numbers that you don't have. Everyone knows that whatever number you throw out there is 100% bullshit, because if you were one of the small number of people with the information, you would not be risking your job to "win" an argument with internet strangers.

* edit: And of course WoW is dying. It has been dying for over 15 years. Everything you see has an end, and every day that end is one day closer.

WoW will kill itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    And of course WoW is dying. It has been dying for over 15 years. Everything you see has an end, and every day that end is one day closer.

NW will do the same to WoW. The proof is in Sir Medieval’s latest video reactions of gamers towards New World.
    NW looks terrible gameplay wise. It’ll do nothing to WoW. It’s going to be a completely failed and forgotten about MMO after a few months honestly.

The only thing that’s going to ever kill WoW will be WoW itself/Blizzard.

WoW won't be killed. It'll die of old age.

It's as simple as that.

wow what a liar, wow doesnt even have a million players anymore worldwide!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in the alpha and the game is the dream come true.

- - - Updated - - -

it wont fully kill wow but will render it close to EQ.
    I like how you call him a liar and then lie yourself about WoWs player numbers.

While none of us can know for sure, WoW has a minimum of 3M users worldwide due to China. Also most analytic sites so WoW doing fairly standard in comparison to how it has done in the past few expansions. So there is a 0% chance WoW has under 1M subs.

Glad you enjoy Alpha, but the hype for New World is insanely low compared to previous AAA titles, it is very divisive due to the last minute design philosophy change and within that time they have not been able to design any content that will pull WoWs main audience.

New Worlds best case scenario right now is being a moderate GW2 level success, certainly profitable and plenty of players, but nothing close to WoW. And at most, it could be on the level of ESO (It won't)

But it won't even dent WoW, as if a sandbox mmorpg with damn near 0 substantive pve content could hope to challenge the largest PVE themepark in the genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Warhammer Online already killed WoW long ago. NW is going to have to compete with Wildstar instead.
    Nah, at least Wildstar had stuff to do
    New World is going to have to compete with Age of Conan
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Destiny 2 was king
    Now Anthem is coming to take it's place!

-Some dum dum a year and a half ago
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

wow what a liar, wow doesnt even have a million players anymore worldwide!!!!
    Please stop making a fool of yourself... Just go play your new game in silence, and we will see who was right in just few months. If they even release your game LOL

Herr...guys?

This SirMedievel youtuber told me to play Bless Online because it was "amazing"
    Never forget.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Herr...guys?

This SirMedievel youtuber told me to play Bless Online because it was "amazing"
    Never forget.
    but how many views did the video have? that is the most important part

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ye, because a mmo with lack of content did so well before, right swtor?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

PVE and PVE are inter-dependent for territory wars and invasions.
    I imagine you meant PVE and PVP.
    Any game where you have to pvp to pve or vice versa can die in a fire. One reason I'm less and less inclined to play wow is exactly that, trying to force pvp upon the playerbase that doesn't like pvp and never did (pvp only essences being BIS for pve, overbuffed warmode bonuses etc.)

Pvp can fuck off right there.

Especially "MMO" pvp that's usually a zerg and lag fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I imagine you meant PVE and PVP.
    Any game where you have to pvp to pve or vice versa can die in a fire. One reason I'm less and less inclined to play wow is exactly that, trying to force pvp upon the playerbase that doesn't like pvp and never did (pvp only essences being BIS for pve, overbuffed warmode bonuses etc.)

Pvp can fuck off right there.

Especially "MMO" pvp that's usually a zerg and lag fiesta.
    It’s not something everyone can participate in though. When there is a territory war, you have sign up for it. And even then, not everyone gets in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I like how you call him a liar and then lie yourself about WoWs player numbers.

While none of us can know for sure, WoW has a minimum of 3M users worldwide due to China. Also most analytic sites so WoW doing fairly standard in comparison to how it has done in the past few expansions. So there is a 0% chance WoW has under 1M subs.

Glad you enjoy Alpha, but the hype for New World is insanely low compared to previous AAA titles, it is very divisive due to the last minute design philosophy change and within that time they have not been able to design any content that will pull WoWs main audience.

New Worlds best case scenario right now is being a moderate GW2 level success, certainly profitable and plenty of players, but nothing close to WoW. And at most, it could be on the level of ESO (It won't)

But it won't even dent WoW, as if a sandbox mmorpg with damn near 0 substantive pve content could hope to challenge the largest PVE themepark in the genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, at least Wildstar had stuff to do
    New World is going to have to compete with Age of Conan
    It is universally ranked close to WoW in terms of hype and it hasn’t even started yet.

I've seen the NW vids and I can't say I'm impressed. It looks to me like a Guild Wars 2 clone. Will likely have an audience, but I seriously doubt it will be higher than WoW's.