Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Finally!

Now I just hope they don't link the servers I've transferred from to the ones I've transferred too lol
    Lol I never once considered that as a possibility xD that would be crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Rip retail

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Wait you think the people who went to classic were people who were playing BFA every day and just quit due to classic? Almost everyone I play with came back for classic only. we got a handful of raid loggers who play retail six days a week and log on classic for raid day only, but they’re not the majority.

If blizzard didn’t add classic, these people wouldn’t be playing BFA lol. Like my current GM hasn’t played the main version of WoW since MoP came out and he’d just be back to inactivity if he wasn’t playing classic.

I agree though factions should go already.
    Our entire retail guild quit during BFA and went for classic(40 man circa). I know damn much people who ditched bfa for classic and still do. Retail bfa is just absolutely terrible. But I guess some people like farming mounts so they can show how gay they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Lol I never once considered that as a possibility xD that would be crazy!
    Probably not. If you leave a realm because it's low pop, you probably go to something very high pop. The realms that get connected are usually both on the lower end.

Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    Rip retail

- - - Updated - - -

Our entire retail guild quit during BFA and went for classic(40 man circa). I know damn much people who ditched bfa for classic and still do. Retail bfa is just absolutely terrible. But I guess some people like farming mounts so they can show how gay they are.
    Rather poor trolling attempt. Classic is already pretty much dead, and outside of a couple guilds that like to speedrun 20 year old raids it was mostly just a fad that has passed.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I imagine there's plenty of technical limitations. The easiest one being...people having the same names on 2 servers. What happens then? Just force name change them? Many might not like it very much.
    Sounds like a worthy sacrifice for improving gameplay. Let whoever has the oldest character keep their name, and force the other one to change his/hers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korgath korgath korgath

I like having megaserver a lot.ESO and GW2 have done it exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Probably not. If you leave a realm because it's low pop, you probably go to something very high pop. The realms that get connected are usually both on the lower end.

Rather poor trolling attempt. Classic is already pretty much dead, and outside of a couple guilds that like to speedrun 20 year old raids it was mostly just a fad that has passed.
    Meanwhile Classic has had layers added to certain realms AGAIN, and there's still a queue for quite a few realms.

Retail on the other hand has to go through more connections lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Meanwhile Classic has had layers added to certain realms AGAIN, and there's still a queue for quite a few realms.

Retail on the other hand has to go through more connections lmfao
    You act like classic doesn't have dead realms.

We have super realms with queues too, retail has sharding to help prevent queues, classic has layers. One is automatic, the other needs to be announced because you guys complain about any minor change.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    You act like classic doesn't have dead realms.

We have super realms with queues too, retail has sharding to help prevent queues, classic has layers. One is automatic, the other needs to be announced because you guys complain about any minor change.
    Not enough people play retail for it to have a queue so lmfao. The ONLY time there's a queue is when a "major" patch is released or a new expansion, and it lasts maybe a few hours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    Rip retail

- - - Updated - - -

Retail died in Vanilla RIGHT ;D

Farming mounts may make me 'gay' , but at least I'm not being Cucked into playing Classic when it's literally push one button every 6 seconds to win..

People parsing 99's - Literally every single person I look up on classic is parsing 99.. like what.. also the fight lasted 29 seconds - what is that you hit 5 buttons?

I don't even need to continue - BFA would destroy you, and I don't even have to lift a finger

I don't understand whats the point in having all these realms on retail while so many of them are just dead. Just merge them all into mega servers like in ESO and allow characters to have surnames to avoid the same name problem.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't understand whats the point in having all these realms on retail while so many of them are just dead. Just merge them all into mega servers like in ESO and allow characters to have surnames to avoid the same name problem.
    I’m right there with you. I don’t know why they won’t, but they should.

NA could have like 2 megaservers with sharding etc.

it's pretty obvious. as wow dies there will be more and more low population servers and running them costs more than it's worth. WOW is shrinking. it's dying a slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I’m right there with you. I don’t know why they won’t, but they should.
    Because if they did they couldn't be charging 20€ for character transfers.

Oh duh, at times I forget we're dealing with nearly a completely different company and employees than it was back in 2004-2010 - as such, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Retail died in Vanilla RIGHT ;D

Farming mounts may make me 'gay' , but at least I'm not being Cucked into playing Classic when it's literally push one button every 6 seconds to win..

People parsing 99's - Literally every single person I look up on classic is parsing 99.. like what.. also the fight lasted 29 seconds - what is that you hit 5 buttons?

I don't even need to continue - BFA would destroy you, and I don't even have to lift a finger
    You dont understand the concept of speed runs. I dont care if its hard or not hard. I only care to compete for the fastest kill times. Every single thing in classic is harder than retail except for raiding. Retail wow is at his worst state since ever and I hope shadowlands is going to change that.

WoW servers are not like the old ones, the current day WoW servers are all in the cloud and it's the reason why if too many people are in one zone is lags the fuck out.

Back to the topic, maybe now Blizzard can remove the forced aspect of CRZ/sharding and if the realm gets too many people add layers. CRZ/Sharding is fucking pointless seeing randoms around in the world as they might as well be npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Sounds like a worthy sacrifice for improving gameplay. Let whoever has the oldest character keep their name, and force the other one to change his/hers.
    Sounds like a good way to get people to quit for no real good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    WoW servers are not like the old ones, the current day WoW servers are all in the cloud and it's the reason why if too many people are in one zone is lags the fuck out.
    I mean, yes and no, wow still has their Datacenters with physical servers (though they are not physically locked to one server anymore, resources can be shared), but during launches and things I have heard they outsource a bit to deal with overflow.

"We aren't going to call it a server merge because the priciest character services in the industry are just too damn sweet to give up on" - Blizzard, friend to the consumer.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

I'd welcome (and am welcoming) such decisions, but fact of presence of CRZ/CR-LFR(G) in global sense spoils the whole "barrel of honey" here (with work of "connected/merged realms") because it doesn't allow them to fully (read: at least somehow effectively) fulfill their proper functions
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    8. Servers type/org (WM&MMO+changes'soc.psycho.res+auto/subscr) +(+/+/+/+/+)+(+)+(+/+/+/+/+)+(+/+/+/+)
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-07-06 at 07:31 AM.