Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you're worried about that, you'll be horrified at the Tulsa rally. He's still claiming he is responsible for Veteran's Choice, took credit for defense spending that happens every year anyhow (he should have taken credit for the increase but by choosing not to do so, he's a liar), and yes, talked about how more testing is more cases.

He is also still pushing "biggest tax cut in history" which, to be true, would have to ignore context and inflation. Also, if he chooses to do that, then he has to eat that his tariffs are the biggest tax increase in American history.
    Well this is him being the con artist taking credit.

But is this logic? I can't see but the dumbest Trump follower believing in the 'test less' argument. So in his inept mind he believes this. I'm not certain but the only explanation is Trump believes this is a solid argument.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    But is this logic? I can't see but the dumbest Trump follower believing in the 'test less' argument. So in his inept mind he believes this. I'm not certain but the only explanation is Trump believes this is a solid argument.
    He does, but based on polling, it at least does not seem to gain support beyond his base.

Edit: oh and it looks like Washington DC is getting their NFL team renamed. A push is going on to name them “Red Tails”, which is just brilliant on so many levels:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-tailed_hawk

Reading the Tulsa link and Trump renewing his NFL fight, reminded me.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-05 at 01:59 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Reading the Tulsa link and Trump renewing his NFL fight, reminded me.
    I posted on this in the NFL thread. Well, the best I could in a non-Politics forum. Also, Cleveland.

I think Washington Warriors is currently the frontrunner.

I've been a football fan since the late 80s, and even as a kid I knew that a team named "the Washington Redskins" wasn't okay. I still can't comprehend why it's taken a franchise that's been named this since NINETEEN THIRTY THREE (1933) so long to change their name. It was blatantly racist even in 1933.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think Washington Warriors is currently the frontrunner.

I've been a football fan since the late 80s, and even as a kid I knew that a team named "the Washington Redskins" wasn't okay. I still can't comprehend why it's taken a franchise that's been named this since NINETEEN THIRTY THREE (1933) so long to change their name. It was blatantly racist even in 1933.
    The government had to threaten their stadium lease to even get them to integrate, they were the last team to do so in 1962. Whatever they change the name to they can't undo the stigma of their decades of racism, and no one should applaud them for finally making the move.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The government had to threaten their stadium lease to even get them to integrate, they were the last team to do so in 1962. Whatever they change the name to they can't undo the stigma of their decades of racism, and no one should applaud them for finally making the move.
    I'm just hoping that fucking idiot Dan Snyder says something like, "I'll sell the team before I re-name it!" cause that's basically the stand he's taken in the past, and then the NFL is like: okay, your team is for sale. Just like they sold that NBA franchise out from under the racist guy who called his black players something awful (not being intentionally vague, can't remember his exact comments).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They didn’t have much choice... they play on FedEx field and FedEx said they would boycott them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I wonder what trump loving Nascar fans will think now of this hoax

maybe troll them even more with this bit of satire?

(yeah, it's satire, saying they're showing solidarity to muslims)

Republicans will tell their grandkids
    the horror that was july 2020 in erasing our history
    first they came for gone with the wind
    Then they came for aunt jemima
    and then the washington red skins fell
    it was truly one of the darkest moments in american cultural history
    if trump wins they will tell the glorious tale of how trump saved aunt jemima and the washington redskins from the left wing radicals,
    after their glorious pancake breakfast with aunt jemima syrup they watch a watch a washington REDskins game, the teams cancelling has been undone by the great leader, during that game they stand for the national anthem
    to the flag that trump defended so much when he was president
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-07-05 at 04:50 PM.

Listend to an interview with Bolton and he made a terrifying point.

Trump cannot win another term, right now the only thing keeping him in any way in check is his need to pander to conservatives. He if wins a second term, he wont need to do that. His one and only chain will be broken.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Trump cannot win another term, right now the only thing keeping him in any way in check is his need to pander to conservatives. He if wins a second term, he wont need to do that. His one and only chain will be broken.
    Not true, because his goal is to overturn the "2 term" limit or claim that he should have extra time because the Democrats "stole" his first three years with the Mueller investigations. He still needs GOP support for that.

10+ Year Old Account

Another day in the Trump SHITSHOW

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Also not true because if he wholly broke with conservatives, he'd find himself impeached again and removed so fast his head would spin. The only thing preventing him from being removed by impeachment trial is the continued compliance of the GoP.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

well at least the daily news got something right finally

Meanwhile the NYpost just continues to try not to even report that Covid exist.

https://nypost.com/cover/covers-for-june-16-2020/

Not aging well for the NYpost
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    well at least the daily news got something right finally

Meanwhile the NYpost just continues to try not to even report that Covid exist.

https://nypost.com/cover/covers-for-june-16-2020/

Not aging well for the NYpost
    Isn't the New York Post one of the trash newspapers? Like National Enquirer levels of bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Sign me up for some coronavirus!
    So, is it a contest? It's not the GOP isn't taking steps to salvage Florida where Trump is currently down by 5 points RCP average, and I get the idea of sending Trump fans there to try to boost Trump's brand. But they can't possibly send everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Isn't the New York Post one of the trash newspapers? Like National Enquirer levels of bad?
    Ya they kind of are, but their owner is a huge trumper so its 10x worse than before.
    At least before they kind of did not ignore the huge stories just because of party loyalty.

- - - Updated - - -

So, is it a contest? It's not the GOP isn't taking steps to salvage Florida where Trump is currently down by 5 points RCP average, and I get the idea of sending Trump fans there to try to boost Trump's brand. But they can't possibly send everyone.
    he's already got the whole extended family voting down there...even if half of them did it illegally.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Sign me up for some coronavirus!
    You know they'lll sign up as if the Playboy offered free nights with their playmates... that's just a fact.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    SCOTUS is finishing out a blockbuster term, issues opinions and ruling in July for the first time since 1996 (typically the court is in recess by now, until it resumes in October).

The case I've been most interested in all year is the ruling on Trump's tax records. Sources had indicated that SCOTUS would issue that ruling last week, but it seems it was delayed. For those that don't know the inner workings of the Court, they issue rulings after hearing oral arguments and writing their opinions, etc. Releasing those rulings can be whenever the fuck they want - including Sunday at midnight.

I'm going to bet that the Trump tax ruling comes out on Monday. I think Roberts held the release until the Fourth of July hoorah passed over, so it would capture the news cycle. NOT because Roberts wants the attention, but because SCOTUS is going to rule to release Trump's tax records - and they will be interesting.

I will be the first to acknowledge that we can't know the reasoning behind a SCOTUS opinion release date, so my "bet" can never really be won/lost. But Roberts finds Trump distasteful, much as Hannibal found many of his contemporaries rude - and Roberts is going to serve Trump up on a platter.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump decided to hold a campaign rally and during such made the following statement without evidence:

Now we have tested, almost 40 million people. By so doing, we show cases -- 99% of which are totally harmless -- results that no other country can show because no other country has testing that we have. Not in terms of the numbers, or in terms of the quality
    Wanna see the video?

Before we continue, I want every single Trump supporter to go to any tracking site, such as the JH map, and compare "number of case" versus "number of deaths". For example, at time of writing, number of cases in the USA is 2,874,396 while deaths in the USA are 129,871.

*cracks knuckles*

That means one of three things is happening.

1) 1% of the number of cases is 28,744 and therefore JH and others are reporting the number of deaths incorrectly by over one hundred thousand people.

2) 100x the number of deaths is 12,987,100 and therefore we actually have thirteen million, probably more, cases -- and the US has more cases than the rest of the planet added together.

3) Trump is lying.

Before you answer, I'm going to point out that I'm using "deaths" giving you the maximum possible leeway here. I could have used "hospitalizations" but that just makes the numbers much further from the 99% number Trump gave. This is all the help I'm giving you.

You have 24 hours. Failure to defend an option will be taken as admission of craven cowardice and also I get to pick for you.

While I wait for the rabid fanbase to refuse to answer and admit they're craven cowards, let's get an actual expert in on this. Sunday is when all kinds of experts and officials go on TV to answer questions, such as when the head of the FDA was asked about Trump's claim point-blank. By CNN, accepted source of real news by everyone on these forums.

He refused to answer.

Wanna see the video?

Yet another case where asking a Trump employee "Is your boss, and the head of the Executive Branch, telling the truth in this exact quote of his?" seems to be an impossible task for them. I'm going to assume the head of the FDA is aware of the effects of COVID-19 by now.

So congratulations, Trump supporters, you actually have good company. You might be craven cowards, that depends on if you take a stance or not, but if you do turn out to be craven cowards, at least you have the head of the FDA to keep you company while you cower under the bed, probably wetting your pants in fear. Because this is hardly the first such challenge I've given. It's not even the tenth. And yet, the results are the same: silence. Well, maybe some sniffling and whimpering, but basically silence.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Pick an option. And God help you if you try "He was only joking" about the death rate of a lethal virus in a packed maskless crowd, because that's not only picking "Trump was lying" but adds for free "and he's a sociopath".

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    As weird as it is to say

Trump might be right.

Even though he wouldn't know it, cause he just said that crap as a conman pulling claims out his ass to keep the grift going.
    Not from any actual knowledge Trump got, and I side with the "saying something you know is bullshit doesn't absolve you of spreading it just cause your broken clock ass happened to be right" school of discussion

“Our best estimate right now is for every case reported there were actually 10 other infections,”-CDC Director Robert Redfield on June 25th

so 28.7 million possible cases if Redfield was correct
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.