Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think Hazel is awesome. She just talk about stuff she likes and the same time keeps ot informative and relevant.

She is a shining star in a dark abyss of cringy other content creaters who do everything in their power to get that one extra view with clickbait, shouty behavior, over the top editing, and not even behaving like real people.

Hazel is the opposite of that.

Many keep mentioning Taliesin and Evitel. I know its a bit silly but there is something about that grin on his face and the way he talks that make him seem like a cartoon character and not in a good way.

I bit scary tbh. He just tries too hard. Its not natural.

I think T&E are pretty entertaining, but we don't really play or enjoy the same content (which is fine!)

Preach easily has the best channel for competitive WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I mean, she has petz. She has mounts streams. She bakes cookies even!! And she has green hair.

Honestly, the woman is a breath of fresh air after the toxicity that mushrooms up on YouTube daily. But, opinion away.....
    Agreed. Hazelnutty and T/E are really the only WoW youtubers I enjoy. The rest (that I have seen) are too hung up on 'only by doing what I say does the game have any chance of being good again' or just nonstop whining about the game/stirring up the mob-mentality in the idiots that hang on their every word.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Yea....sure. Believable...

If you ignore all the times they've publicly shat all over Blizzard for their shit.

But, otherwise, sure. If it makes you feel better, you're right.
    give proof

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Here you go: 1 2 They spend the entire thread on twitter trying to backpedal. The 2nd half of the initial tweet is idiotic as well. Feedback/suggestions are essentially "telling them how to design their game".
    jesus
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2020-07-05 at 08:24 PM.

Yeah she is really nice, I also like FinalBossTV very much. His Alpha/Beta class videos always help me to choose my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who?

I mean, OP doesn't even list one of his/her/their videos, and suddenly expects everyone to know who they are
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking WoW youtubers? I like Nobbel, PlatinumWoW, Madseasonshow, hirumaredx, Hazelnuttygames, Preach, MrGM, Quissy I guess WoWcrendor (Not sure if he really is WoW centric these days, but I do enjoy his WoW stuff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I really love Taliesin and Evitel, particularly their cinematic breakdowns. Blizzard put a ton of love and excruciating detail into them.

(and yeah Hazelnutty is great too, I'm always watching those for the smaller tidbits about patch content I might've missed)
    Love his videos they are well done and as you said his break downs are cool he really goes in depth, and nails most of what needs to be said. even taking things I disagree with and giving me some thought to think about. As a Youtuber he's one of my favourites too...

...but I hate his streams. He's very toxic on twitch, he openly goes out aggravating people, and spends most of the time arguing with chat. There was one time I was watching he literally threw a fit and bounced up and down like a child... He seems very self righteous and very selfish and seems to hold himself in a high regard.

I watched him for 8 months and I just stopped because he wasnt a healthy use of my time. He probably is a really nice guy, his political views are on my level too, so its not like he is in the same boat as someone like The Quartering , who I just comes across as a piece of shit, but the way he comes across in stream is just too much for me and often too heavy.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-07-05 at 09:02 PM.

Probably Hazelnutty I guess as I've actually used alot of her pet strategy videos and often times the most noticeable/top ones in the wowhead comments end up having alot of rng to em and I don't think I ever had to restart a fight with hers.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely watch streamers, but when I do, it is Asmongold.
    To be honest, he shows fun stuff and is fun to watch him, plus he seems to have a decent moral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    You can not have the same smile on you 100% of the time, especially when you talk. This creepy shit is one of the things used to manipulate people into liking you. Common practice in western sales market. Disgusting, dishonest, creepy shit. Do you see it so often in your life you think real smile looks like that? It does not.
    What an utter load of bullshit, l2r humans perhaps? If I can, so can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I mean, she has petz. She has mounts streams. She bakes cookies even!! And she has green hair.

Honestly, the woman is a breath of fresh air after the toxicity that mushrooms up on YouTube daily. But, opinion away.....
    I have zero problems with Hazelnutty, but I'm not gonna lie, I haven't even thought about her in years.

I only watch Preach.
    He isnt buying into all the hype/trash talk - But he actually test it and give his take on it.

Bellular makes quality videos, but I never watch them because I dont like his way of hyping/bad mouthing certain aspects before they are tested.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not hired by Blizzard. They're literally just big fans.
    ^^ This. I like them because they have a measured approach. They criticise when it's fair but also praise when it's fair too. I also think they think a bit more about issues before making content on them. For example the cash shop: Taliesin is open in that he hates it, but also explains the upsides. He also explains that sure, it's annoying that the MoP CE mount is now for sale, but shows that the same was true for WoD and Legion.

Hazel is great too, but less funny, imho, than T&E. Also less analysis I think, more just retelling, which is fine.

Can't say I'm a fan of Preach. A tad too much whining and complaining for my tastes. I can understand not liking parts of the game and YT-ers should make complaints, but when most of your videos are just complaining those can't all be reasoned and fair criticisms, or just why play the game if they are?

Oh, how could I forget:

Nobbel87
    Hirumaredx (the BEST for getting to know tiny cool details about WoW)

Both amazing. And I've also been getting into PlatinumWoW. Great for getting into tidbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I rarely watch streamers, but when I do, it is Asmongold.
    To be honest, he shows fun stuff and is fun to watch him, plus he seems to have a decent moral code.
    I agree. Many people shit on Asmon for his twitch persona, but he's a genuinely decent guy. Him, Preach and Hazel are the three people I like to watch (I watch the latter much less but she definitely gives me the nice person kinda vibe).

Tali and Evitel... After all the shit with Taliesin's streaming behaviour, him going after Asmongold and then playing victim when he got called out... It soured the entire thing for me. I really hope that's also a persona like Asmon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of Preach. A tad too much whining and complaining for my tastes. I can understand not liking parts of the game and YT-ers should make complaints, but when most of your videos are just complaining those can't all be reasoned and fair criticisms, or just why play the game if they are?
    Maybe his BfA videos, because the expansion has been aggressively mediocre, but his Shadowlands videos are mostly positive, with the few that aren't being fully justified(like the state of Shadow Priest on alpha currently).
    Last edited by MeTaL GuArD; 2020-07-05 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I don't see the point in watching youtubers who essentially just re-tell you blueposts or read wowhead for you.
    This is my issue pretty much. They usually don't provide any real insight that you don't get from Wowhead (also they're usually bad at the game).

I miss the older WoW YouTubers who made cool machinimas and music videos. They are all but gone.

I lile Hazel, but i do wish she ate a bit more. She looks very skinny.

Kelani is not too bad. I tend to click his videos, but end up bored after a few minutes and turn it off.

I don't like Taliesen. Way too self serving. I watched when they were small, but not anymore. But, i do like his videos about future game features/races. High elves, Tinkers, class skins... these are features that the community is passionate about and it's good to see a youtuber embrace that.

Bellular is ok but i think they overlook things to rush videos out. So, they come with holes. He seems to pander to the horde crowd for some reason.

Preach is well... he tries not to be negative these days, but i also tend to not agree with things he says. Videos tend to be boring. But, i recognise he is a raider voice. I don't watch anymore either though.

Soul so breezy is alright as well. Mr GM is cool too... and LeystTV? I think that's what he is called. These channels with alpha/ptr stuff tend to be good info.

With that said, i hardly agree with everything they say.

I think i watch bellular the most, sprinkled with Hazel, LeystTV and Mr GM.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-06 at 02:34 PM.

I like Hazel, I like her upbeat attitude. I've started watching some smaller Youtubers like Kraken Latte, Dala GG, Komlit and Syiler. Archvaldor has a lot of interesting vids as well.

Imagine the shitshow in comments if the title of this thread is ".... why is it Bellular??" or ".... why is it Preach??" saying that it is free promotion and thread should be deleted... Somehow Hazel is ok...
    I will not even mention that question was about youtubers and not only WoW related channels but whatever...
    Anyway Hazel is the only one from the 'casual' WoW players i've got in my subscribe box in YT. I really enjoy her positivity in the game.
    I do not care about most WoW channels but i really do not like T&E for evident Blizzard shilling and expecially their attacks on Asmon from like half year ago. I am surprised that Twitch did not ban their channel then.

They're not hired by Blizzard. They're literally just big fans.
    He didn't say they were hired by the company, but that they were shills for Blizzard.

"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others."

There's the definition of shill for you. Sounds pretty spot on for them.

Also, lost all respect after that Asmongold bullshit. Taliesin acted like such a bitch throughout that whole drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Who?

I mean, OP doesn't even list one of his/her/their videos, and suddenly expects everyone to know who they are
    BRUH. Do you even YouTube?? She's everywhere.