Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

toxic big Epeen personalities > Bubbly streamer personalities
    Trolls > wholesome
    etc etc.

Ergo, Hazelnutty ain't my jam.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Yeah, more often than not, Taliesen comes off as a complete blizzard whore. I can't even believe the shit that comes out of his mouth. Remember when they added those penalties for staying in torghast for longer in shadowlands alpha? taliesen made an entire video telling people why it is the best decision. But when blizzard decided to remove the incremental penalties, yet again an entire video taliesen talking about why it is the best decision! Ridiculous! I can clearly see that he has exception knowledge and understanding of the game, so why? Blizzard never cares about a little bit of criticism, they even welcome it. So why?
    Looking for a bright side as much as possible doesn't make him a shill, it makes him a glass half full kind of person.

If he were an actual shill he wouldn't shit on the in-game shop every time he has to talk about it, wouldn't have called Blizzard out for the China debacle and wouldn't recommend people don't come back to the game at various patches in the "is it worth coming back" videos if they don't like X or Y. He aims at being as objective toward the game as possible and, like it not, being objective means saying nice things about parts of the game some people actually enjoy just as much as it means saying bad things about other parts. The worst you could say is that he focuses on the former, because there are plenty of other content creators who are focusing on the latter.

Yes, sometimes he gets a little over-positive in the coverage, but he doesn't "blame the playerbase" for everything, he just calls out examples of people either making a mountain out of a molehill or looking at the news of the week with an eye attuned to negativity.

PS: Less to you, but I find it amusing that people say "unironic" so much about T&E when so much of their off-hand commentary is dry sarcasm. But then i often have to explain when I'm doing the same thing to non-Brits and non-Australians online cuz they assume I'm being earnest.
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2020-07-06 at 12:47 AM.

I find every major WoW YouTuber simply unbearable to watch. It's all fluff.

I do really enjoy Shiekrunner's speedruns and exploration videos, but he hasn't done any new ones for like a year.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Preach, T&E and Hazel are the best 3 imo. SoulSoBreezy a close 4th. the reason I like those 4 is that they give us a balanced look at the game. if it's shit, they will call it out as shit. if it's good, they will call it out as good. plus T&E are quite funny, I do like British humour though so maybe that is causing my opinion to be a bit biased
    Hilariously incorrect.

Hazel, Soul and T&E are incapable of calling Blizzard out. When they do, they make excuses.

They all sugarcoat bad design decisions as much as humanly possible. Most of the time directly regurgitating the bullshit Blizzard themselves said.

For Lore - Bellular
    For Game - T&E

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Hazel, Soul and T&E are incapable of calling Blizzard out. When they do.....
    ... it is because there is a real problem.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    I lost all the respect I had for T/E after the drama with Azmogold, the cringe and hypocrisy was overwhelming, overall the best wow youtuber i would say its Preach with a balance info/fun stuff with drama time, pure entertaining without a doubt Pilav, every time i watch a video of that guy my day go from bad(if i had one) to good, his videos are really entertaining
    How is it even possible to watch 10 seconds of him without wanting to stab yourself in the eye with a pencil? Shouting, screaming and bullying behaviour just get on my nerves way too much

Hazel is absolutely lovely, I like Bellular just because he's similar to how I play and enjoy WoW, and Preach is pretty great. Nobbel is fun when I'm sick as fuck and just want to be told a story.

I love T&E, they do good work and are fun to watch but, they get to be toxic really quick. Their Twitter feed is worse yet, which causes me to be hesitant to watch their videos. Which is disappointing, but not surprising, I'm just glad they're not as bad as other commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I mean you don't have to be CE raider or multi-glad pvp'er, but it helps, and their content is neither meaningful or interesting.
    That's a pretty neat opinion you got there.

Most of the lore that I learned about Argus was from Pyromancer breaking down the mythic Argus fight and it's lore developments. So yeah, being CE is actually pretty important
    LOL yeah. Because you need to be a Mythic raider to deconstruct the lore in an encounter, right? Come on man. It's a fucking story. You can have an elitist viewpoint if you'd like but don't pretend that mere laypeople like T&E are somehow restricted from talking about the story of a fucking video game because they don't kill Mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a pretty neat opinion you got there.

LOL yeah. Because you need to be a Mythic raider to deconstruct the lore in an encounter, right? Come on man. It's a fucking story. You can have an elitist viewpoint if you'd like but don't pretend that mere laypeople like T&E are somehow restricted from talking about the story of a fucking video game because they don't kill Mythic bosses.
    You're kind. Incredibly unhelpful. And slightly elitist. Why did I leave these forums again?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Hilariously incorrect.

Hazel, Soul and T&E are incapable of calling Blizzard out. When they do, they make excuses.

They all sugarcoat bad design decisions as much as humanly possible. Most of the time directly regurgitating the bullshit Blizzard themselves said.
    Dude, what the fuck are you on about? You're of the opinion that anybody who doesn't want to burn Blizzard HQ to the fucking ground is some kind of filthy apologist. And now you're shitting on people for not agreeing with your lofty opinions about WoW YTers, as if there's some contractual obligation for a "good WoW YTer" to share your extremely narrow, extremely inflammatory opinion. We get it: You fucking hate the current dev team. But just because certain WoW YTers aren't making video after video regurgitating the same three or four talking points you post in every single fucking thread on this forum doesn't mean that they're better or worse. Please stop getting mad at people for liking things you don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    You're kind. Incredibly unhelpful. And slightly elitist. Why did I leave these forums again?
    ...what? Did you quote the wrong person?

The only one I watch at all anymore is wowcrendor.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Dude, what the fuck are you on about? You're of the opinion that anybody who doesn't want to burn Blizzard HQ to the fucking ground is some kind of filthy apologist. And now you're shitting on people for not agreeing with your lofty opinions about WoW YTers, as if there's some contractual obligation for a "good WoW YTer" to share your extremely narrow, extremely inflammatory opinion. We get it: You fucking hate the current dev team. But just because certain WoW YTers aren't making video after video regurgitating the same three or four talking points you post in every single fucking thread on this forum doesn't mean that they're better or worse. Please stop getting mad at people for liking things you don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. Just, why with the cursing and calling people out? Why can't we just discuss things kindly

I think I speak for at least one other person here when I say "You're kind. Incredibly unhelpful. And slightly elitist. Why did I leave these forums again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I think I speak for at least one other person here when I say "You're kind. Incredibly unhelpful. And slightly elitist. Why did I leave these forums again?"
    Check my post history. This is simply how I communicate. I'm not going to censor myself (because I don't have to) and I really don't give a flying fuck about how other people perceive my posts (or by extension, me). The real irony here is that the thing I'm arguing against is legitimate objectivity, something which is extremely rare around here. Everybody just wants to shit on each other for liking things they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I really love Taliesin and Evitel, particularly their cinematic breakdowns. Blizzard put a ton of love and excruciating detail into them.

(and yeah Hazelnutty is great too, I'm always watching those for the smaller tidbits about patch content I might've missed)
    I used to love them, in fact I started following on YouTube when they had a few hundred followers. However, Taliesin's personality has become annoying. He's one of those people that has let some popularity get to his head. Watch his first videos and watch the ones now, he barely lets Evitel speak. And he's become completely obnoxious and makes out like he predicted things or jumps on bandwagons like the whole "BFA is grey" sarcastic thing when we all knew it wasn't going to be.

Their production is great but the rest is overshadowed by Taliesin being a turd.

The best YouTuber for entertainment are Preach and HazelNutty.
    The best for previews are LeystTV and MrGM
    The best for random wow stuff is WillE
    The best for lore are The Lost Codex and Doronsmovies
    The best for info includes all of the above + wowhead and HazelNutty

These are all my opinions obviously.
    Last edited by Sharnie786; 2020-07-06 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Wow youtuber? Then it's Pyromancer. I just find specualtions fun, even if some they turn out to be wrong.
    Pretty fun how belluar have "copied" him sometimes and didn't even give him credit... Atleast pyro give credit to others when they've discorved something new.
    Link to his channel for those who want. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT...yUUw5_St5n26SQ
    Sure if you like YouTubers that intentionally lie and mislead their cul.. I mean followers. Claim a rumor is legit, citing inside sources only for it to be false and never owning up to it

And people who throw darts at the wall until something somewhat resembling their "predictions" sticks and unironically calling themselves a profit.

And a cringe level sylvy fan.

To each their own I guess.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed out a few more from before that others mentioned. These guys definitely deserve a shout out:

Madseason
    Archvaldor
    Wowcrendor
    Kakio

T&E are shills? They're pretty quick to criticise when it's fair, and they just like the parts they do like. I get why people come to that conclusion but it's also why I like T&E. When most people see a change and don't like it, their thought process stops there. T&E actually sit back and think on it for a second and look at it from the Dev's point of view. I think their responses are pretty measured. Given the amount they do critique they are certainly not shills. They just think for themselves and enjoy the game.
    (Side note on the measured responses - while the way they went about it may not have been great, I do think they were right on the Asmongold issue. Public figures do need to accept responsibility for influencing their fans.)

Pyromancer - I used to love his stuff. But I came to realise that he bases a lot of his speculation on theories and other speculation. For example speculating that Argus was the "light" titan because partway through his transformation in the mythic phase his colour changes to yellow/gold. That of course had nothing to do with him shifting from blue to red skin. And he's pretty rude to his own fans. If he disagrees with your input he literally says "You're just a f*ing idiot, go read Chronicles." or something. He literally said that to me when I suggested that the star in the sky post-Legion was the Vindicaar based on it's shape and five points. He could have just explained why that wasn't the case based on the ending cinematic but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

- - - Updated - - -

Again. I think you have reading comprehension issues. I haven't shit on anyone for liking pathetic shill YouTubers. I've shit on the YTers themselves, yes. But I haven't directly shit on anyone. I've just merely disagreed with their love for said YTers.

There are good parts of this game, absolutely. What I won't stand for is people who have a platform and voice in the community basically excusing Blizzards dogshit design practises and turning things around to blame the community for not liking them. Bellular used to do the same back in Legion, now he calls them out.

This sentiment isn't new. Taliesin is a pretty well known shill.

You seem weirdly angry today. Maybe take a break.
    Last edited by DemonDays; 2020-07-06 at 02:21 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean you don't have to be CE raider or multi-glad pvp'er, but it helps, and their content is neither meaningful or interesting. Most of the lore that I learned about Argus was from Pyromancer breaking down the mythic Argus fight and it's lore developments. So yeah, being CE is actually pretty important
    What does being a mythic raider have to do with lore? The lore doesn’t suddenly change, especially in the example you used