Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a pretty neat opinion you got there.
    Nah, there content mostly consists of praising every decision Blizzard makes. There's a reason they are know as being shills. So yeah, it's shit.

LOL yeah. Because you need to be a Mythic raider to deconstruct the lore in an encounter, right? Come on man. It's a fucking story. You can have an elitist viewpoint if you'd like but don't pretend that mere laypeople like T&E are somehow restricted from talking about the story of a fucking video game because they don't kill Mythic bosses.
    Way to miss the point. The REASON why his insights on the lore were so good was because he had played the fight and was explaining the relationship between the encounter's boss abilities and the lore. T&E's understanding of lore is very surface level and lacks any depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    What does being a mythic raider have to do with lore? The lore doesn’t suddenly change, especially in the example you used
    see above ^

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Way to miss the point. The REASON why his insights on the lore were so good was because he had played the fight and was explaining the relationship between the encounter's boss abilities and the lore. T&E's understanding of lore is very surface level and lacks any depth.
    Ahahahahhaha -- you do know that literally anybody can read what abilities do, right? This isn't arcane knowledge bestowed only on Mythic raiders. Again, you're fine to have an elitist viewpoint if you want but gatekeeping lore to Mythic raiders is so ridiculous it's actually kind of hilarious that you feel this way. But you do you, dude. Keep sticking it to the quote-unquote shills who have the sheer unmitigated audacity to occasionally enjoy a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Again. I think you have reading comprehension issues. I haven't shit on anyone for liking pathetic shill YouTubers. I've shit on the YTers themselves, yes. But I haven't directly shit on anyone. I've just merely disagreed with their love for said YTers.

There are good parts of this game, absolutely. What I won't stand for is people who have a platform and voice in the community basically excusing Blizzards dogshit design practises and turning things around to blame the community for not liking them. Bellular used to do the same back in Legion, now he calls them out.

This sentiment isn't new. Taliesin is a pretty well known shill.

You seem weirdly angry today. Maybe take a break.
    Responding with hostility towards people are simply sharing an opinion about who they prefer to watch on YT is a bit ridiculous. That's why I'm "weirdly angry." This doesn't make any sense. You're so caught up in this idea of YTers being shills that you can't even converse rationally with others about the subject with even the faintest amount of objectivity.

Asmongold and Mccool. They are very funny. Can't take them seriously and that's part of the charm.

I like Preach the most but watching his videos on classes that he doesn't play are always difficult to appreciate. He just asks a few people who play the class/spec then tries to gather a consensus/general view out of it.

An example being he said Windwalkers are looking to be in a great spot when nothing has happened outside of them getting Xuen and a worse version of Expel Harm baseline, while Whirling Dragon Punch is still a must-pick talent. Nothing about that is great.

I still prefer his videos to the others.

Ahahahahhaha -- you do know that literally anybody can read what abilities do, right? This isn't arcane knowledge bestowed only on Mythic raiders. Again, you're fine to have an elitist viewpoint if you want but gatekeeping lore to Mythic raiders is so ridiculous it's actually kind of hilarious that you feel this way. But you do you, dude. Keep sticking it to the quote-unquote shills who have the sheer unmitigated audacity to occasionally enjoy a video game.
    Still missing the point. You'll figure it out one day

7+ Year Old Account
    Jontron is the only one i watch regularly
    Oney as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

And maybe one day you'll realize how ridiculous it is to imply the only acceptable lore ambassadors are those who experience a single raid encounter first hand. A single raid encounter in a game that has four difficulty levels for its raid content. Dozens of dungeons, each with their own lore attached. Hundreds and thousands of quests. Dozens of cutscenes. Innumerable NPCs. Books upon books of tertiary story supplement. Comic books. Graphic novels. The list goes on.

No -- only those who've experienced that single raid encounter on the hardest difficulty should be allowed to talk about any of this. If you can't see the abject absurdity in a viewpoint like this I really don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-07-06 at 03:16 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    At this moment I think just Preach, he doesn't repeat news, but add his own thoughs. I like Nobbel too, just don't really watch his videos. If we add streamers, Slootbag, Towellie are alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    I used to love them, in fact I started following on YouTube when they had a few hundred followers. However, Taliesin's personality has become annoying. He's one of those people that has let some popularity get to his head. Watch his first videos and watch the ones now, he barely lets Evitel speak. And he's become completely obnoxious and makes out like he predicted things or jumps on bandwagons like the whole "BFA is grey" sarcastic thing when we all knew it wasn't going to be.
    I used too watch them as well during Legion and early BfA. I had no problem that they're positive and mostly just repeat news, pointing out how ridicolous and repetitive is whining on forums was funny as well.

But then I watched his streams. He didn't really play the game, he just sits and rant about political stuff (and he's really far left) and is very offensive to anyone with different opinion. Of course all these "f*ck this" and "f*ck that" are spoken with big fake smile and message "we are WoW community, let's hold hands". Yeeeah, after watching few of these I couldn't stand any more videos, all seemed to be really fake.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no no no, you have no point. Lore is completely separate from Mythic Raiding. The boss's abilities are not lore. I've just had a quick look and the only abilities that mention anyone specific are Sargeras, Eonar and Aggramar, who we already know about from a lore perspective and whom anyone can discuss. The mythic abilities hold nothing important there except having those people in their names. You're talking like someone doing mythic raiding is actually going "oh and now we have Sargeras's Fear on *insert healer name here*; Sargeras of course is a titan responsible for the creation of the Burning Legion" - that offers nothing new or insightful about the actual person.

Preach lives in his own bubble and completely cannot understand that people behave differently than him.
    "Oh i didn't have a problem with this so nobody else did, it's a lie, illusion, myth"

I lost it when dude was trying to explain why servers lag while having no clue whatsoever about it.
    And lost my respect when he did 20 minutes long video about trials not getting loot (so it was myth and it never happens). Insta unsub from YT, insta unfollow from twitch.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hazel is great but I've gotta go with Taliesin and Evitel.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Are you serious? I didn't hear about that. Shit like this is popping like crazy these days.
    Yeah. It was very recent. Around the same time as Method imploding because of Josh. He's pretty much taking a step back for now according to his Twitter, but a lot of people have already said they aren't working with him in the future. Doubtful he makes any kind of comeback from that.

I watch a lot of Nobbel87, really enjoy his Lore videos.

And her head wobbles like a bobble head. Not much more is needed

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I mean, she has petz. She has mounts streams. She bakes cookies even!! And she has green hair.

Honestly, the woman is a breath of fresh air after the toxicity that mushrooms up on YouTube daily. But, opinion away.....
    The Good Ones

1. Preach - I started watching him when he did the Mage Tower videos, those helped me do my wins. I watched most of his BFA videos and found them interesting. He exploited the XP potions, got caught, and did his "mea culpa". I can't imagine T&E ever soiling themselves by exploiting.... would be too "common" for them. I like his view from a mythic raider. It helps me to see some reasons for things happening in the game and player community.

2. Hazel - she is the Dolly/Dot of YT'ers. Just a bouncy and mostly positive fount of information. Her mount guides have helped me several times. I even watched her for some pet battling in Legion. A veritable chocolate chip cookie....makes you smile.

3. Signs of Kelani - His voice and attitude could calm my ex wife ......... It's like the ultimate FM DJ voice with a calm attitude.

The Bad Ones

1. T&E - I feel like I just attended a time share meeting after watching them.....sort of dirty, sort of annoyed at wasting time. Maybe like attending another HR meeting at work........listening to the Company/Blizzard line of rules/reasons/promises.........and still feeling dirty, annoyed, time wasted.

2. Asmongold - the Stephen A Smith of YT. Mostly yelling and lots of voice inflections....no Max to be the whipping boy/backboard. I did use his video on how to solo the Thundering Raider achievement and did get the mount....but he was calm in that video....a rarity. Too much narcissism...

3. Belular - A fine voice full of concern....a very nice backdrop....sort of like a tv psychiatrist's office. Makes you feel comfortable as he "helps" you to appreciate all the work the developers are doing "for you". Occasionally he will furrow his brow and browbeat Blizzard just a bit....enough to let you know that your troubles are real but are being looked at by Ion.

Marcelian Online is a fairly new channel that I really enjoy. Good bants and great guides

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    The Good Ones

3. Signs of Kelani - His voice and attitude could calm my ex wife ......... It's like the ultimate FM DJ voice with a calm attitude.
    oh i forgot about Signs of Kelani, you're right his voice is rather soothing. he is also objective too, which is a plus

Taliesin and Evitel have my vote, they're so charming and funny, both of them. I love their shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno who Hazel is and don't really care either. If it has to be wow youtuber then maybe Dalaran. His arena wargame duel videos are fun to watch. If it can be any youtuber then pretty much all leathercrafter youtubers since I practice leathercrafting and try to make cosplay gear for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Kalamazi - warlock focused content but really good all round. Has some very good videos of full dungeons clears on Alpha with logs
    My man....