Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Technically the last Titan is Argus as Azeroth isn't born yet. And clearly with half his head missing that fucker needed to be rebuilt.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I wonder if this is true or are we being led on by Magni (intentionally or not). This looks too simple, and Magni looks too "know-it-all". Maybe I'm just suspicious for no reason. I mean look at everyone in the chamber of heart. We have (had at some point) ra-den, we fought him TWICE for him being a bit too "impressionable", MOTHER, same, we have not one but 2 "uncorrupted black dragons". I trust none of them tbh.
    Yesss.. don't trust your friends.
    They will all turn around on you in the end.
    Y̶o̕ur̨ ̡fri͏e͡n͠d̨s ̨will a̕b̕a̧n͢d͝o̶n ̶y̛o͞u.́
    You will die alone in the dark. Be wary, be wary.
    B̨̯͙̰̤̟̖e̝ ҉̖̲͔̘w̸̰͈ạ̣̖͍̼̠ry͙.̶͉͇

Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Azeroth is pretty much what passes as a core for the planet. If she dies . . . well what do you think happens if a planet would suddenly lose its core?
    Then we need to send a Dark Iron mole machine into the center of the Molten Core to restart the core with NUKES!
    Duh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    I was reading about Lei Shen's heart due to other thread discussion and i re-read the phrase that Wrathion pronounced when he ate Lei Shen's heart:

Key word here is... rebuild... why rebuild? Does it mean Azeroth was ALREDY built? And if its not anymore and needs to be remade... does it mean Azeroth was killed?

Im not sure if this has been addressed in the past, since from MoP to Legion (and somewhat part of BfA) i mostly ignored WoW novels and lore (because it was awful, dont judge me)... but it intrigues me... why they say specifically use the word "rebuild"?
    That qoute is years older than the concept of titan souls so, don't put too much focus on it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Dead creatures dont have blood flowing through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That qoute is years older than the concept of titan souls so, don't put too much focus on it.
    Blizzard has been putting in hints to where they were pushing the story towards for many years though. Of course, nice and vague so they leave themselves wiggleroom and dont write themselves in a corner, but still.

Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. Uulwi ifis halahs gag, erh'ongg w'ssh. ("The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity.")

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Blizzard has been putting in hints to where they were pushing the story towards for many years though. Of course, nice and vague so they leave themselves wiggleroom and dont write themselves in a corner, but still.

Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. Uulwi ifis halahs gag, erh'ongg w'ssh. ("The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity.")
    Oh please, it's more likely that the sun collapses tomorrow than Blizzard being able to think this far ahead.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm not saying they didn't have a few threads planned out but.... Yeah, no.

Nice and vague so it can be tied into anything as all good prophecies are(especially real life ones).

In other words, they had nothing planned and were just writing cryptic sounding stuff. Nevermind the madness of listening to an entity whose soldiers and allies have been killing your allies for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh please, it's more likely that the sun collapses tomorrow than Blizzard being able to think this far ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'm not saying they didn't have a few threads planned out but.... Yeah, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Nice and vague so it can be tied into anything as all good prophecies are(especially real life ones). In other words, they had nothing planned.
    Guys, Lads, Dudes, Ladies, Ladettes.
    This isn't anything new or groundbreaking.
    It's a very common long-term writing technique to leave vague treads open to tie into later.
    I'm not calling Blizzard writing genius paragons here. They applied a common writing technique which has worked out well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, Lads, Dudes, Ladies, Ladettes.
    This isn't anything new or groundbreaking.
    It's a very common long-term writing technique to leave vague treads open to tie into later.
    I'm not calling Blizzard writing genius paragons here. They applied a common writing technique which has worked out well.
    They also changed writers halfway through so....

Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    I was reading about Lei Shen's heart due to other thread discussion and i re-read the phrase that Wrathion pronounced when he ate Lei Shen's heart:

Key word here is... rebuild... why rebuild? Does it mean Azeroth was ALREDY built? And if its not anymore and needs to be remade... does it mean Azeroth was killed?

Im not sure if this has been addressed in the past, since from MoP to Legion (and somewhat part of BfA) i mostly ignored WoW novels and lore (because it was awful, dont judge me)... but it intrigues me... why they say specifically use the word "rebuild"?
    Assuming its still a valid reference, they retcon all the time, could be that Azeroth was 'built' previous ly, but broken somehow.
    In SL there are references to 'Ancient Ones' maybe they had something to do with the origins of the Titans.
    I dont recall their origin stories from Chronicle mind you, so I might be way off base here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We don't know that yet. The only other planet we've encountered that we know had a titan in it is Argus.

True but we also know from Draenor that opening interdemensional fel portals all over a planets surface will rip it asunder. I would argue that using Argus as a staging ground for the Burning Legion's war against all worlds wasn't too kind to that planet's surface. When Argus the titan manifested at the Seat of the Pantheon, it didn't further destroy the planet.

She is probably alive. MOTHER would likely detect her demise.

I do not think that we need the Titan to keep Azeroth in one piece tho. Argus still exists despite it's Titan being killed.

It is however questionable at which point Magni talked to her, since Azshara and N'zoth clearly manipulated him in some respect, so the female voice he has been hearing might have been Azshara's.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    That'd require thought, subtlety and better writing than they can currently produce though, so that's an unrealistic train of thought.
    Always found it strange we just accepted Magni is telling the truth without any verification.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I do not think that we need the Titan to keep Azeroth in one piece tho. Argus still exists despite it's Titan being killed.
    Argus was ported out and given physical form.

Azeroth is still part of the planet.

Formerly known as Arafal

at this point i really don't give a shit, when blizzard announced Wow Chronicle i though finally a lore book that has all the lore in it without all the fanfiction embezzlements writers who don't even know the source material like to add.

only for blizzard to go the Chronicle books are from the point of view of the titans and therefor might not convey the whole truth, (translation: we can't be bothered to keep ower canon lore consistant so we can just pull things from ower ass when we need to) im paraphrasing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    It's not an egg. If you drill down to the core you're not going to find a massive woman inside. The planet is a 'soul' that manifests itself outside.
    I would laugh my ass off if that happends!

*crack*

players: What was that??
    Azeroth: Oo hello, bown down pls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Always found it strange we just accepted Magni is telling the truth without any verification.
    Don't ask these difficult questions, just accept it and take the damn neckless! No, but realy..well accepting him was weird since many people picked up when we were told diamon king was made a pawn. Well with that pawn we blasted N'zoth to the sky, so that only helped us. so whos pawn? Azshara then I guess.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-07-22 at 11:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I had been fantasizing about Magni duping us about the whole Azerite thing (whether it was intentional or not), since after all, Old Gods are masters at deception and at driving their mortals (and even Dragon Aspects) to madness - moreso in the case of N'zoth, who was hinted at being the smartest of the bunch. Imagine that, all of us collecting loads of Azerite to nuke each other back to the stone age... just to find out at some moment that we were effectively weakening Azeroth, so that Tentacle Boi could snag her. Simple, concise, and believable given Warcraft's general frame. Oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.