Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Even WoW Classic indicates the actual fact, there was barely any skilled involved before ..Cata averagely, you just required time, the game has changed massively to become much more fast paced, dangerous and require way more coordination/reflexes/actual skill than before, and its why all the old dogs are crying cause they cant keep up.
    rofl

Old dog here. I have no problems keeping up with the new mechanics. The new mechanics, in reality, require less coordination, the same reflexes, and less skill than before. When I was raiding in Legion and earlier in BfA, I averaged 90% according to Warcraftlogs...so clearly my age isn't a barrier and I clearly perform just fine in these raids.

The reason old dogs like me complain about Retail is because it is pointlessly mechanic heavy and, once you learn it, insanely boring. It doesn't matter what rdps I bring to the current crop of raids; I play each one of them exactly the same, because the mechanics are the same. This is true for every mdps, tank, and healer.

And then when the group progresses from Normal to Heroic, *some* fights add another mechanic. While people like you likely say, "Oh! Exciting!", people like me are rolling their eyes. Yeah, the same thing I did for weeks, I get to do all over again with a minor change here and there. Sorry, but I don't excited about the "gold star" of AOTC and the same gear I already had with slightly better stats.

What really changed is that when I was heavily raiding in places like Karazhan, I used to enjoy each week because I would have a different mix of players, and that actually affected how the encounters played out. Same with most dungeons. I got *sooo* frigging bored with running the same handful of dungeons over and over again...adding an affix rarely changed how it plays out (i.e. tank charge, everyone AoE, some interrupt, rinse and repeat ad nauseum).

As for the OP's question, the answer is that time gates are substantially cheaper than "skill" gates. I put skill in quotes because the game has never been overly hard. There simply was a lot more content to progress through in the original and first 2 expansions. Blizz has been cutting corners more and more with each expansion since Wraith to the point that we are left with a game of repeating the same things over and over again for a chance of getting the same gear we got the first time with slightly better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Of course you dont because you are in the category that has no clue what he is talking about, you just complain to complain or something along those lines, as the majority of the players.

Gear is trivial to acquire but you are somehow not 480 and you are using 465 as a measurement of comparison cause thats where your limited knowledge about things, ends and bla bla bla.

Usual mmo-champion shenanigans, dont worry.
    I mean gear isn't the time gate essences mostly are. I don't get what point your trying to make in terms of the thread...?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    People resub for a patch, and after Method.. sorry some guild gets world first.. they go back to sucking some other games tits until the next patch. Tbh, I’d rather people just either played the damn game or quit. It’s annoying AF to see people resub for 2 weeks and act hard, then leave until the next patch lol

why would i want to the same stuff for months when i have seen it in 1-2 months.

play the same dungeon for 500times to increase score on a meaningless 3rd party website, do same boring vision 5mask run for rng corruption? grind essences grind this ams that boring.

new patch is nice for 1-2 months with a new raid and some features.
    Last edited by jiih; 2020-07-06 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    why would i want to the same stuff for months when i have seen it in 1-2 months.
    You understand the basic MMO design? If you dont like repetive game play you just choose the worst possible genre for your game time.

As a content tourist you are just stuck in the ultra-casual gaming mode in WoW and most likely never even get into the sub-communitys because of this. The game and community you experience is a very different one what regular players experience.

Speedruns are a thing since vanilla's baron STRAT runs and UBRS speeds and mythic+ with world-wide competition is just the evolution what the core players allways did in this game. If you don't like it, don't participate. But after 15+ years of this game and community with no major changes, you have to ask yourself if you maybe made a bad choice with WoW, when you don't even like the base game/community in the first place.

Questioning basic unchanged game mechanics that are wanted by the community and supported by the DEV's since the first years is just silly and no, the game might not change after 15years to something you might like.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post

I mean your right about the cloak... nothing else but I can give you that.

Bwl is super doable in dungeon gear.
    If you're talking about Classic then nothing is new and you still need a couple of people with the MC gear to even reach the numbers. Soy up most likely got carried.

I cannot say much of the game since vanilla to current expansion has had much of a skill check. Its more just a thing of does the pride of cats finally start moving in the right direction. You know, do the two idiots in your raid finally figure out to stop casting fireball and move out of the raid wipe mechanic. So almost everything in the game has always boiled down to time gates in one way or the other. Time because things are released over time. Or time because it takes john and ashley going for that 22 parse to stop casting fireball. Unless of course you are that john or that ashley.

What is this heresy? It's actually completely opposite.

Game moved from time gates to skill gates.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    snip
    Congrats, your attempt to show off means jack shit, especially when you even mention Normal in your thread.

And then Karazhan, which shows even more....At least mention some sort of Top 20 world kill or something, or a realm first if you wanna act important.

Stop random assumptions, and if you felt offended by the old dog comment then it was obviously not targeted towards you, the majority of people over the age of averagely 35 that grew up with WoW are insanely shit at the game and cant keep up with how its changed in their majority.