Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Just do a WoW 2 and be done with it imo
    do you "GIEF US WOW 2" even try to think what a WoW 2 would mean? you know like characters gone.. i doubt that even you WoW 2 screamers will just leave behind your characters you invested 15 years into .. gosh

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    As if they won't and can't make new threats as the story goes along to build up for the future, the same way they've been planting seeds for the void and light for a while now?
    Tbf here, they have been setting up the Void as the "ultimate threat" for awhile now. Look at Harbinger Skyriss:

"It is a small matter to control the mind of the weak... for I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty Legion!" Not to mention the talk of Sargeras potentially falling beneath the "Old Gods" (Though, replace the Old Gods with the Void Lords, and it'll hold up) in the WoTA trilogy.

Blizzard's been planning on the Void being the ultimate threat for a long time, tbh. Chronicle just gave Blizzard a clear insight on what they're doing, however. Cause originally, they planned for the Old Gods to be the ultimate threat of the Void, and not the Void Lords. But now, as things are getting much more cosmic and shit, I guess it makes sense that Blizz creates their own version of the "Outer Gods".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    They'd have to do something, though wow2 is likely the answer tbh. current wow is a stale mess.

Every expansion it gets harder and harder to find competent people because the game is just so godawful fewer and fewer people can bring themselves to slog through the content anymore.
    They're not going to recreate an entire game to please a vocal minority. Do you know how long that'll take?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It could also be a expansion where we face off against the pirate legion of Plunder Isle, raiding Bloodsail Hold and discovering that they are commanded by a living ship that hungers for everything precious.

Or maybe we discover that the legendary Dragon Isles lie at Azeroth's southern pole and it holds the gateway to a land dominated by Dragons that fled their dragonflights. We meet factions like the Dark Dragonflight who abolish the sunlight and the Crystal Dragonflight that ascended into crystalline forms.

Or even better, we discover what Mal'ganis has been up to and he asks for our help to adventure into the remains of Nathreza to free his race of a long-forgotten curse and their hidden, vicious goddess who enslaved the minds of the Nathrezim so long ago.

Blizzard could manifest a thousand storylines into new expansions before we see a revamp / wow 2 / classic+.

People gotta stop with that desire of somehow "replaying" WoW from scrap. There's no time machine to 2006.
    I think the point people have is that in the lore our characters have creeped into the realm of extremely powerful beings. We have fought Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, Old Gods, and we won against them. We are past the point in the story that normal day to day villains are conceivable as threats. A coup to overthrow the King of Stormwind from pirates? Ha! I defeated a god that destroyed a thousand planets, you are just some upstart human.

The problem with WoW's story is not that there aren't directions to take and places to go, it is that once you have ascended far as we have lore wise, you are the the most powerful being on the planet. It's like we are playing Thanos but are on the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Remember when mid Legion they started pushing the "Void Lord" stuff as a new old god style power tier and a lot of people were saying it felt like disjointed fan fiction? did they just drop all that in favour of the whole death stuff after the positive reaction to things like bwonsomde and the death knight stuff in legion?

It feels a lot like when pandaria ended with wrathion saying "the legions coming for us" and then we had our alternative timeline outland vacation.
    Not really? They've been pushing the Death plot for a long time now, since Cata tbh. Legion was when things really started kicking with Sylvanas and the whole Death shit tbh. Moreso than the Void Lords. Hell, the Void Lords are getting their first NAMED showcase in Shadowlands, but they themselves don't even show up. Not to mention all of the Light/Shadow shit going on in SL. Legion could NEVER lead into a clear Void Lords expansion tbh. Shadowlands was always going to come first.

Also, WoD served moreso as an inbetween with MoP and Legion. With the Archimonde toy, as well as other things like AU Gul'dan, it was clear from the beginning that Blizz wanted this to be the tie-in expansion for a Legion invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I think the point people have is that in the lore our characters have creeped into the realm of extremely powerful beings. We have fought Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, Old Gods, and we won against them. We are past the point in the story that normal day to day villains are conceivable as threats. A coup to overthrow the King of Stormwind from pirates? Ha! I defeated a god that destroyed a thousand planets, you are just some upstart human.

The problem with WoW's story is not that there aren't directions to take and places to go, it is that once you have ascended far as we have lore wise, you are the the most powerful being on the planet. It's like we are playing Thanos but are on the Avengers.
    Granted, we did merely imprison Sargeras, but we DID defeat a Sargeras empowered Argus World Soul that could end creation in a single spell, even if we had the Titan's aid there.

Tho, it's not like that matters. In BFA, you're asked to pick up shit in some quests, I think. Not to mention that AU Yrel and the Scarlet Crusade back in our realm could cause a raid tier + a dungeon in the next expansion, if we get into a Light/Shadow expansion.

As long as we get updated models for gnolls I'll be happy. Have you seen the state of them?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They're not going to recreate an entire game to please a vocal minority. Do you know how long that'll take?
    What else is there to do in this game that is mind numbingly boring?

I would rather them do a hard reboot. The game has gone too far from a RPG to me and Blizzard seems to want to double down on the Diablo 3 style gameplay versus traditional RPG gameplay. But yeah the more I think about it the more I think after Shadowlands is going to be a time jump and enough changes that it will essentially be WoW 2, just not a separate game.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What else is there to do in this game that is mind numbingly boring?
    Raiding, max out your legendary cloak, PVP, literally anything before Shadowlands. Do M+ shit with guild mates of friends? Idk. Something. With your logic, literally anything that's ever happened in this game is "boring" because it takes time to do. I really don't think any of it is boring, though I do think some of the content is just utter trash. Certainly not boring tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    We literally have 1-2 threats after this. The Void and the Light. That's it. No need for a WoW 2 when the story's almost done.
    Or they make a WoW 2, which is begins in Vanilla, with slight-slight changes, but other than that, the same, and then continue the story, and change stuff where they utterly fucked up!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Or they make a WoW 2, which is begins in Vanilla, with slight-slight changes, but other than that, the same, and then continue the story, and change stuff where they utterly fucked up!
    Again, that takes a lot of time, and would really just be the same thing but with a slightly different route. Personally, while I do dislike BFA with a burning passion, I do think current WoW has some great things that old WoW could never have. I find the lore to be better, the dungeons and raids to be much better adapted and done, the art/music to be amazing, some of the systems to be overall good, etc. The only things I really hate rn are Visions and Corruption (8.3 shit that Blizzard's going to forget in SL. Thank god), RNG (Mostly gone in SL), and the Artifact Grind (Also gone in SL).

Class design is also an issue, but that's been an issue for a LONG time now. SL is luckily going to do SOME different things with them, and give back Legion abilities people unfortunately lost in BFA. Not to mention the return of Paladin auras, Warrior traits that were removed long ago, some changes, etc. It's a good start, to say the least. Even if they're still extremely flawed.

Every expansion is a soft reboot. Totally reinvent the same old wheel that rolls just about the exact same each time.

that would be pretty messed up and terrible writing, therefore I'm absolutely sure blizzard could pull it off.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

My time levelling alts in the last few weeks has shown me that it's not Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms that need a revamp. It's everything fucking else.

You actually get a decent amount of choice in where you level from 20-60. I've been knocking the Loremaster stuff off while doing it.

When you hit 60 you have a choice of maybe three zones, at 80 a choice of another three one of which one you won't ever pick. At 90 you have one.

I know they're revamping it for SL, but they could have just made every zone 1-(previous expansion cap) and been done with it.

There won’t be any old zones revamp unless they are working on it since at least two years, it’s a huge work, not much for the graphics maybe, but for the quests.

We literally have 1-2 threats after this. The Void and the Light. That's it. No need for a WoW 2 when the story's almost done.
    There were only 1-2 threat left after WarCraft 2. Yet they still come with new games. All they have to do is introduce new ones. Also, they can pretty much turn ANY character or faction "evil", and you have an expansion. BFA exists solely on the shoulders of Sylvanas going mental.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Didn't they say in an interview they WONT do big revamps anymore?
    I think, by this point, you can counter anything blizzard says with something they have done that is the opposite of it.

WoW 2!
    - New Engine where it can support 50x50 fights in any map
    - time skip of 30 years giving time to Anduin Wrynn grows as the real leader and time to horde have a new great one as well
    - with the engine we can have a new BG like a Battle Royal, where anyone from lvl 10 can join and lvl doesnt matter, you have zero spells, you get them like weapons in BR's. Freeacounts can play as well, keeping transmogs(blizz shop?) but cant get awards like mounts and titles
    - reset gold, level, itens and transmogs(with new engine would be terrible to keep it)
    - you can keep your nickname, mounts and get some especial achievments and titles for fighting the old times
    - revamp of all classes for their spells and talents
    - 4th talent tree would fit better here
    - first halfway to max level each classes is exactly the same, so ppl can "try" heal, dps and tank more freely. And would help the lvl up as the soon to be healer can dps at start
    - 2nd half you can choose your spec with new spells and every other lvl u can choose a "talent"
    - some new playable races
    - some races will have the Panda mechanic where you can choose your side later, this applys to high elfs where you will have a story to go with the blood or the void, and night elfs to go with elune or be a Nightborne, and things like that
    Last edited by Hayna; 2020-07-06 at 02:42 PM.

Imo we just need to have warcraft 4 to meaningfully advance the lore. followed by wow2

Quote Originally Posted by Hayna View Post
    WoW 2!
    - New Engine where it can support 50x50 fights in any map
    - time skip of 30 years giving time to Anduin Wrynn grows as the real leader and time to horde have a new great one as well
    - with the engine we can have a new BG like a Battle Royal, where anyone from lvl 10 can join and lvl doesnt matter, you have zero spells, you get them like weapons in BR's. Freeacounts can play as well, keeping transmogs(blizz shop?) but cant get awards like mounts and titles
    - reset gold, level, itens and transmogs(with new engine would be terrible to keep it)
    - you can keep your nickname, mounts and get some especial achievments and titles for fighting the old times
    - revamp of all classes for their spells and talents
    - 4th talent tree would fit better here
    - first halfway to max level each classes is exactly the same, so ppl can "try" heal, dps and tank more freely. And would help the lvl up as the soon to be healer can dps at start
    - 2nd half you can choose your spec with new spells and every other lvl u can choose a "talent"
    This is hands down one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, honestly. If Blizzard actually included Battle Royale in WoW, the game would die very quickly. BR has absolutely no place in an MMO. As for your class ideas, that would basically be a rip off of Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is hands down one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, honestly. If Blizzard actually included Battle Royale in WoW, the game would die very quickly. BR has absolutely no place in an MMO. As for your class ideas, that would basically be a rip off of Guild Wars 2.
    I think you are too focused in fps BR, would be completely diferent for wow, as the camera, movement and spell makes it really special. And you say rip off GW2 as if its a bad thing. Shadowlands first area is copy pasta from gw2 with the final boss and all, everyone loved it. And i would love the map events like gw2 as much i would love the mounts with its special abilities