Poll: Ok time to pick a side. French Fries and Ketchup.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    These things are probably unrelated, unless the cook isn't washing their hands after the bathroom.

- - - Updated - - -

There may have been some hidden text in that message.
    Turnabout is fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I haven't had any sort of illness, mild or otherwise, since like 2008. They based super-heroes on my immune system. This statement brought to you by Bullshit. "Bullshit: It's when I make stuff up."
    Last edited by Femininity; 2020-07-06 at 05:09 PM.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Follow-up question:

Do you dip your noodles in sauce?
    You are once again equating apples to oranges.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Drizzle = barbarian.

If I were in the room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and someone who drizzles ketchup on their french fries, and I had a gun with two bullets . . . I'd shoot the drizzler twice.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You are once again equating apples to oranges.
    Never mentioned fruit. Stay on topic please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Drizzle = barbarian.

If I were in the room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and someone who drizzles ketchup on their french fries, and I had a gun with two bullets . . . I'd shoot the drizzler twice.
    Come at me bro. Do you prefer your body armor on you, or on the side?
    Make your own groups!!!

Let's just pretend that eating with a fork isn't more sanitary, and isn't less likely to cause a salty, greasy mess.
    I mean, no one is denying that that it's more sanitary.

But it's no different than "pretending" all fries are a salty greasy mess really, and it's a weird horse to ride on and pretend to be better because of.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't think it's "wildly unsanitary" to eat food with properly-washed hands, this is such a ridiculous exaggeration by all means; but it's still varying levels of unsanitary comparative to using utensils, because microbes stick on skin better than utensils in general, and peoples' hands have the tendency to touch places they should not be touching, all the time.
    I refer to the above statement. It's ridiculous for a reason.

ಠ_ಠ

Or people are more than capable of unwittingly doing random things with their hands after washing them. Touching their faces, touching tables and chairs, scratching their heads, or basically touching anything that isn't food or whatever utensils came with them.
    Like I said, they're probably unrelated to your food poisoning unless the cook isn't washing their hands after the bathroom. Bacteria is on most things, it's only certain bacteria that's bad, and gut bacteria can be awful. The lettuce you eat is orders of magnitude more likely to have harmful bacteria on it than anything in your house/bar (outside of the bathroom). Basically, "bad bacteria" have to be adapted to live inside you. Most bacteria isn't, and dies like a cartoon exposed to the dip in your stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

Come at me bro. Do you prefer your body armor on you, or on the side?
    The juxtaposition of these comments is perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, no one is denying that that it's more sanitary.

But it's no different than "pretending" all fries are a salty greasy mess really, and it's a weird horse to ride on and pretend to be better because of.

ಠ_ಠ
    Again, the exaggeration was intentional. I'm not pretending to be better than anyone. Has having a difference of opinion really been reduced to that sort of pissing contest for you?

It's a joke topic, of course we take it seriously.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, that guy's being dramatic, really.

Like I said, they're probably unrelated to your food poisoning unless the cook isn't washing their hands after the bathroom.
    At the very least, I don't trust my younger self to not touch anything other than food after washing hands; and my present self has using utensils for eating all foods as a firmly-ingrained habit now.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Again, the exaggeration was intentional. I'm not pretending to be better than anyone. Has having a difference of opinion really been reduced to that sort of pissing contest for you?
    Oh, I WILL get angry!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I WILL get angry!
    I'm going to drizzle my tears all over my keyboard.
    Make your own groups!!!

Which reminds me: there are noodles which can be dipped, like cold soba for instance.

Some people drizzle the soba sauce directly on the noodles, but it's also possible to take some of it with chopsticks and dip it in the sauce for more retention(or so I was told by a japanese owner of a restaurant I dined at).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

I think the confusion here is my intentional humorous exaggeration towards you with my mild eyeroll towards the other user that I was previously discussing this with being in the same post.

Which possibly was my bad. But still. Granted I did put a bit of eyeroll into the toilet statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which reminds me: there are noodles which can be dipped, like cold soba for instance.

Some people drizzle the soba sauce directly on the noodles, but it's also possible to take some of it with chopsticks and dip it in the sauce for more retention(or so I was told by a japanese owner of a restaurant I dined at).
    I really like cold soba, dipped or otherwise. I'm a dummy when it comes to manipulating noodles with chopsticks though.

I actually like dipping dumplings, but never by hand.
    Make your own groups!!!

I really like cold soba, dipped or otherwise. I'm a dummy when it comes to manipulating noodles with chopsticks though.
    Cold soba is very slippery and actually takes some dexterity with chopsticks to manipulate. Dexterity which I lack for the record, so I use a fork and spoon to eat cold soba. As is with most foods in general.

I actually like dipping dumplings, but never by hand.
    Some dumplings(like samosas) can somewhat be manipulated by hand, but it really depends yeah? Like I don't think I have ever seen anyone in my whole life using hands to manipulate xiao long bao, which if made properly, has a really thin skin which tends to break if you try to pick it up by hand even if you ignore the fact it's served scalding-hot.

I will concede one thing, and one thing only: Poutine. Otherwise, you'll have to pull my french fries from my cold, dead hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some dumplings(like samosas) can somewhat be manipulated by hand, but it really depends yeah? Like I don't think I have ever seen anyone in my whole life using hands to manipulate xiao long bao, which if made properly, has a really thin skin which tends to break if you try to pick it up by hand even if you ignore the fact it's served scalding-hot.
    I had forgotten about samosas. The last ones I had were really good. Can't remember how I ate them.

I will concede one thing, and one thing only: Poutine. Otherwise, you'll have to pull my french fries from my cold, dead hands.
    I'll be honest: I had a bad experience with some undercooked sausage on top of the last poutine I ate, and it's put me off fries of any type for the last 6 months or so.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know and appreciate that different people like different things, but all this talk of mayo on fries...

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I know and appreciate that different people like different things, but all this talk of mayo on fries...
    It depends on the type of mayo. American mayo...I can't imagine it going on my fries, but Japanese mayo has a more compatible taste profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I'm with you. A spicy BBQ sauce or ketchup. Maybe, if you're feeling extravagant, mashed potatoes and gravy or else poutine.

It depends on the type of mayo. American mayo...I can't imagine it going on my fries, but Japanese mayo has a more compatible taste profile.
    I like American Mayo in the right amount (thin, for the love of god if you bite into a sandwich and mayo squirts on your face, ew) , but would agree that Japanese mayo would be a far better choice for this.

Source - My experience with the kara-age chicken bowl at a local ramen place.