Poll: Ok time to pick a side. French Fries and Ketchup.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't really eat fries, but when I have... plain.

Simply seasoned as they are.

So on the side, so I don't have to eat it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I like American Mayo in the right amount (thin, for the love of god if you bite into a sandwich and mayo squirts on your face, ew) , but would agree that Japanese mayo would be a far better choice for this.

Source - My experience with the kara-age chicken bowl at a local ramen place.
    If you want something akin to Japanese better, there is also Salad Cream.

I like American Mayo in the right amount (thin, for the love of god if you bite into a sandwich and mayo squirts on your face, ew) , but would agree that Japanese mayo would be a far better choice for this.

Source - My experience with the kara-age chicken bowl at a local ramen place.
    If you tried Japanese mayo with karaage, you should try Nanban Chicken(fried chicken with Japanese Tartar sauce) and see which one you like better. They are kind of similar, but there are noticeable differences.

For the record, if I had to choose whether I would put Japanese Mayo or Nanban on fries, I would definitely pick the latter.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If you want something akin to Japanese better, there is also Salad Cream.
    I have admittedly never heard of this condiment before, although I'm also not sure how right this site is in saying it's basically like Miracle whip

https://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophen...rocery-staples

Because that seems wrong.

But either way I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you tried Japanese mayo with karaage, you should try Nanban Chicken(fried chicken with Japanese Tartar sauce) and see which one you like better. They are kind of similar, but there are noticeable differences.

For the record, if I had to choose whether I would put Japanese Mayo or Nanban on fries, I would definitely pick the latter.
    Also will keep an eye out on then.

I'm usually rather repetitive with what I eat, so I end up finding one thing I like and will stick with it so branching out to "similar but still different" is a good way to slowly open up my selections, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I know and appreciate that different people like different things, but all this talk of mayo on fries...

There's always this abomination.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post

You know there's worse, right?

As a famous man once said, "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Yeah, I think that's what @Winter Blossom was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I have admittedly never heard of this condiment before, although I'm also not sure how right this site is in saying it's basically like Miracle whip

https://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophen...rocery-staples

Because that seems wrong.

But either way I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Also will keep an eye out on then.

I'm usually rather repetitive with what I eat, so I end up finding one thing I like and will stick with it so branching out to "similar but still different" is a good way to slowly open up my selections, thanks!
    It is so not like miracle whip...

Omg this site... equating golden syrup to corn syrup... I could not imagine a treacle pudding with corn syrup.

Omg this site... equating golden syrup to corn syrup... I could not imagine a treacle pudding with corn syrup.
    It was the second site to pop up on a search, so I had to share it.

Coz either
    A) it's right
    or
    B) it's hilariously wrong

Either way ends up being worth linking.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the type of mayo. American mayo...I can't imagine it going on my fries, but Japanese mayo has a more compatible taste profile.
    Their spicy mayo is OK when used sparingly to garnish some sushi, but I stay away from any mayo as much as possible, unless it's required for something like potato or tuna salads.

I'm sure I'd gross someone out if I said that I like to dip bacon cheese fries in Ranch.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Well, just like there are plenty of people out there who would say golden syrup is like maple syrup, and I vomit at their claims.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure I'd gross someone out if I said that I like to dip bacon cheese fries in Ranch.
    Just fries, I would consider ranch, but probably not bacon cheese and ranch.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account

<snip>

As a famous man once said, "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
    Mayomust is like, one ingredient shy of honey mustard. Mayocue is like, dark bama-style bbq. Kranch is even more of an abomination than Mayochup.

*shudder*
    Make your own groups!!!

Mayomust is like, one ingredient shy of honey mustard. Mayocue is like, dark bama-style bbq. Kranch is even more of an abomination than Mayochup.

*shudder*
    *raises hand slowly*

I actually like honey mustard on my hotdogs. Don't eat me please. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Their spicy mayo is OK when used sparingly to garnish some sushi, but I stay away from any mayo as much as possible, unless it's required for something like potato or tuna salads.

My husband can't control himself with ranch/bacon/cheese fries. Ranch powder to season the fries, cheese and bacon on top, and drizzles of ranch.

- - - Updated - - -

*raises hand slowly*

I actually like honey mustard on my hotdogs. Don't eat me please. >_<
    The best bratwurst I ever had was dressed with a zesty honey mustard. Who knew?
    Make your own groups!!!

The best bratwurst I ever had was dressed with a zesty honey mustard. Who knew?
    Mustard is just weird with potato imo, but some modest variant of mustard sauce can really go well with processed meats in general.

10+ Year Old Account

To quote another great man:

Fries Fries extra fries on the side. and then.. and then

10+ Year Old Account
    The strangest thing I ever saw someone eat with fries was crystal hot sauce and peanut butter sauce. I can't fathom what it tastes like.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ketchup on the top, Mayo on the side.
    I'm normally not a ketchup guy, but i love mayo on french fries, even more if it is this one:

10+ Year Old Account
    The strangest thing I ever saw someone eat with fries was crystal hot sauce and peanut butter sauce. I can't fathom what it tastes like.
    Peanut butter sauce with chicken or pork satay is awesome, but I can't imagine with fries.

I'm always amazed how the USA is like the fast food place of the world but they gag at the idea of mixing mustard and mayo together to make a mustard mayo ( which is great with roast potatoes or any dressing that requires both mayo and mustard to be used or with really savory meats )

Or they never heard of ketchup and mayo mixed together ( usually with a little drip of whiskey ) to make a Marie Rose sauce which is great in a shrimp salad or with grilled meat. ( usually Marie Rose sauce is with Worcestershire sauce and a squeeze of lemon but its so much better with just mayo,ketchup and a drip of whiskey )

I mean I'm from a small ass country and we easily got over 65 sauces we use for fries or fried food, and in those sauces you find like easily 30-35 different flavor profiles ( some kinda look and taste a bit like others but mostly they are unique )
    I already get sad every time I walk into a BK over here cause they only know mayo and ketchup, and that's both on their burgers as with their fries.