Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
    Oh, I don't believe the progressives and liberals of back then did.

But I do believe some people who claim to be "progressives" and "liberals" today are the same exact type of people who back then casually called everyone they hated as "witches" or any other strawman imaginary evil term.

Stuff like "nazi-adjacent", which doesn't mean anything.
    I mean, Tim Pool, who you cited, literally hangs out with white supremacists and carries water for them. Unless you want to make the argument the Proud Boys aren't white supremacists, I don't know how you can consider Tim Pool anything but "Nazi-adjacent." He's not a "reputable journalist."

It's like saying Bagdhad Bob was a reputable journalist.

Hint: the Nazis were Aryan supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You didn't provide a source so if people pair your opinion to a specific source that is on you.
    No it's not. In the absence of a source (which I provided) you're supposed to take on the argument then.
    Not immediately assume some boogeyman of a journal to ignore every point and pretend "evil".

10+ Year Old Account
    And again, like clockwork.
    Nothing but insults, smears, attacks... no arguments.

"You bad"
    is what your past 10 posts essentially boil to.
    You played that game with him, you could have provided a source and disproven his claims easily. So it is rather hard to claim to be the victim of false accusations when your entire retort hinges on basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, Tim Pool, who you cited, literally hangs out with white supremacists and carries water for them.
    As a journalist it's his job to interview people.
    Yes, even white supremacists.
    That's what actual journalists do: don't judge but interview, it is actually the mark of a truly reputable journalist.

Your priorities are completely skewed and have no idea what a journalist is supposed to be or do.

Hint: they're not supposed to be media activists smearing the side they dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. In the absence of a source (which I provided) you're supposed to take on the argument then.
    Not immediately assume some boogeyman of a journal to ignore every point and pretend "evil".
    I must be blind or tired, but i checked page 3, 4 and 5 and i can't see an actual link or name mentioned?

edit: Oops just noticed Tim Pool, but with all due respect a person with their own news "station", what means a complete lack of professional editing and fact checking through peers is not a reputable source. Might be fun to watch on youtube but those people are generally creators of echo chambers out of monetary reasons or others.

He also left school at 14. Regardless of political affiliation i wouldn't without cross fact checking rely on such a source for information. While his intend might be pure, he seems like an easy influenced figure.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-07-06 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Sweden does have major problems with immigrants because they do not integrate them well.

From 2012 to 2017 they went from 68 to 113 murders
    In the same periode the neighbor Norway went from 30 to 25 murders

They have unsafe areas where parallell societies are allowed to grow.

Methinks a small break in immigration to allow integration to catch up would be a good idea.
    A) Non-integration doesn't inherently lead to problems. Sometimes it does, but there's no correlation between non-integration and violence. Immigrants, in general, have lower crime rates than native populations because they're more fearful of being kicked out, and less likely to believe the police will help them.

B) Immigrants integrate within 2 to 3 generations. My sister and I are immigrants who came to the U.S. in the 80s with our parents. Her kids, who are 5 and 2, will have no idea how to be anything but American. In the case of Muslims fleeing the situations in the Middle East, 1) they are generally 1st generation, and 2) they are fleeing a situation that the West created, and thus bears the responsibility for. At least Germany understands the latter point.

You played that game with him, you could have provided a source and disproven his claims easily.
    I already did, Acidbaron. Seriously follow the conversation to the end before butting in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sorry, repeating what Tim Pool claimed and confessed about himself isn't "insults, smears, attacks".

Just like pointing out you are a bigot for supporting a self-confessed bigot in Tim Pool, isn't "insults, smears, attacks", it's just the only logical conclusion to take from a someone who openly supports bigots and their bigoted narratives.

Maybe you could ask your buddy in Tim Pool to stop "insulting, smearing and attacking" himself, for starters.
    Lol this doesn't even make sense now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    As an immigrant to sweden, largely there's nothing wrong with the integration. There's no "major problems". What happens is that a few select assholes commit a lot of crime and drive the statistics up, which isn't at all representative of immigrants.
    Aha, yes. I've got family in Jonkjøping and visit many summers. Sometimes for Dreamhack. I know how its changed from when I was younger, and I've been chased by immigrant youth calling me a white pig that should be slaughtered.

You have:
    23 "especially dangerous areas"
    6 "at risk areas"
    31 "dangerous areas"

These where called no go zones by some.

That is not "just a few assholes".

You played that game with him, you could have provided a source and disproven his claims easily. So it is rather hard to claim to be the victim of false accusations when your entire retort hinges on basically nothing.
    Plus, didn't he just validate all my accusations of him by admitting he subscribes to Tim Pool? Certainly not "false" by a long shot.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I must be blind or tired, but i checked page 3, 4 and 5 and i can't see an actual link or name mentioned?
    Interesting how my take about journalists explaining how the tactics of extremists work quickly got me attacked and tarned with: alt-right, ranting, dangerous, projectionist, and bigot.
    All without a shred of evidence, of course.
    About the people who documented these movements, the first to come to mind would be Tim Pool, who throughly explained how he met these people firsthand and saw how it worked directly.
    But I'm sure he's a monster too, as is whoever dares to point out the tactics of extremists to people like you.
    You're welcome.

As a journalist it's his job to interview people.
    Yes, even white supremacists.
    That's what actual journalists do: don't judge but interview, it is actually the mark of a truly reputable journalist.

Your priorities are completely skewed and have no idea what a journalist is supposed to be or do.

Hint: they're not supposed to be media activists smearing the side they dislike.
    Except Tim Pool just parrots what they say, and doesn't actually follow the ethical standards for journalists, which include fact-checking and analysis of what they're reporting on. He is not a journalist.

Journalists aren't historical documentarians. Hell, even historical documentarians interpret and draw conclusions from what they document. Journalists role isn't to simply give a microphone and a stage to platform any and everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, didn't he just validate all my accusations of him by admitting he subscribes to Tim Pool? Certainly not "false" by a long shot.
    Just picked that up and commented on it, looking beyond what Pool stands for, a person who creates their own echo chamber should never be listened to exclusively and is not by any standard a reputable journalist. That being said the list of those are rather short anyway.

Lol this doesn't even make sense now
    If someone identifies as a bigot by his own admission, is other people calling him bigot, again as per his own admission, an act of "insult"?

You should be more upset with your buddy Tim Pool for calling himself as such, not with me for respecting his wishes and calling him exactly what he wants to be known as.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome.
    Thanks, noticed it too late and edited in my reply. To repeat regardless what your political believes are never rely on a person such as that exclusively, you risk putting yourself in an echo chamber and ending up less informed than you were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Aha, yes. I've got family in Jonkjøping and visit many summers. Sometimes for Dreamhack. I know how its changed from when I was younger, and I've been chased by immigrant youth calling me a white pig that should be slaughtered.

These where called no go zones by some.

That is not "just a few assholes".
    What is the source for this chart? Because you're literally citing anecdote and an unsourced chart that's based on "feelings of dangerousness" instead of actual statistics to support your racist, anti-immigrant viewpoints.

Hey, after 9/11, I was chased down the street in America too. Some white guys even tried to beat me up and kick me out of a place I had a right to be. I wouldn't actually use that story as an indicator of racism in this country - I have the statistics to back that sentiment up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone identifies as a bigot by his own admission, is other people calling him bigot, again as per his own admission, an act of "insult"?

You should be more upset with your buddy Tim Pool for calling himself as such, not with me for respecting his wishes and calling him exactly what he wants to be known as.
    Got anymore sources on this? It seems he might be a person who goes somewhere in the middle and fits neither fully right or left, although first time i heard of this i tend to stay away from self proclaimed bloggers turn "experts" for good reason.

Could be simply a populist who changes his narrative to whatever earns him the most.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Except Tim Pool just parrots what they say, and doesn't actually follow the ethical standards for journalists, which include fact-checking and analysis of what they're reporting on. He is not a journalist.
    Excuse me, what?
    Anyone who follows even 1/5 of his videos knows that he's a compulsive fact-checker.
    In fact he himself admits of ignoring any news or event that hasn't received a modicum of confirmation by fact-checker sites first.

He was one of the few who didn't jump on the "Covington Kids" bandwagon for example, but rather waited for the facts to come out before commenting on it.
    He routinely calls out unethical journalistic standards in media demonstrating extensive knowledge on the matter, and has traveled in person and interviewed/documented people in very dangerous zones first hand.

What you're claiming is the opposite of reality, and have legit no idea how you could even think something like this.
    The only explanation I can give myself is that you actually never watched a video of his or documented on anything regarding him, bu instead just read parroted lies and smears from third party sources with an interest in defaming him.

Got anymore sources on this? It seems he might be a person who goes somewhere in the middle and fits neither fully right or left, although first time i heard of this i tend to stay away from self proclaimed bloggers turn "experts" for good reason.

Could be simply a populist who changes his narrative to whatever earns him the most.
    I usually raise my eyebrow at rationalwiki's sass, but then again they so kindly linked external sources that are far less emotionally charged for the unblemished quotes.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, what?
    Anyone who follows even 1/5 of his videos knows that he's a compulsive fact-checker.
    In fact he himself admits of ignoring any news or event that hasn't received a modicum of confirmation by fact-checker sites first.

He was one of the few who didn't jump on the "Covington Kids" bandwagon for example, but rather waited for the facts to come out before commenting on it.
    He routinely calls out unethical journalistic standards in media demonstrating extensive knowledge on the matter, and has traveled in person and interviewed/documented people in very dangerous zones first hand.

What you're claiming is the opposite of reality, and have legit no idea how you could even think something like this.
    The only explanation I can give myself is that you actually never watched a video of his or documented on anything regarding him, bu instead just read parroted lies and smears from third party sources with an interest in defaming him.
    Oh fun, now it's the classic "up is down" and "wrong is right" history revisionism.

False.
    He said they're bringing problems, which include drugs, crime and rape.

Having problems <> being bad.

This is all factually correct: if you're going to cross a border illegally chances are high you're gonna have and bring over problems rather than constructive, positive gains.
    Otherwise you wouldn't be crossing illegally.
    "when Mexico sends its people they're not sending they're best.general statement about people Mexico sends to america They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with themstatement that says in general the people Mexico sends falls into this category. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, and rapists, and some i assume are good people" says some, aka a minority are good people
    Reading isn't your forte is it?

Got anymore sources on this?
    Don't bother, he won't have none.

PosPosPos is nothing but insults to avoid the arguments. Literally empty inside.