Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They haven't done anything with the Mag'har at all, so expecting them to resolve this is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Daelin was racist. Yet there are plenty who absolutely call him hero (don't need to play too far into the Alliance campaign in BFA to hear folks, hell they wrote a whole song about how he was great and his daughter was a traitor. The latter points get resolved, but they still loved Daelin)

Garrosh was racist, he legitimately felt Orcs were a superior race.

Sylvanas is not racist, she's insane and wants everyone dead. Unless "Alive" is a race now.

Yrel is not racist. if she was she would not be accepting "lesser races" into the order and cleansing the land of them instead. She's a religious zealot, a fanatic, on par with the Inquisition, but not racist.
    Yeah and when you play deeper into the Alliance campaign you see that even Katherine herself realizes how wrong her Husband was after she sees the truth from Jaina's eyes.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah and when you play deeper into the Alliance campaign you see that even Katherine herself realizes how wrong her Husband was after she sees the truth from Jaina's eyes.
    That's what I mean when referring to the latter points being resolved; by the completion of the campaign. The commons however? Just because the leaders change their minds says nothing of the normal folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They don't see that big of a difference, and the LF Draneai do also have the idea of "forceful" conversion, though they don't practice it, much at least.

Either way, none of the sides go out of their way to hunt the other, so its racism without the whole acting on it.
    The Lightforged haven't acted on it YET. But with the Lightbound, it wasn't immediate. It took a bit for the Naaru to turn Yrel and the others into genocidal zealots. And I honestly think that makes the LF draenei a possible threat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    And I honestly think that makes the LF draenei a possible threat as well.
    Not really since they have biggest plot armor of them all - being playable. By making them playable, LF draenei will be spared from being used as raid fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Not really since they have biggest plot armor of them all - being playable. By making them playable, LF draenei will be spared from being used as raid fodder.
    Laughs in Siege of Orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    "When Will The Alt Mag'har Realize That Lightforged And Lightbound Are Not The Same?"
    When they stop being orcs. So, never. Orcs are a primitive, simple people.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Laughs in Siege of Orgrimmar
    Thats where the second plot armor comes in, being part of team blue. You wont see any splinter faction of Alliance become a raid fodder.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lightforged haven't acted on it YET. But with the Lightbound, it wasn't immediate. It took a bit for the Naaru to turn Yrel and the others into genocidal zealots. And I honestly think that makes the LF draenei a possible threat as well.
    Well... yeah, but the Naaru that pushed the LB to do that is not with the LF, and the head of the LF is Turalyon (for the moment), and in general, going against someone for a "possible threat" is not a great excuse, but i do understand the problem with the LF, still i think their main problem will start within the Alliance and not with the Horde. (Mostly cause Void Elves are a thing)

- - - Updated - - -

Thats where the second plot armor comes in, being part of team blue. You wont see any splinter faction of Alliance become a raid fodder.
    This is true in a way, Blizzard evade doing anything with the conflict within the Alliance and love any conflict within the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Sorry to learn you haven't been paying attention to Blizzard's messaging. Whenever an Alliance character is racist, it is held up as a horrible villain. Horde can merrily be racist as they like and not a peep is made.

- Garithos. Blood Elves (and their fans) lump all humans as just like him, and use it to excuse betraying their former allies by joining the Horde.

- Arthas. Again, Blood Elves (and fans) wail that a human led the attack on them, so all humans are bad, never acknowledging mind controlled death knight.

- Daelin. Instead of "he's acting rationally, pursuing the orcs in case they're trying to gain strength to resume the Old Horde's work", he's tarred as an irredeemable racist villain, refusing to understand the orcs are now different. (Honest we are! Please ignore our violent escape and everyone killed during it!)

In those cases, the Horde are racist in "all humans!" Horde characters routinely refer to entire races in the Alliance in negative terms. Not a peep against it.
    One, you can't betray your former ally as there no longer exists an obligation of loyalty between you. Secondly, the much more direct motivation from Blood Elves joining the Horde was Alliance using the negotiation of Quel'Thalas rejoining the Alliance as a pretext to be invading dicks to them. Thirdly, it wasn't just Garithos by a long shot. Do you need another reminder who hosted the planned execution of Kael'Thas and his military? Fourthly, where exactly are those Blood Elves in lore that lump all humans together? Fifthly, Daelin was an irredeemable racist that hated the Orcs and wasn't acting simply out of the imaginary concern of Orcs resuming the Old Horde's work you pulled out of the Nether here. And he isn't used for "all humans" rhetoric in the lore either.

Meanwhile the Alliance repeatedly attacks Goblins even if they belong to neutral cartels just because Goblins and it's never commented by anyone in lore. Rogers massacring defenseless shipwrecks just because they're Horde also went without any character batting an eye. So on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    In terms of Aesthetics, I think the Light and Void do a much better job at showing "corruption" and it's relation to increased power. When infused the lightforged become lighter and brighter, the Void elves grow darker and shadowy, but undead for some reason become more life-like? Death Knights and Dark rangers are considered greater undead but they look more alive than standard zombies. Being a greater undead should transform you into a skeletal version of yourself, like Liches or Necrolords.
    Technically, being a Death Knight does have some corrupting aspects. It creates a literal need to cause suffering to innocents. Then again that hasn't been even mentioned in more than a decade, so at this point Death Knights are essentially "the living, but with glowing blue eyes".

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Basically DKs and Forsaken should be it's own faction.
    Agreed. I was really surprised in Cata to see Val'kyr out of all things becoming Forsaken's biggest new addition of undead that broke free after Arthas' death. The Forsaken developing stronger ties with (now rather aimless) Ebon Blade (or even other Death Knights) seemed much more plausible. Obviously San'layn also were also a logical choice given their connection to Sylvanas extending back to when they were alive.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-07-06 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Basically, I hope this plot point is resolved soon. The Lightforged are not the same as the Lightbound. The Lightforged, while angry at Illidan, realized he had truth to his words. Meanwhile, the Lightbound would have killed him, along with Velen for being horrified at what Xera tried to do.
    Not the same yet

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    "When Will The Alt Mag'har Realize That Lightforged And Lightbound Are Not The Same?"
    When they stop being orcs. So, never. Orcs are a primitive, simple people.
    Of course, the ol' casual racism.

Yeah that makes absolutely no sense considering the majority of villains we've fought were playable races. Orcs, Forsaken, Zandalari trolls....

3+ Year Old Account
    they both pride themselves as "army of the Light"; so never
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... yeah, but the Naaru that pushed the LB to do that is not with the LF, and the head of the LF is Turalyon (for the moment), and in general, going against someone for a "possible threat" is not a great excuse, but i do understand the problem with the LF, still i think their main problem will start within the Alliance and not with the Horde. (Mostly cause Void Elves are a thing)

- - - Updated - - -

This is true in a way, Blizzard evade doing anything with the conflict within the Alliance and love any conflict within the Horde.
    Turalyon literally thinks that all orcs need to be eradicated on the simple grounds that they are orcs. Void elves and Lightforged draenei are honestly the most dangerous races in existence right now, imo.

Turalyon literally thinks that all orcs need to be eradicated on the simple grounds that they are orcs. Void elves and Lightforged draenei are honestly the most dangerous races in existence right now, imo.
    Call me when Lightforge Draenei or Void Elfs commit a genocide and get away with it because “muh Exarch” or “muh Chairman Umbric”. Then we talk. Horde are like n... you know what i mean. Always quick to shout “raaaacist” but only use that to remain violent delinquents and worthless criminals and beggars who have no respect for labor or others.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-06 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Call me when Lightforge Draenei or Void Elfs commit a genocide and get away with it because “muh Exarch” or “muh Chairman Umbric”. Then we talk. Horde are like n... you know what i mean. Always quick to shout “raaaacist” but only use that to remain violent delinquents and worthless criminals and beggars who have no value for labor or others.
    Wow....there is a lot to unpack here. I'll simply say, the void elves have already started with their incredibly vile behavior by using a form of Void necromancy in Zandalar. As for the Lightforged, they are literally one Naaru away from telling them to "cleanse those who reject the Light" and going full Lightbound psychos. As for everything else in your reply, I'm not even going to bother addressing it because it's sickening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... he does have a bias against orcs, and IMHO it makes sense, having in mind how and when he left the world, but he have not gotten far enough to wanting to eradicate all orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Call me when Lightforge Draenei or Void Elfs commit a genocide and get away with it because “muh Exarch” or “muh Chairman Umbric”. Then we talk. Horde are like n... you know what i mean. Always quick to shout “raaaacist” but only use that to remain violent delinquents and worthless criminals and beggars who have no value for labor or others.
    evade comparison between RL and game stuff, even more when it is not even called for.

Wow....there is a lot to unpack here. I'll simply say, the void elves have already started with their incredibly vile behavior by using a form of Void necromancy in Zandalar. As for the Lightforged, they are literally one Naaru away from telling them to "cleanse those who reject the Light" and going full Lightbound psychos. As for everything else in your reply, I'm not even going to bother addressing it because it's sickening.
    Animal necromancy is not evil since animals dont have mental capacity to realise that is “taken away” by necormancer. If anything those void-raptors are even less vile then Scourge animals since they are just puppets, not actual slaved beasts. And again - call me when they do a genocide and all that and then get away. Then we talk.
    Also you lose a right ti say “sickening” when you support shit Horde does. You do yours and all but no more “oh man thats vile” for you. You and “vile” are best buddies now. Okay?

Animal necromancy is not evil since animals dont have mental capacity to realise that is “taken away” by necormancer. If anything those void-raptors are even less vile then Scourge animals since they are just puppets, not actual slaved beasts. And again - call me when they do a genocide and all that and then get away. Then we talk.
    Also you lose a right ti say “sickening” when you support shit Horde does. You do yours and all but no more “oh man thats vile” for you. You and “vile” are best buddies now. Okay?
    Necromancy is necromancy. It doesn't matter what living thing it is committed against. There's a reason it's banned and made illegal by the Kirin Tor.

As for committing a genocide, there is no single person or race that "got away" with committing genocide. The felblood orcs did it and got their asses whooped. Sylvanas tried it and got thrown the fuck out of the Horde. Garithos tried it and got imprisoned then executed. The Scarlet Crusade tried it and got dismantled. The Lich King tried it and got merc'd. The Legion tried it and got dismantled. Nobody has "gotten away" with genocide.

I haven't supported a single thing the Horde has done. Nothing in my posts has me saying "the Horde was totally justified in doing that". The only things I've talked about is the vile shit the ALLIANCE gets away with. I know the Horde has done some fucked up shit. I'm just sick of the Alliance getting away with fucked up shit. So why don't you read my posts and try to be a bit more accurate with your comments next time, please. Because all you're doing is putting words in my mouth.