Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll never understand the appeal of Belluar. His videos are often beyond boring, and frankly I've found a lot of them uninformative on whatever topic they're supposedly about. But honestly, the thing that gets me the most about him is how he incorrectly uses plural verbs for singular entities, and he says "Blizzard have done X," way too often in his videos for it not to be an earsore, even if his videos were good. I guess it might be a UK thing/schooling, but dear god it is way more annoying than it should be for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They're absolutely Blizzard shills. They're a bit like Bay from FinalBoss in that they defend anything Blizzard does even when all feedback and historical examples of similar things clearly show Blizzard are being idiots. The difference is that Bay at least eventually comes around(way too late, but before Blizzard at least) while T&E don't.

- - - Updated - - -

So yes they're Blizzard shills. The way you make WoW succeed isn't by being yes men, you have to actually be critical when Blizzard does dumb shit. And Blizzard does a lot of dumb shit which T&E defend. My most recent interaction with T&E was them directly blaming players for the state of BfA, which is very clearly bullshit to anybody who's actually paying attention. They then claimed never to have blamed players a few tweets later.

OT: Probably Fatboss, but they produce next to no content. After them it's probably Preach or Bay, but Bay got cancelled.
    Wanting something to succeed /= Shills

Praising something blindly no matter how bad it is = Shills

T&E offers praise where praise is due and they criticize when criticism is due...shills don't criticize, all they do is praise, praise, and praise some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I have noticed Asmon is making a strong attempt to change his branding. What pushed him to do it?
    People knew he had one of the most toxic communities. From my understanding is he understands how his influence works, and I believe he wants to change that. No one like Trolls. He can't even stand them.

Others may have other opinions, but these are just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Felmourn; 2020-07-07 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Didn't mean the "S" word in a derogative term, changed to trolls.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Wanting something to succeed /= Shills

Praising something blindly no matter how bad it is = Shills

T&E offers praise where praise is due and they criticize when criticism is due...shills don't criticize, all they do is praise, praise, and praise some more.
    T&E's criticism is false criticism. They do it once in a blue moon so they can say "See! We're not shills! We pointed out something negative!" then go back to worshipping Blizzard right after.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    "Constructive" is the word you are looking for.

Most people think "omg you fkin suck get gud" is constructive criticism these days, so of course anything less than that sort of vitriol will come across as a ''shill'' so such closed-minded folk.
    No. Constructive criticism is pointing out how something is flawed then talking about how it can be fixed. Taliesin just says something mild about a flawed portion of the game, barely expounds on it, then just....moves on. It comes off as the type of criticism that is false and is used as proof that they are somehow not shills.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    By your own admission they talk about flawed portions of the game and expound upon it before moving on. Somehow that makes them a shill? It more sounds like you trying to hold on to a narrative.
    It's almost like you didn't read my entire comment. I said they point something out that they claim is a "flaw", don't go into much detail, then move on. They're much like Rotten Tomatoes in that way. They will often give incredibly shitty movies great scores simply because they were paid to do so. Just look at critic score compared to audience score for The Last Jedi. T&A get that good good Blizzard money, get invited to special events, attend Blizzcon for free, and host interviews at Blizzcon that gives them recognition. They're the epitome of shills.

Hazelnutty and Preach are really good. Hazel is so suscint and records quick videos while Preach goes into deeper detais about systems and classes.

Bellular, Soul and T&E have their moments. I like how Bell and T&E talk about lore, but WoW lore has really sucked since Legion transitioned into bfa so I cant really share their apparent excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Preach is the only wow 'youtuber' worth watching in the generalist sense. He could outplay all the other ones put together.

T&E are unironic shills and Belluar is just clickbait and reddit's opinions repackaged.

When you're interested in high-level gameplay or design direction of a specific class or spec there are a lot of smaller more focused creators (who are primarily streamers) that don't get the exposure of the big boys.
    Pretty much this 100% for me. There's some streamers I enjoy as well, but in terms of just YouTubers, Preach for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    People knew he had one of the most toxic communities. From my understanding is he understands how his influence works, and I believe he wants to change that. No one like spergs. He can't even stand them.

Others may have other opinions, but these are just my thoughts.
    That makes sense. Like I said, I noticed a distinctly different vibe in videos featuring clips from his stream lately. Nice to see him making an honest effort at change, whatever his underlying logic may be. Maybe, and I'm just extrapolating from what I know about his channel and community, with Classic out he's trying to cultivate a more positive atmosphere because he's having fun again, in addition to knowing what an issue his community can be, especially with all the houses of cards tumbling in the streamer community lately.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. Constructive criticism is pointing out how something is flawed then talking about how it can be fixed. Taliesin just says something mild about a flawed portion of the game, barely expounds on it, then just....moves on. It comes off as the type of criticism that is false and is used as proof that they are somehow not shills.
    Except they've gone into detail plenty in the past, they aren't Devs though...they don't have all the answers. It sounds like you expect them to just hate on the game or straight up fix the game and if they don't you see them as shills. Shills don't criticize what they love...they blindly love it...they do nothing but love on it, they attack anyone who even has the least bit criticism on what they're shilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Except they've gone into detail plenty in the past, they aren't Devs though...they don't have all the answers. It sounds like you expect them to just hate on the game or straight up fix the game and if they don't you see them as shills. Shills don't criticize what they love...they blindly love it...they do nothing but love on it, they attack anyone who even has the least bit criticism on what they're shilling.
    I expect them to point out a flaw then go into a breakdown how it can be fixed but T&A never do. they mention a flaw vaguely then move on after talking about it a bit. It's why I stopped watching their videos. Their "criticism" started sounding like Blizzard scripting to me.

And Taliesin has absolutely attacked people in his livestreams if they criticize Blizzard. We just don't get those VODs on their youtube channel for a reason.

Best WoW Youtuber ever is Hayven Games, R.I.P.

I like watching Hazel, especially since I only play rather casually these days.

My favorites are MadSeason and WillE. Both skew more towards Vanilla/Classic though (especially WillE).

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Praising a system as great decision after it is added and then when that system is removed, praise the removal as best decision is not being overly positive. it is being a complete lunatic. Their videos are filled with back flipping.

As for blaming the players from time to time, they are right about many of those cases. Players unnecessarily create controversy out of nothing over many simple things, why shouldn't they be called out for that?
    I always saw it less as "this is the best decision, no wait this contradictory thing is" and more of "this is why this decision COULD be good" applied to both the addition and removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gensui View Post
    WillE. Both skew more towards Vanilla/Classic though (especially WillE).
    I like the "How good was X actually" series, I wished more pseudo-nostalgia posters watched it before waxing philosophical about a game they never played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I always saw it less as "this is the best decision, no wait this contradictory thing is" and more of "this is why this decision COULD be good" applied to both the addition and removal.
    Then you are as delusional as them.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensui View Post
    I like watching Hazel, especially since I only play rather casually these days.

My favorites are MadSeason and WillE. Both skew more towards Vanilla/Classic though (especially WillE).
    MadSeason is a blast. I really enjoy his Quest Log series.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If I had to name one I'd say Preach. People love to hate him, but I tend to agree with him on a lot of issues, especially in the current Alpha testing.

However I also watch Hazel, T&E, Bellular, Soul, Kelani, Madskills and probably a few others.

I'm one of those Youtube viewers who watches everyone but subscribes to no one. I'll just put Youtube onto my second monitor, see what's on my recommended list and go through a few videos while doing the daily chores.

If I actively search for Alpha info on my Class etc, then it's usually Preach.

Hazel has a lot of good content, and I've watched plenty of her clips, but as someone who isn't into Pet Battles or the AH, not all of her content is relevant to me.

Recently, I've actually come across Kraken Latte. Most her content isn't "new" to me, as I primarily farm old content for gold myself, but I still enjoy the videos and the dancing Panda's at the end crack me up everytime.

Top Tier - T&E, Preach, Bel, Asmon

Others would be Soul, Kelani, Nobble, Pyromancer, Hazel

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you're looking for pure entertainment, I suggest watching Kaif - used to play WoW but has moved on to other games now