Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    https://twitter.com/Zorbrix/status/1280207805811527680

Whelp...since this is Zorbrix...maybe we get beta this week with the announcement?
    That's interesting but doesn't necessarily mean beta.

But given the stream then yeah, it probably is.

The old stream was dated June 9th, i think thats why people are confusing it, and sometimes if u just google it it still links u to the june 9th version and people just read the word June into July

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    That's interesting but doesn't necessarily mean beta.

But given the stream then yeah, it probably is.
    It mostly means Beep-Bip.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It mostly means Beep-Bip.
    It means something might probably be possibly be maybe happening, possibly.

Or it could just be about the stream itself.

I don't think we should go to Beta before they launch last dungeon and Maw, but they may do it for marketing reasons. I heard something big is going to happen from two different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't think we should go to Beta before they launch last dungeon and Maw, but they may do it for marketing reasons. I heard something big is going to happen from two different sources.
    True, but at this point, they could release all lvl 60 events with beta. So, the Maw, covenants, soulbinds, all of it with beta release.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    True, but at this point, they could release all lvl 60 events with beta. So, the Maw, covenants, soulbinds, all of it with beta release.
    I know, I just think whole content should be tested in smaller targeted Alpha audience. Beta crowd is better for catching bugs and stress test.

At least this time they got feedback for Alpha about key stuff - classes, Torghast, covenant abilities. During BfA it was tragicomic when they tried to implement huge class changes on last 1-2 months of Beta.

Alpha is just for bootlickers and streamers with more then 50 viewers anyway, I doubt you really get way more quality feedback from a small Alpha pool then from a regular sized Beta pool, after all Alpha people are also in the Beta.

And the issues that BFA has had on launch had nothing to do with the fact that it was a Beta or that they implemented changes during a Beta instead of during the Alpha, it was because they slapped on stuff at the end of Beta and there was no time for feedback.

If Shadowlands goes into Beta by let's say next week then feedback can still solve issues whether its Alpha or Beta labeled, as long as they don't stuff a new feature into Shadowlands during the last 4 weeks before release and have that in the game on launch with no feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Alpha is just for bootlickers and streamers with more then 50 viewers anyway, I doubt you really get way more quality feedback from a small Alpha pool then from a regular sized Beta pool, after all Alpha people are also in the Beta.

And the issues that BFA has had on launch had nothing to do with the fact that it was a Beta or that they implemented changes during a Beta instead of during the Alpha, it was because they slapped on stuff at the end of Beta and there was no time for feedback.

If Shadowlands goes into Beta by let's say next week then feedback can still solve issues whether its Alpha or Beta labeled, as long as they don't stuff a new feature into Shadowlands during the last 4 weeks before release and have that in the game on launch with no feedback.
    Right now, the "big features" are NYI (soulbinds and legendaries), so our feedback are not very helpful

We're probably going to get a lot of Soulbind, Covenant, and Legendary updates in the stream, a Beta announcement and probable release (?), some extra lore shit, and MAYBE more info on the 9.0 baseline raids?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1280238124573044736 MrGM isn't playing around...

Also, poor Distributor.

Any book spoilers...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Any book spoilers...?
    A spicy and intimate scene between Nathanos and Andiun. To hot to post

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    well considering last weeks alpha patch was 9gigs and there certainly wasnt 9 gigs worth of things implemented on the alpha last week, id say theres probably a lot of stuff that can be unlocked on the alpha this week, probably right after the livestream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It wasn't that long ago that you had plenty of people advocating for all zones to be truly dark.
    it wsnt long ago that people said that MoP was a terrible xpac, time changes everything it seems.

Have more invites gone out or no? No one in my guild has gotten one.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Classes are better than they are now.

And lets not act like playing the game is painful or something.

Like i wish dps monk had more variety in gsmeplay changed by talents. But that just means i wont have a second dps monk because they will play the same. It doesnt mean i hate dps monk

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to torghast, yea u have to account for the fact ppl will be doing 1 or 2 runs a week on average, only after leveling and be doing dungeons raids pvp and quests in the maw.

Visually...i mean i knew the exact layout of drustvar 8 months ago. Ive done each dungeon in each expansion a hundred plus times. Thats part of an mmo , a new zone is a big deal a new dungeon is a big deal.

Like remember when the game was "good" and ppl would just raid old towns or run ppl through dungeons cus there was nothing to do but the same 4 dungeons and 3 10 player raids.

The fun is in interacting with the stuff the first time, then perfecting it and then u make your own fun. U playa new character or do the other faction or try a new content type or just go play something else.

I dont want to hear "this new feature seems repetative" when thats...like the genre of the game
    Yeah, nothing stays fresh forever. There's a reason we move forward in raid tiers or that Blizzard introduced an affix rotation + seasonal affixes in M+, it's the nature of the beast, you'll get tired of even the very best games and features at some point or another.

Now, some features did become too repetitive (Islands and Warfronts are guilty of this) but Thorgast's more varied challenges and random player powers look like they will alleviate this at least to some degree. They should provide a cool break alongside the usual raids, dungeons, and endgame questing assuming Covenant campaigns last a decent amount of time and are expanded on in patches which seem likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wonder what they'll announce, clearly a beta release and an official release date is not rly big info, that's info they could've just dropped on their Twitter instead of dedicating a stream to it.
    So I hope there's content they have not shown us yet, kinda like how FF14 does expansion info drops in 3 events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wonder what they'll announce, clearly a beta release and an official release date is not rly big info, that's info they could've just dropped on their Twitter instead of dedicating a stream to it.
    So I hope there's content they have not shown us yet, kinda like how FF14 does expansion info drops in 3 events.
    Soulbinds, covenant quests, maw quests, are really whats left I think. They might explain those plus the changes to professions or other systems we know about. I would be surprised if they had something new. Though it does seem kind of weird to have a video just for quests and professions. Here is hoping that I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, nothing stays fresh forever. There's a reason we move forward in raid tiers or that Blizzard introduced an affix rotation + seasonal affixes in M+, it's the nature of the beast, you'll get tired of even the very best games and features at some point or another.

Now, some features did become too repetitive (Islands and Warfronts are guilty of this) but Thorgast's more varied challenges and random player powers look like they will alleviate this at least to some degree. They should provide a cool break alongside the usual raids, dungeons, and endgame questing assuming Covenant campaigns last a decent amount of time and are expanded on in patches which seem likely.
    IIRC, they also want to do changing events in Torghast, with some of the Anima powers switching over time. So even that is more static right now than it is intended to be.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-07-06 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Any book spoilers...?
    We are already seeing some people receiving their books, kinda odd we haven't seen more spoilers cropping up!

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You can say that release dates are not really big info, but they have been announced on a stream of some type for the last while, so probably one of the biggest things people are looking for besides beta release.