Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch a lot of WoW content on Youtube, but for twitch streams I am a huge fan of Pikaboo

I rarely watch WoW youtubers, TBH, but if/when I do - I watch hazel for guides, Nobbel for lore overviews and T&E for occasional amusing commentary. as a dirty casual, they pretty much cover all the bases i'm interested in at the level of depth i care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I actually used to like T&E's content until I stumbled on one of his streams and by Christ it was like watching a completely different person, as in, the person he actually is and not the scripted video content guy. The guy is so patronising and condescending, is very hypocritical and has zero self-awareness.

Stopped watching them completely after that.

My favourites would be Bellular (not sure why he gets so much stick?), Asmongold, Reckful was up there but you know I actually also realyl enjoy watching Xaryu, I know it's PvP-orientated but he's a really positive guy who strangely comes out with a lot of motivational shit.
    Ya I mean I don't wanna be a hateful person. But he reminds me of every abusive douche I've ever seen. Im not saying he is. But man hes so off putting on stream. I feel bad because the lady seems nice. I just can't watch his videos. (Talisin and E)

Pretty much all the WoW youtubers are fucking grandmas. Good players with tolerable personalities just play the game.

I love Taliesin & Evitel, as well as Nobble but I have never seen Hazelnutty :O I'ma have to go check her out!
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2020-07-07 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    That makes sense. Like I said, I noticed a distinctly different vibe in videos featuring clips from his stream lately. Nice to see him making an honest effort at change, whatever his underlying logic may be. Maybe, and I'm just extrapolating from what I know about his channel and community, with Classic out he's trying to cultivate a more positive atmosphere because he's having fun again, in addition to knowing what an issue his community can be, especially with all the houses of cards tumbling in the streamer community lately.
    Yeah, I can appreciate the effort being put forth. I think my opinion changed when I saw his Hazel reacts to Asmon reaction video.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Preach is the only wow 'youtuber' worth watching in the generalist sense. He could outplay all the other ones put together.

T&E are unironic shills and Belluar is just clickbait and reddit's opinions repackaged.

When you're interested in high-level gameplay or design direction of a specific class or spec there are a lot of smaller more focused creators (who are primarily streamers) that don't get the exposure of the big boys.
    LO(L Presach is no different than any of those others you mention. Talk about clickbait and opinions repackaged.

Depends for me, For WoW stuff the following.

Guides:
    Limit
    Murdoc (If you tank and branch into Mythic check him out, very detailed tank POV for you with clear explanations of everything. Also good if you raid lead!)

Super casual stuff:
    Hazel (pet battles, collecting stuff mostly)

News:
    Preach
    Bellular (Becoming click bait now, but i wish the guy well and continue to watch)
    T&E (Sometimes that smile seems fake and the content can come across as "shill like" i must admit, but they are entertaining to watch and i am well aware they are not shills and just megafans. I'm sure if i ever them them they would hate my smile also!)

Lore/Story:
    Nobbel87

Exploration:
    Hidden Azeroth

Streamers:
    KrackzyTV (cool guy, have to shout him out)
    Asmongold
    Preach
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-07-07 at 01:53 AM.

I enjoy different youtubers for different reasons. I tend to enjoy Bellular the most, but I enjoy Asmon's xmog competitions and Nixxiom's game reviews.

T&E I can't stand for the most part, but their lore speculation videos are normally entertaining. They come across as Blizzard shills though, and can sometimes Alliance fanboi too hard for my liking. I prefer more neutral content creators, who are less biased toward either faction and who try not to toot blizzards horn so much
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

I dont always agree with em but Soul does a nice job. I like Hazel for general info related to Wow and Preach for those in depth look at things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    they are just shills and will say whatever blizzards wants them to say
    While I hesitate to accuse anyone of that, I really do believe that it's important to understand just how much they're under the thumb of Blizzard. Whether that's die to choice oit of extreme hero worship, or because they're being paid directly, I don't know. I just think that the bias is VERY obvious in their case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I dont always agree with em but Soul does a nice job. I like Hazel for general info related to Wow and Preach for those in depth look at things.
    I find myself watching those three and Belular. I also occationally watch Asmongold, although you REALLY have to filter him for when he's being serious vs putting on the act to entertain.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if he's been mentioned in this thread yet but Hayven Games still takes the top spot for my favorite WoW content creator. Before he passed his videos explored the mysteries, cut and hidden content of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    While I hesitate to accuse anyone of that, I really do believe that it's important to understand just how much they're under the thumb of Blizzard. Whether that's die to choice oit of extreme hero worship, or because they're being paid directly, I don't know. I just think that the bias is VERY obvious in their case.

- - - Updated - - -

I find myself watching those three and Belular. I also occationally watch Asmongold, although you REALLY have to filter him for when he's being serious vs putting on the act to entertain.
    I havent watched Bellu in ages, always felt like he was reading others take on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Not sure if he's been mentioned in this thread yet but Hayven Games still takes the top spot for my favorite WoW content creator. Before he passed his videos explored the mysteries, cut and hidden content of the game.
    Shit, Hayven was great. Dude's videos were informative and thorough.

Also like to add KrimsonKB to the list of dudes to check out. He does more than just WoW (his other big thing is FFXIV, and he also does a lot of retro gaming), but the guy's got an infectious enthusiasm for whatever he's into at the time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Stop wanting everyone to be lovey lovey and embrace the fact that there are differing opinions instead..

Different opinions, sure. But all the irrational hatred borders on clinical.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I havent watched Bellu in ages, always felt like he was reading others take on the game.
    Yes and no. He does say a lot of the same things as every other WoW youtuber. But I think that's because all the wow youtubers are saying the same thing. Bellular just boils it down and plays it straight. I feel that he's much more objective than someone like Taliesin and Evitel. Mostly because Bel has his own business and also has a general gaming channel, both of which are completely separate from WoW. So he isn't under the thumb of Blizzard like many other WoW-only reporters.

But at the same time, this is why I take in my news about the game from several sources, so I can balance it out and filter a more accurate report.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't really think I have a favourite Youtuber anymore. So much content just feels stale at this point.

I kind of enjoy Rimmy doing in character 40k Arma 3 missions with the Fustercluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    they have no purpose for me.
    This is my stance. But whatever, I guess its just how some people are. Some can think more for themselves while others prefer to watch others play games and think for them. I look at it as just another personality type.

my favourite was Hayven Games I loved seeing behind all the smoke and mirrors of how they make dungeons and raids

Don't have one. I can't be assed to sit and watch someone regularly. I do see videos from time to time. I don't know who they are. Much like responding to people here. I don't remember who anyone is most of the time.