Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

The United States is 'looking at' banning TikTok and other Chinese social media apps

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/tech/...ban/index.html

Please let this happen. This is one thing in this administration I could get behind.

...lol

I'd be interested in hearing exactly what sort of NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT this app poses. Seems to me that at worst, you'll have people using it to spread dis/misinformation...like literally every other social media platform.

Leave those kids alone!

India already did this. Tik Tok is nothing bbut Spyware and i'd be surprised if this wasn't covered by legislation already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this due to people on tiktok embarrassing trump on several occasions? Especially the K-pop crowd.

If you want to ban any social media for being dangerous to your nation, facebook should be way above any on that list. Considering you also need to get out of your way to block all the tentacles facebook has on the web.

That den of attention-whoring teenagers, pedophiles, and Chinese intelligence gathering should have been banned a long time ago.

Curious that Vine disappeared for TikTok to replace it that did the exact same thing... why did Vine shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Curious that Vine disappeared for TikTok to replace it that did the exact same thing... why did Vine shut down?
    Because nothing would ever be better than Will Sasso's lemon vines so they just shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That den of attention-whoring teenagers, pedophiles, and Chinese intelligence gathering should have been banned a long time ago.
    Now, if only your standards actually apply to you and your ilk.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Now, if only your standards actually apply to you and your ilk.
    And what "ilk" is that, praytell?

And what "ilk" is that, praytell?
    All you literally have to do is to remove the word "Chinese" from that sentence of yours and it fits your ilk to a T.

Party of psychological projections really living up to its reputation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

All you literally have to do is to remove the word "Chinese" from that sentence of yours and it fits your ilk to a T.

Party of psychological projections really living up to its name.
    I'm not American, so who is my "ilk"?

I'm not American, so who is my "ilk"?
    Notice how I didn't mention America for a reason and you just fell in head-over-heels anyway.

Notice how I didn't mention America for a reason and you just fell in head-over-heels anyway.
    Party of psychological projections really living up to its reputation.
    I'm referring to your near-erotic obsession with Republicans.

Hey, it's ok if you're too much of a coward to say what my "ilk" is. I understand.

Keep living up to that name!

Last I heard, India banned it due to security concerns. I hope my own country follows suit if those concerns have merit. I'm a little suspicious of how it came out of nowhere and suddenly exploded in popularity.

I'm referring to your near-erotic obsession with Republicans.
    I think it speaks way more about you when I didn't even mention Republican or put a nation's label anywhere, nor intended to. I love the way you immediately assumed I was accusing you of being Republican. Hint: The group I am thinking of starts with letter F. Could start with N too.

Hey, it's ok if you're too much of a coward to say what my "ilk" is. I understand.
    And "coward" certainly speaks way more about you when you refuse to own up to the ideological group you subscribe to.

Keep living up to that name!
    Indeed, party of psychological projections.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Last I heard, India banned it due to security concerns. I hope my own country follows suit if those concerns have merit. I'm a little suspicious of how it came out of nowhere and suddenly exploded in popularity.
    Tiktok is just a data collection tool for China.

https://www.inputmag.com/tech/reddit...lection-scheme

Nothing lost if it gets banned. And that's not even going into it's use by pedophiles and the like.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it speaks way more about you when I didn't even mention Republican or put a nation's label anywhere, nor intended to. I love the way you immediately assumed I was accusing you of being Republican. Hint: The group I am thinking of starts with letter F. Could start with N too.

And "coward" certainly speaks way more about you when you refuse to own up to the ideological group you subscribe to.

Indeed, party of psychological projections.
    F or N? Do you have the spine to say it? Let alone any evidence for it?

Your schtick of calling everyone who disagrees with you names is so 2016.

So man up and say what you mean, or just keep doing you and being a simpering coward, either way no skin off my back, PoS

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2020-07-08 at 06:02 AM.

So man up and say what you mean, or just keep doing you and being a simpering coward, either way no skin off my back
    I love how you immediately assumed I was accusing you of Republican, and I think it's not surprising, considering Republicans are just the American version of the ideology you subscribe to.

I also love how you keep projecting your own personal flaws on me, but there's at least one projection in there I do agree with: no skin off my back that you refuse to take responsibility for your own ideology. It's basically a hard requirement for your ilk, now.

F or N? Do you have the spine to say it? Let alone any evidence for it?

Your schtick of calling everyone who disagrees with you names is so 2016.

So man up and say what you mean, or just keep doing you and being a simpering coward, either way no skin off my back, PoS
    Just ignore him, he gets off riling people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Just ignore him, he gets off riling people up.
    Oh yeah, I figured. He's all bark, no bite.

I remember a Saudi friend in school telling me a saying about people like that, who make big fusses for no reason.

The dogs bark and the caravan moves on.