Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That den of attention-whoring teenagers, pedophiles, and Chinese intelligence gathering should have been banned a long time ago.
    Pretty much this. I wish they'd ban it in the EU, too. At the very least it'd spare me the sight of my 10 yo niece being addicted to it and forcing me to watch her cringy TikToks or whatever the hell they're callled. Aside from TikTok's less-than-transparent behavior when it comes to data collection, storage and usage, it presents the same issues other social media do, so the more they take down the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Censorship is censorship.

And why not ban facebook for the same reason while we are it?
    Facebook is already blocked in China. As is many other western business and tech.

And why not ban facebook for the same reason while we are it?
    What, for being an arm of the Chinese fascist government?

I'm not even opposed to coming down on Facebook, I love seeing Zuck get grilled by Congress.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Facebook is already blocked in China. As is many other western business and tech.
    Yeah, following China's laws seems like a great idea. We already know a certain part of the population loves those camps they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    What, for being an arm of the Chinese fascist government?

I'm not even opposed to coming down on Facebook, I love seeing Zuck get grilled by Congress.
    No, for selling data to whoever buys it. Not just facebook, but pretty much all social media. And not just Zuck going down, but banning the entire platform. You can fix the problem without banning any of them, but hey, that would require actually making changes to the system and we can't have that.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-07-07 at 12:02 PM.

Sounds good to me.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Please note that nation-bashing is a forbidden topic on MMO-Champion. You are free to criticize any government (e.g. "fuck the CCP", but be mindful about insulting the people.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...lol

I'd be interested in hearing exactly what sort of NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT this app poses. Seems to me that at worst, you'll have people using it to spread dis/misinformation...like literally every other social media platform.
    Probably collection of information to be used at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Curious that Vine disappeared for TikTok to replace it that did the exact same thing... why did Vine shut down?
    Because one of the main guys stepped down and they had few of their staff actively working on it. Just google these things instead of alluding to conspiracy theories.

No, for selling data to whoever buys it.
    If Facebook is selling data to the Chinese government, yeah, nail them to the wall.

Don't see how this is hard to follow.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not have any issue if the US does. After all, they ban some stuff there too. Wouldn't be banning anything beneficial. And look at the what YouTube and Twitter bans.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Coming War on China is starting to seem less and less angled.

Using it against the Chinese Gov is probably what we should do. Force them to ban their own social media.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    India already did this. Tik Tok is nothing bbut Spyware and i'd be surprised if this wasn't covered by legislation already.
    All social media apps are spyware kind of the point. The Chinese government will just buy it off one of the many others selling the data to anyone. This is semantics just for the election.

The administration isn't going to ban it, nor should they. If people want to give their information to the Chinese government, more power to them.

If they do try and ban it, then fuck them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Do not have any issue if the US does. After all, they ban some stuff there too. Wouldn't be banning anything beneficial. And look at the what YouTube and Twitter bans.
    YouTube and Twitter are not the government, and there's a First Amendment for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The administration isn't going to ban it, nor should they. If people want to give their information to the Chinese government, more power to them.

If they do try and ban it, then fuck them.

- - - Updated - - -

YouTube and Twitter are not the government, and there's a First Amendment for a reason.
    To be fair if it doesn't involve discriminating against gay people getting a cake Trump supporter don't care about the constitution.

Tbh, I think more countires should look into regulating applications and services that violate data protection laws and even worse are heavily involved in enemy social engineering and propaganda spreading. For a democracy to work you need an educated populus, it should be one of the highest priorities of any democracy to ensure this is achieved. Places that work against that or allow itself to be used against that should face regulation, that includes facebook, twitter and instagramm being a save haven for misinformation.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-07 at 02:33 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So, Trump is mad at all those Tik Tok Zoomers trolling him?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be fine with this. It it hurts the CCP then it is always a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I would be fine with this. It it hurts the CCP then it is always a good thing.
    I also love to speak in absolutes. Everything is either good or evil.

I guess it would be good for Facebook which owned Instagram and had just launched Instagram Reels in India.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also love to speak in absolutes. Everything is either good or evil.
    Well one thing for sure is that the CCP is fucking evil. No go deflect