Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Just got 4pc Eclipse Protocol on my new character. This set is so dumb. In a good way, though. ;D

I can't even imagine once Vile is combined with it.... Creeping death? Pfft! Try Usain Bolt sprinting death.
    i don't like it that much because it's op as hell in closed environments and nearly useless in open field. chem launcher is clunky as usual, but i suppose there are better options around.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i don't like it that much because it's op as hell in closed environments and nearly useless in open field. chem launcher is clunky as usual, but i suppose there are better options around.
    I am personally using the flamethrower turret, it does have a limited field of fire but I also run the exotic holster that sets the closest enemy within 20 yards on fire every 35 seconds so anything my turret misses usually get lit on fire by the holster.

Use an LMG to force enemies into cover or suppress. Then chem launch. But yeab, it's annoying how often elites will animation cancel whatever they're doing to combat roll out of it.

Do yall enjoy the looter aspect to this game? Tbh I find the grounded in reality on Earth aspect to make potential upgrades not really interesting and it puts me off.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Do yall enjoy the looter aspect to this game? Tbh I find the grounded in reality on Earth aspect to make potential upgrades not really interesting and it puts me off.
    Hunting gear for new builds to try a new gameplay style is mostly fine.

Trying to hunt down perfect-rolled gear to fully maximize your build is hell.

The stylistic appearance of the game doesn't really matter as much to me. One classic M1A having different stats than another M1A doesn't bother me at all.

Inventar management in this game is horrible. So I actually don't really like the looter aspect of this game due to that.
    This game needs a filter option of some kind.

For example: "Don't show items with less than 8% on Status effects" etc.
    You are wasting *so* much time looking at items all the time. Even if you just loot everything and only sort when you are back to base / have a full inventory.

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s the ‘loot all items as junk’ option, which is mostly my default choice when looting :-p

I hardly take time looking at items, my ‘filter’ is pretty simple: if the stat bars arent nearly full then its junk and not worth overthinking of keeping - only making an exception if its a key piece to a new build I’m farming.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2020-07-07 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    There’s the ‘loot all items as junk’ option, which is mostly my default choice when looting :-p

I hardly take time looking at items, my ‘filter’ is pretty simple: if the stat bars arent nearly full then its junk and not worth overthinking of keeping - only making an exception if its a key piece to a new build I’m farming.
    That's not helping at all though because you still have to look at every single item.

10+ Year Old Account
    < [=======----] = delete.
    > [=========-] = keep

It works for me. Just glancing is enough.

> [=========-] = keep

Yes?

But you still have to look at every item?
    Not to mention that there are 3 rolls on every piece and you can reroll one.

So :

[========]
    [=======-]
    [==-----------]

is still a keep unless the 2 (barely) full bars are trash stats such as armor or hazard protection.
    And then some brand-sets are just utter trash so even good items are useless due to the brand-set being useless.

And even worse, you can't delete the Skill-mods at once, so I actually ignore them completely and then they are ruining the landscape because I have all these yellow light beams and at some point I have to reset the map because I would end up checking every beam twice just to realize that I didn't pick up that skill-mod over there on purpose.

And doing activities will get you items too. Even if you don't want them and are just looking for XP.
    So at some point, you are forced to go into that horrible inventory and mark every single piece by hand for deconstruction.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-07 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What works for me might not work for you.

Having a filter set at 'dont show unless 8% status effect' will still make you look at the item if it's above 8% due to the large pool of stats an item can hold, right?

I think the issue is that it's kinda easy to find the gear you need to enable a playstyle, but it's hellish to get good gear for a specific playstyle. Example, not a problem to find set pieces but you need them rolled good on at least one stat to make them usable. Especially since we have farmed a lot already and we probably all already have a pretty optimized and functional build. So sometimes it kinda seems you're losing time in farming stuff for a new build that ends being less effective than the one you have already.

I think the issue is that it's kinda easy to find the gear you need to enable a playstyle, but it's hellish to get good gear for a specific playstyle. Example, not a problem to find set pieces but you need them rolled good on at least one stat to make them usable. Especially since we have farmed a lot already and we probably all already have a pretty optimized and functional build. So sometimes it kinda seems you're losing time in farming stuff for a new build that ends being less effective than the one you have already.
    Honestly I really wish they'd switch to a crafting system that augmented or modified existing gear rather than just creating new pieces. Make it diminishing returns for upgrading an attribute, with more and more crafting mats each time or something. At least then mats would be good for something, and bad-rolled drops could be turned into mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Honestly I really wish they'd switch to a crafting system that augmented or modified existing gear rather than just creating new pieces. Make it diminishing returns for upgrading an attribute, with more and more crafting mats each time or something. At least then mats would be good for something, and bad-rolled drops could be turned into mats.
    So exactly the optimization station from Division 1

https://thedivision.fandom.com/wiki/...e%20to%20grind.

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Fa...sation-station

Didn't the optimization station from Div1 require phoenix credits or some other super-rare currency? I guess that could work. Anything would be better than what we have now, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Division Tech.

Wasn't that rare tbh, IIRC you got it from deconstructing and there where boxes in the Dark Zone that contained them, mostly placed at landmarks and pretty easy to farm.

yeah, Division tech at first seemed daunting but if you player regularly, maxing it out was easy. I miss optimization station. its THE reason why my gear would end up decent. recalibration station in D2 could work that way potentially, if you could upgrade more then one stat per item. make it cost higher, its all cool. farming for perfect roll via rng alone is NOT cool.

> [=========-] = keep

This is sorta how I roll, though with qualifications...

If it's rainbow, largely junk it.
    It can have ONE low roll, but the other two need to be good stats (preferably same color)
    Few other minor bits and bobs

But I basically just loot everything, go to the recalibration station, if I can't max out any new stats I junk accordingly.

I don't even play that much and only keep named/exotic/high roll items (even sets), but I'm starting to creep up on that stash cap of 300 sooner rather than later. I guess I could go through and see what I can junk, but I didn't expect that inventory management would be this big a part of the game. I don't remember that from the first one as much >.>

I have also to add this: with seasons i'm getting some sort of "D3 vibes" creeping. What i mean is that if every season we're gonna get a couple or more green sets, then we're gonna end with a thousand of sets builds, that are going basically to cover every playstyle that simply cannot work or is underpar with regular yellow items. Hopefully it's not the case.

I have to put my shit together and finish the event and the season levels. I want my Vile mask and decent Directive pieces so i can go with the "bleeds everywhere" build.

Sidenote, did second raid boss last weekend, took 4 hours but HELL IF IT WAS SATISFYING TO DOWN IT. The encounter is really well done and we need a lot more of that in game (don't think in solo you can achieve something like that, but in 3 or 4 for sure you can have those things).

What works for me might not work for you.

Having a filter set at 'dont show unless 8% status effect' will still make you look at the item if it's above 8% due to the large pool of stats an item can hold, right?
    Depends on how many filters you can set and how you can set them.
    What I'm saying is that the loot in this game is a chore and absolutely no fun.
    When I say I require a filter it basically means that too much shit drops and that most of that shit is indeed absolute shit that you won't touch. The inventory is a mess to clear and even just glancing at all your 80 items takes several minutes.

I don't have that problem in Diablo even though the inventory is several times smaller and a lot of shit drops.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-07 at 04:54 PM.