Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    this game is absolute garbage right now

can you imagine if this stuff came out at initial release? It never would have made it. This team is literally squandering the good faith built over a decade by the founders.
    right,because stuff like instant pyro 1 shoting anyone with a non crit was TOTTALY different from this,or ambush rogues near the end,or shaman windfury 1 shots,yep...things like this NEVER existed at initial release and all along its lifespan ,atleast with this the player doing it can also die really fast

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, Arena, Warmode and BGs are all just done by part time workers during off season
    It sure feels that way.

Shadowlands will fix it? Like Method's downfall, only blizz themself can be the wow killer, and shadowcrap might just be the last nail or the f2p expansion after that.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    All you have to do is sneeze on him and he's dead. It's pretty simple. All the video shows are the wins, not the losses. People need to calm down and use their brains.
    You can only sneeze on him after 30 seconds when all of his immunities have run out, but by then you're already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    The one-shot corruptions are BS and corrupts shouldn't have gotten into rated PvP. It should just have never been a thing. But what worried me even more is 2 years into the expansion and the "PvP scaling system" which we were only provided a MS paint drawing from the pvp dev saying "its fine just trust us" is clearly not fine.
    As Rextroy mentions, he purposefully uses lower ilvl azerite pieces to get higher damage.
    A situation which simply should never exist.
    We've had lower ilvl pieces be better than higher ilvl pieces since day one. In Wrath people bought crap high ilvl things from vendors just to fool gearscore, got invited, then switched to their real things.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmmm, PVP tears. Your shitty little minigame has ruined my WoW experience for ages, so this is like ambrosia to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    stuff like inf stars and TD should never stack in damage, but proc rate instead.
    So instead of getting oneshot you'll have a chance to see the stacks ramping up and be dead in the same timeframe ;-)

But its more fun then spending most of the fight being cced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    The one-shot corruptions are BS and corrupts shouldn't have gotten into rated PvP. It should just have never been a thing. But what worried me even more is 2 years into the expansion and the "PvP scaling system" which we were only provided a MS paint drawing from the pvp dev saying "its fine just trust us" is clearly not fine.
    As Rextroy mentions, he purposefully uses lower ilvl azerite pieces to get higher damage.
    A situation which simply should never exist.
    Honestly I thought they'd abandoned any scaling as whenever I've hopped into PvP for BG weekly or something, being lower geared just resulted in hitting like a wet fish and getting destroyed in a few globals. It's the reason I've done barely any BGs all thro BfA... casual PvP is dead as a door nail if my experience is any indication. You had to have weeks of gearing even before Corruption to be remotely able to contribute. I know it wasnt ideal and fulltime PvPers seemed to hate it but the templates in Legion seemed a good start that was worth iterating on, perhaps to enable more template options so you can focus particular stats?

Far as Rextroy is concerned, hes a very niche case whose reason for playing is to explore these insane scenarios to do crazy noteworthy things. Its not like every other game is gonna be a guy riding the luck train with enormous corruption in the hope his proc blows an enemy up before he dies to it. Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that corruption as a system is mental...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah all those pom pyro mages were rly different balanced and fun in vanila

anyways,the coruption system was clearly not intented to go THIS high and no1 actualy tested this,but thankfuly it looks like next xpac there wont be systems like this
    Critting for 2k-2.5k once every 3 minutes (very survivable) is very different from out right 1 shotting someone for 600k. Honestly cant even believe youre comparing the two LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Critting for 2k-2.5k once every 3 minutes (very survivable) is very different from out right 1 shotting someone for 600k. Honestly cant even believe youre comparing the two LOL
    cant believe you dont see how extremly similar they are,and it was more than 2.5k,warlocks could pull off 4k shadowbolts,and pyro was stronger,also it wasnt just mages and locks with huge 1 shots,rogues with ambush in the last patch were also 1 shoters,shamans with windfury procs,heck even warriors could easily 1 shot clothers with a nice slow 3.8/4 speed 2h and an ms crit,seriously,you people have major amnesia

and the 3 min cd is irelevant,a 1 shot is a 1 shot,and once the player dies in arena its over anyways,so it wouldnt matter even if it was 3 min coruption cd,it would actualy be a buff,because you could control when you use it and the target,thats not the case with some coruptions
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-07-07 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post

If you think pvp ruined your game check out what Method did to it. WoW pve has been smeared for ever and it has noone else to blame but itself. The sad sad state of pve was known to anyone who ever played wow pve and thats how wow pvp was born. People got sick of having to deal with all sorts just to get some gear and enjoy their game.

lol if you actually believe this.

Remove PvP from the game, WoW is fine. Remove PvE and the game will go the way of Wildstar in a year. Look at any PvP MMO on the market. They are all dead as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I see, thank you for the explanation. I do think they went wild in BfA with systems upon systems.
    Unfortunately Shadowlands currently has more systems upon systems than BfA did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If you think pvp ruined your game check out what Method did to it. WoW pve has been smeared for ever and it has noone else to blame but itself. The sad sad state of pve was known to anyone who ever played wow pve and thats how wow pvp was born. People got sick of having to deal with all sorts just to get some gear and enjoy their game.
    Mmm, different strokes for different folks.
    ... Just as long as we're all in agreement PVP was added as an afterthought, and should have never taken up development time or push design decisions. 8)

*tosses another cannister of gasoline on the fire*
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So instead of getting oneshot you'll have a chance to see the stacks ramping up and be dead in the same timeframe ;-)
    I see what you mean, my point is that things shouldn't be able to stack up to become 1 shots, or even 2 shots for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That second Dark Legacy comic is perfection. Folks who do that do deserve worse.
    In reality, though, the person pinching the quest objective is a druid in flight form going "lol, mobs"
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    heh, funny stuff. Always enjoy watching People in MMO's mess with Mechanics to make videos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    If one video could sum up why i don't play retail wow anymore. This is it.
    Even in Vanilla, Windfury procs could kill you in one shot. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    The guy who made corruption is some repulsive overweight neckbeard who's on record saying he wants to permanently ban people in-game if they criticize the system online, be it twitter or reddit, or the forums.
    Never heard this before. Source please?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

How can anyone argue this is not the ultimate in balancing??