Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow stream is most likely about Beta and release date. "New" stuff we probably hear about will be:

- pre-patch content
    - world quests/emissary and Mythic+ changes (I don't think they'll touch raid or PVP structure at all)
    - Maw zone mechanics

For sure I wouldn't expect any Covenants redesign. We all fear that they'll be completely unbalanced, but no number tuning has been done yet, it's late Beta territory. Also SL are so deep into development it's too late for fundamental changes.

Funny thing, I prefer that they COMPLETELY screw up balance on Beta than smaller (but visible) gap. It would force Blizzard to make easy swap for Covenants. Don't want to argue about it, I just prefer "on the fly" design (like D3 and WoW new talents) than "meaningful choice" (like D2 and WoW old talents).

And of course I don't want people running with Kyrian chest and Necro wings, so Necro transmog should be disabled on Kyrian character etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    thats what you got out of that video ouch
    People see what they want to see.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-07-07 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Why would you want that ? They're just going to announce beta, and maybe the Maw testing alongside conduits and soulbind test. People are getting too much hyped for this. If it was that important, they would have not postponed it.
    Well, considering Corona and all, they kinda had to postpone it. Also, they could have postponed it to this date for a reason as well...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post

By the way Preach says the expansion is over already and its gg.
    That's not what he says at all though? He says that there are potential problems that could happen with Soulbinds and covenants, and his fears are justified, considering what we saw with the AP system with Artifacts and the HoA. We don't know fully how these will work, of course. But, judging by what we've seen on WoWhead, etc. We COULD have reason to fear for an imbalance and shit like that. Though, Blizz could balance the covenant and soul-bind systems well, and there's actually nothing to worry about, but we'll see.

Overall, Preach is actually very hopeful about this expansion, and his fears about certain features and what they might bring to the table should definitely be something to consider, considering past expansions. Preach does kinda like how character progression is going, though both him and people in the comment section don't like the idea of gaining power only to lose it next expansion with something "new" (Something of which I agree with). But, with SL giving how Legendaries that bring back Legion traits and shit like that, I personally don't worry about the shitty character progression system as much, cause SL seems to be making certain (really good) changes with it. But, I can see why Preach, or others, might find it infuriating to see and do.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Well, considering Corona and all, they kinda had to postpone it. Also, they could have postponed it to this date for a reason as well...
    It was postponed because riots, not corona. I know it's hard to track, 2020 is a busy year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I see three possible scenarios:

A - They'll basically announce the second half of the expansion, with a deep-dive into lots of systems and content additions we all wish we were getting but that have been largely absent so far, ranging from classes and allied races to world content and more.

B - They'll hold a modest event just to update us on where we stand with the Alpha and Beta, perhaps show us a trailer and mmmmaybe give us a release date. Also, 100% chance of Ion spending 20 minutes explaining why Covenant abilities and Soulbinds are actually great.

C - They'll apologize and delay Shadowlands 6 months because they want to take the time needed to get it right. Some features taken back to the drawing board and will be fleshed out later this year, with a quick preview of what they're currently thinking.
    Here's what's actually the case:

Blizzard chose this date cause it's the perfect time to:

- Announce and showcase more about the endgame, what's gonna happen post Level 60 (GOD, I LOVE THIS LEVEL SQUISH), and how your character is going to grow as the expansion goes on.

- Showcase some new lore with the Maw and shit like that. Maybe a cinematic? Though, I doubt it.

- Give is a Beta announcement and release date, which is likely (Don't take my word for it though) going to happen right after the stream (Hence why Zorbix is hyping shit up on Twitter)

- Give us a Pre-patch announcement and potential PTR date (This is going to happen before we get a SL release date, maybe)

- MAYBE give us a release date, though I kinda doubt it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It was postponed because riots, not corona. I know it's hard to track, 2020 is a busy year.
    Shit, you're right. 2020 is crazy, dude.

I still think we need a hype train.

7+ Year Old Account
    Idk why people even expect beta.

If we get anything beta related tomorrow, it's gonna be a date.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Maybe. But Ion like these "btw, Beta/PTR is starting right now/this week" reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

There are 2 options: 1. They give us Beta right after the stream, and MrGM is probably just assuming we won't get Beta based on what Ion said months ago regarding testing.

Or 2. They give us a Beta release date which is probably going to occur a week or 2 after stream (I think this is more likely, but Blizzard shocked us before).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe. But Ion like these "btw, Beta/PTR is starting right now/this week" reveals.
    He really does. Legion and BFA are prime examples of it.

There are going to be some sad sacks tomorrow. The key to anything with Blizz and games in general is expect little, and if it is more than that neat. The ONLY thing I'm guessing realistically is a Beta date, and a LOW chance of "Beta is ready today, check your emails".

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    There are going to be some sad sacks tomorrow. The key to anything with Blizz and games in general is expect little, and if it is more than that neat. The ONLY thing I'm guessing realistically is a Beta date, and a LOW chance of "Beta is ready today, check your emails".
    Either way, I just want to see some updates and shit on wtf's going on with the covenants. Not like I'm going to get Beta anyway.

Either way, I just want to see some updates and shit on wtf's going on with the covenants. Not like I'm going to get Beta anyway.
    Well yeah, I WANT to hear about a lot of shit, but I expect very little. If I get anything more than an expected Beta date, it's a bonus to me. I'm rarely disappointed in anything as I expect so little in this videogame/hobby arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    1st new 'plot' point I've seen from the book is now on Blizzard watch, it's a relationship I honestly didn't see coming. Apparently it had a following online? I dunno, I'm old and uncool.
    Some conversation ingame 8.3 sorta hinted at something but not confirming. All Im gonna say is.. I don't care that much but it felt like fan service(Like too much).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    1st new 'plot' point I've seen from the book is now on Blizzard watch, it's a relationship I honestly didn't see coming. Apparently it had a following online? I dunno, I'm old and uncool.
    Oh, you mean Lor'themar and Thalyssra? Yeah, that's been hinted at for a bit. The book seems to confirm it though, yeah?

On the topic of talents.

I kind of hoped that with the level squish there would also be a talent row squish. I don't know how it looks like right now on alpha, but on live you unlock a row every 15 levels, ending at 90, then one additional row after 10 levels. So right now there are 20 levels after the last row with nothing gained.

So the questions are: 1). where is the last row going to be? 50? 60? 40? 2). how many levels you need to unlock for the next row?

Anyway, coming to my point: I think at this point basically each spec has at least 2 "dead rows" - be it a "this talent is way better than the rest" or "whole row is bad, but this talent is the least bad". Why not just reduce the number of talent rows? That would allow them to 1). remove dull, dead, unpopular talents or 2). make the talents which right now feel necessary to chose simply because of the flow they add into the spec baseline.

Oh, you mean Lor'themar and Thalyssra? Yeah, that's been hinted at for a bit. The book seems to confirm it though, yeah?
    No, it's a completely different set of characters who've only interacted once up to this point.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    No, it's a completely different set of characters who've only interacted once up to this point.
    Wait a minute...

Fairwind and Shaw? BRUH!

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    On the topic of talents.

I kind of hoped that with the level squish there would also be a talent row squish. I don't know how it looks like right now on alpha, but on live you unlock a row every 15 levels, ending at 90, then one additional row after 10 levels. So right now there are 20 levels after the last row with nothing gained.

So the questions are: 1). where is the last row going to be? 50? 60? 40? 2). how many levels you need to unlock for the next row?

Anyway, coming to my point: I think at this point basically each spec has at least 2 "dead rows" - be it a "this talent is way better than the rest" or "whole row is bad, but this talent is the least bad". Why not just reduce the number of talent rows? That would allow them to 1). remove dull, dead, unpopular talents or 2). make the talents which right now feel necessary to chose simply because of the flow they add into the spec.
    You get talents at 15, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 on alpha right now.

Still nothing at max level. Still no new rows. And pretty sporadic new talents.

But again, this expansion isn't the class revamp expansion, it's the leveling revamp expansion for future proofing absurd level caps/inconsistent storytelling.

LOL, Shaw x Flynn was the ultimate meme and it actually happened. Though I'm going to guess Flynn doesn't go through with it.

If a meme this stupid really made it's way into official lore then that's just sad and disappointing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing