Revamp talent system

Create a new talent system that is different from both talent trees with a lot of useless choices that feel you missed the unpicked talents rather than feel ok that you chose the ones you did, and the 1 out of 3 talents which is always bad because 90% of the time of all classes 1 talent is good and other 2 are so bad people will call you noob if you choose them and will not even play with you. Also merge pve & pvp talents and balance them, talents should be complex not complicated

This new talent system i want now will be like this:

talents will be in a circle ( powerful in middle, weak spread out of edges)

merge all kinds of abilities (talents, traits, artifacts, relics, glyphs, essences, pve+pvp, etc), and focus more on how good they are and how good they work instead of being too many and too bad

every class has a lot of talents to choose from (both pve & pvp, right now you have some in pvp and other in pve, 21 work in both, and choose 7 out of 21, 1 out of 3 each row / column)

you choose 10 out of all talents ( free from all, regardless of being arranged in either rows or columns or categories, offensive, defensive, support, etc)

from that 10 talents you choose each will work at different effect being exponentially increased, i chose (1, 1+2=3, 1+2+3=6), for exponential effect
    - 6 of them work at 100% effectiveness (these are normal talents)
    - 3 of them work at 300% effectiveness (these are greater, stronger, super talents)
    - 1 of them work at 600% effectiveness (this is the most powerful, supreme, ultimate, hyper talent)

talents will be different and unique for all classes of course and will work equally for all specs with some of them changing based on spec to match the appropriate abilities / spells, and some will be active while other will be passive, carefully balanced around all classes, so you can also choose if your most powerful and important talent is either active or passive, to fit your play style, instead of being forced to play what is best for game mechanics

if anyone interested i can also give some ideas of talents, or you can write in comments your own talent ideas
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2020-07-07 at 01:32 PM.

My name is thesmall001 and I approve of this message

10+ Year Old Account
    You are aware that blizzard developers are quite capable of coming up with bad ideas on their own, right? They don't need you to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    You are aware that blizzard developers are quite capable of coming up with bad ideas on their own, right? They don't need you to help them.
    Must be why most trees remain unchanged, and "new" powers are just old legendaries and set bonuses.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

This sounds like it would work flawlessly and not even cause any issues whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    Must be why most trees remain unchanged, and "new" powers are just old legendaries and set bonuses.
    That is pretty much correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    This sounds like it would work flawlessly and not even cause any issues whatsoever.
    I would prefer to just return to a model where every spec has its own tree of some kind of you are enhancing an aspect of your class rather than excluding two aspects entirely. This switch to every spec being like a different class really screwed things up.

This solution being presented here just sounds like an overly complicated system that doesn’t solve any problems and introduces new ones.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I would prefer to just return to a model where every spec has its own tree of some kind of you are enhancing an aspect of your class rather than excluding two aspects entirely. This switch to every spec being like a different class really screwed things up.

This solution being presented here just sounds like an overly complicated system that doesn’t solve any problems and introduces new ones.
    So it's like Shadowlands' Soulbind system. Got it.

So it's like Shadowlands' Soulbind system. Got it.
    Soulbinds aren’t based on class or spec, you unlock everything in them, and you swap between them at will... so the only similarity to what I said is that there are three of them.
    -ynnady

I think a larger legion artifact system would be awesome that starts off the moment you create your character. Major traits being the talents we have now, and minor ones being small stat buffs, maybe a few cosmetic ones changing the animation of some abilities (Green fire for locks?). Maybe they start off all locked and you can unlock them by doing certain content taking away the good from azerite essences. Upgrading them by doing other things. And they don't have to be HUGE upgrades, just a lot of them and really spread out the way you unlock them by running old content, gathering materials, completing WQ, gaining reputation. Just a ton of simple things that a majority of the player base do any way. And then the cosmetic ones be the harder ones to get.

I'd love to build on this idea. The issues i see immediately are going expansion to expansion and what resource would you use to select them. AP is not available in every expansion

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I think a larger legion artifact system would be awesome that starts off the moment you create your character. Major traits being the talents we have now, and minor ones being small stat buffs, maybe a few cosmetic ones changing the animation of some abilities (Green fire for locks?). Maybe they start off all locked and you can unlock them by doing certain content taking away the good from azerite essences. Upgrading them by doing other things. And they don't have to be HUGE upgrades, just a lot of them and really spread out the way you unlock them by running old content, gathering materials, completing WQ, gaining reputation. Just a ton of simple things that a majority of the player base do any way. And then the cosmetic ones be the harder ones to get.

I'd love to build on this idea. The issues i see immediately are going expansion to expansion and what resource would you use to select them. AP is not available in every expansion
    This reminds me of an idea I had awhile ago that will never happen but would be fun: instead of every expansion having a new level cap they should just have a level for the expansion and the max level gear should include a stat for every expansion that makes you viable in endgame content for that expansion. For example, burning crusade gear could have “fel essence” or whatever on all the gear, meaning that if you wanted to do endgame content in Outland you need gear from that expansion and get fel gear because gear from other expansions wouldn’t scale into the content.

It would be impossible to undo where we are now, but if they went a route like that instead all expansions could be evergreen content rather than just transmog farms.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Soulbinds aren’t based on class or spec, you unlock everything in them, and you swap between them at will... so the only similarity to what I said is that there are three of them.
    You sure you want to stand by that claim?

You sure you want to stand by that claim?
    Give him break, not everyone is reading news.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Give him break, not everyone is reading news.
    I mean, should there really be allowances for willful ignorance?