Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    LOL, Shaw x Flynn was the ultimate meme and it actually happened. Though I'm going to guess Flynn doesn't go through with it.
    I guess they had to remove Taelia's orbiter somehow.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    There are going to be some sad sacks tomorrow. The key to anything with Blizz and games in general is expect little, and if it is more than that neat. The ONLY thing I'm guessing realistically is a Beta date, and a LOW chance of "Beta is ready today, check your emails".
    I suspect you're right. I think we'll get a release date, possibly a new cinematic and an indication that beta is literally around the corner and is due to start either next week or the week after. They'll want to hit that time frame to clash with New World beta which starts on the 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    They were good friends and his implied old crush on her never really comes up in their relationship. It was pretty good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It's so Anduin can ask her for paladin gurl feet pics

Is this a joke? They shoe horned in a queer romance after putting in a transgender character in Shadowlands and that story about the gay night warrior? Can someone confirm 100% the Flynn and Shaw thing? The Last of us 2 BS and now Blizzard?

This literally can't feel more forced and SJW-box-ticking than it does now. Not to mention there wasn't even the smallest implication that Shaw or Flynn are gay. Flynn literally gets teased by his buddy in Freehold about a WOMAN he had a crush on. Oh JK they'll just say he's BI now.
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2020-07-07 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Is this a joke? They shoe horned in a queer romance after putting in a transgender character in Shadowlands and that story about the gay night warrior? Can someone confirm 100% the Flynn and Shaw thing? The Last of us 2 BS and now Blizzard?

This literally can't feel more forced and SJW-box-ticking than it does now.
    The Last of Us already made it known that Ellie was gay, thats been a thing. Playing the games actually clarify that.... -_-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Flynn and Shaw are so out of place.

Not only did they literally just meet once, the age gap must be enormous.
    Halford would've been so much better.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Last of Us already made it known that Ellie was gay, thats been a thing. Playing the games actually clarify that.... -_-
    I'm talking about the entire transgender Lev thing, not only about Ellie. Everyone is shoving transgender and gay characters in their games as if they are ticking a mandatory box, with 0 regard if it fits or even looks believable. Shaw and Flynn are as believable as being a transgender person in a zombie apocalypse world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, keep the LoU bickering in the LoU thread where it belongs, thank you very much.

Formerly known as Arafal

This literally can't feel more forced and SJW-box-ticking than it does now. Not to mention there wasn't even the smallest implication that Shaw or Flynn are gay. Flynn literally gets teased by his buddy in Freehold about a WOMAN he had a crush on. Oh JK they'll just say he's BI now.
    1. Oh wow, guys are gay. Who cares? How about we focus on the actual important shit such as gameplay systems, main lore figures, etc.

2. Oh wow, going to the afterlife can reshape your being to how you want it too, so crazy. That's kinda the entire point dude. It's not really 'forced transgender" shit.

3. Oh wow, the first Night Warrior guy was gay and was a rare occurrence among the Priestess' of Elune. It's almost like some people actually did that in shit irl, as well as other fantasy games (ESPECIALLY WOW).

You're right. My point is, Flynn and Shaw is a ridiculous, pulled out of someone's ASS stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Ugh, keep the LoU bickering in the LoU thread where it belongs, thank you very much.
    Also this. LoU2 literally has NO effect on what WoW does. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    1. Oh wow, guys are gay. Who cares? How about we focus on the actual important shit such as gameplay systems, main lore figures, etc.

2. Oh wow, going to the afterlife can reshape your being to how you want it too, so crazy. That's kinda the entire point dude. It's not really 'forced transgender" shit.

3. Oh wow, the first Night Warrior guy was gay and was a rare occurrence among the Priestess' of Elune. It's almost like some people actually did that in shit irl, as well as other fantasy games (ESPECIALLY WOW).
    1) I care, when it's shoved more and more into video games just to tick a box.

2) This is simply a bullshit IC (in character) excuse to put a trans character in the game for "representation" and points. You know it, and I know it - everyone with half a brain knows it.

3) Same as point 2.

american agenda, when it started two or three years ago?

You're right. My point is, Flynn and Shaw is a ridiculous, pulled out of someone's ASS stunt.
    It is kinda ridiculous. But then again, so is Sylvanas and Nathanos (Only ever implied in a book then shown ONCE randomly in game), Arthas and Jaina (Outside of some shit in WC3, and Jaina bawling her eyes out in WoTLK, we saw almost NOTHING on this relationship in game. Idc what books do), Thalyssra and Lor'themar (You know why...), etc etc...

I mean...I personally don't want romance in WoW because 1) Blizz isn't very good at writing stories and 2) who gives a shit (except Khadgar and Modera: the OTP) but yeah...Flynn and Shaw seems very...forced. Also the concept that every character has to have romantic interest. Like...it just doesn't feel like it has any place in the story.

But eh, whatever. It doesn't really effect me in anyway and someone will be happy about it

1) I care, when it's shoved more and more into video games just to tick a box.

2) This is simply a bullshit IC (in character) excuse to put a trans character in the game for "representation" and points. You know it, and I know it - everyone with half a brain knows it.

3) Same as point 2.
    As I said, relationships in WoW suck. But they don't affect shit in game. Literally, they don't.

Also, SL literally shows EVERYONE getting reshaped into someone from the afterlives respective race. Changing gender why doing so isn't impossible to think about. You're literally becoming a new person from your former life. What's so hard to understand here?

And there is no "same point as 2". Different genders can join groups and shit that don't really accept the opposite sex. See: Joan of Arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kinda ridiculous. But then again, so is Sylvanas and Nathanos (Only ever implied in a book then shown ONCE randomly in game), Arthas and Jaina (Outside of some shit in WC3, and Jaina bawling her eyes out in WoTLK, we saw almost NOTHING on this relationship in game. Idc what books do), Thalyssra and Lor'themar (You know why...), etc etc...
    Well for one WCIII makes it clear that Arthas and Jaina knew each other at somepoint, otherwise he wouldn't of known who she was. Also Warcraft doesn't deal in romance too often, not that it shouldn't. Also Sylvie and Nathanos I think there's a clear reason(Both rangers of sorts). The Arthas novel goes into why Arthas and Jaina connect.

Seeing Flynn and Shaw.....well based on what we know...we don't get "why" they're a thing if only cause we haven't seen them interact with each other. I think pairing up two people "JUST CUZ/OH SO CUTE1111111" seems silly but I'm not that invested in this conversation.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I mean...I personally don't want romance in WoW because 1) Blizz isn't very good at writing stories and 2) who gives a shit (except Khadgar and Modera: the OTP) but yeah...Flynn and Shaw seems very...forced. Also the concept that every character has to have romantic interest. Like...it just doesn't feel like it has any place in the story.

But eh, whatever. It doesn't really effect me in anyway and someone will be happy about it
    I feel like it's only forced cause there's literally NOTHING that suggested a relationship being built from them. Then again, this seems more like a WoW book issue as a whole, as the more recent ones have TERRIBLE writing issues on certain aspects. This being one of them, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well for one WCIII makes it clear that Arthas and Jaina knew each other at somepoint, otherwise he wouldn't of known who she was. Also Warcraft doesn't deal in romance too often, not that it shouldn't. Also Sylvie and Nathanos I think there's a clear reason(Both rangers of sorts). The Arthas novel goes into why Arthas and Jaina connect.

Seeing Flynn and Shaw.....well based on what we know...we don't get "why" they're a thing if only cause we haven't seen them interact with each other. I think pairing up two people "JUST CUZ/OH SO CUTE1111111" seems silly but I'm not that invested in this conversation.
    Yeah. Personally, WoW's never been too keen on relationships outside of "Yeah, here's some shit to make you care for these characters more". It's really always been about the Player whooping everyone's asses and shit like that.

I feel like it's only forced cause there's literally NOTHING that suggested a relationship being built from them. Then again, this seems more like a WoW book issue as a whole, as the more recent ones have TERRIBLE writing issues on certain aspects. This being one of them, unfortunately.
    I can 100% agree with that, actually.