Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm. Not only did we know about that study, it's got problems of its own. And yes, there's a ton of inertia they must overcome of studies the WHO, NIH, Oxford University, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s totally hydroxy, has nothing to do with the steroids we gave to those patients at twice the rate we gave the “control” group. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    That study is complete and utter shit...
    The "study" is disgusting and they should be ashamed for publishing it. They're actively trying to push for a drug that has been proven to be dangerous for treating Covid-19 and it sickens me.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. I didn't have the time to read it myself today but recalled it being a bit wonky from what little I'd heard of it. Throw it on the pile of other ways Trump is actively trying to kill more Americans, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has already made noise about vetoing a defense spending bill, if that bill required him to rename US military installations named after Confederate traitors.

Grassley thinks the Senate would just override the veto.

Let's assume Grassley is telling the truth and/or predicting correctly. Does Trump take a stand, even if that means his veto is overridden and therefore he's a failure? Or does he accept the inevitable, retreat from his promise, and choose not to veto, even if that means breaking yet another promise and compromising on what he claims his morals are?

Tough choice for Trump. Man, who knew being a racist would be so complicated?

Another defeat for Trump.

U.S. Supreme Court ordered on Monday that construction of the long-delayed and once-resurrected Keystone XL project cannot begin.

That's the US Supreme Court. The court of last appeal.

Three in less than week if we count Dominion Energy and Duke Energy cancelation of the Atlantic Coast natural gas pipeline project and the court-ordered Dakota Access pipeline shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Another defeat for Trump.

U.S. Supreme Court ordered on Monday that construction of the long-delayed and once-resurrected Keystone XL project cannot begin.

That's the US Supreme Court. The court of last appeal.

Three in less than week if we count Dominion Energy and Duke Energy cancelation of the Atlantic Coast natural gas pipeline project and the court-ordered Dakota Access pipeline shut down.
    This is just a stay until the supreme court makes its ruling though. The court is just saying you can't keep working while they take a look at it. Which is a bad thing for Keystone certainly, but not a final decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump has already made noise about vetoing a defense spending bill, if that bill required him to rename US military installations named after Confederate traitors.

Let's assume Grassley is telling the truth and/or predicting correctly. Does Trump take a stand, even if that means his veto is overridden and therefore he's a failure? Or does he accept the inevitable, retreat from his promise, and choose not to veto, even if that means breaking yet another promise and compromising on what he claims his morals are?

Well, I don't think it is really going to be a tough choice. McConnell isn't planning on giving it to him until after the election, so either way, Trump has no incentive to veto it.

Trump is going to sign it, and MAYBE whine about it. Also likely to just not mention it at all. Unless of course he loses the election, and just goes to Mar-A-Lago and refuses to sign anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This is just a stay until the supreme court makes its ruling though. The court is just saying you can't keep working while they take a look at it. Which is a bad thing for Keystone certainly, but not a final decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I don't think it is really going to be a tough choice. McConnell isn't planning on giving it to him until after the election, so either way, Trump has no incentive to veto it.

Trump is going to sign it, and MAYBE whine about it. Also likely to just not mention it at all. Unless of course he loses the election, and just goes to Mar-A-Lago and refuses to sign anything at all.

Biden has basically already said he will axe the permit if he is elected so this stay pushes their ability to work until after the election and at that point it may very well go poof depending on who gets elected. Also with oil prices where they are I am not sure how much sense this pipeline makes regardless in the long run.

True and I was very specific in my wordings. I am surprised that they are still pushing the Keystone XL project at this point. The cost analysis for the Keystone XL which is intended to transport Canadian oil sands, one of the most expensive crude to produce and transport due to its viscosity, was questionable in the first place. After all the delays and with the current oil price, I just don't see how it is still going to be profitable.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-07-07 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Biden has basically already said he will axe the permit if he is elected so this stay pushes their ability to work until after the election and at that point it may very well go poof depending on who gets elected. Also with oil prices where they are I am not sure how much sense this pipeline makes regardless in the long run.
    Agreed on the first point, but on the oil price issue I think it is actually the opposite. With Oil Prices high, the Canadian Oil Sands remain viable even with higher transport costs caused by trucking and rail movement. A pipeline will reduce cost, and increase the margins for that oil. However, with very low oil prices, Transport costs send the cost per barrel of production deep into the red. Companies lose money for every barrel of Canadian oil they get to a refinery. They are willing to soak those losses for a while, hoping for a rebound, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that without a pipeline these oil fields are just not viable.

This is a great thing for the environment, and people whose land these pipelines would cross. However, it is likely the death blow to the oil booms in Western/Central Canada, and the Dakotas. Those economies were already reeling, this will drive the nails into the coffin. Which again, I am fine with. It wasn't a sustainable industry, it was a boom economy, it had no mechanism for sustainable growth. That doesn't make it easier for the people caught in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    True and I was very specific in my wordings. I am surprised that they are still pushing the Keystone XL project at this point. The cost analysis for the Keystone XL which is intended to transport Canadian oil sands, one of the most expensive crude to produce, was questionable in the first place. After all the delays and with the current oil price, I just don't see how it is still going to be profitable.
    Right, at current prices, even with a pipeline the cost per barrel is higher then the sale price. However, everyone expects oil prices to go up somewhat, but they may never get high enough to cover the costs without a pipeline. Keystone (And similar projects) is important to energy companies because without it, all the investment into the Canadian and Dakotan oil fields is probably going to need to be abandoned.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/polit...oup/index.html

Well this is a fun one.

Kris Kobach, remember that "VOTER FRAUD" guy whose biggest victories on that front are getting a few convictions for confused senior citizens and screwing counties and towns out of hundreds of millions of dollars by writing illegal or unenforcable policies to address illegal voting (which wasn't even happening anyways), is running for Senate!

He's a good buddy of Trumps and was on his voter fraud commission that closed up without actually doing anything.

Well, now a Republican group is working against him in his bid for Senate in Kansas. Why? Because he managed to lose the governor's race to a Democrat, and they're worried he'll repeat and lose the Senate race to a Democrat as well.

I cannot believe how relevant the wise words of Ken Watanabe continue to be for the Republican party -

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like Mary Trump's book is getting into the hands of media a bit early.

She claims Trump paid someone to take the SAT for him.

She also claims Trump praised her breasts, and that his own sister called him a clown.

I can't say that I uncritically believe everything she writes, in fact I don't view her as inherently credible as I literally know nothing about her. But knowing that these kinds of claims are going to continue to pour out and infuriate Trump is more than fine for me.

Damn it Britain, why do you always have to spoil our fun? "USA is #2!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Joking aside, that is really sad. The UK somehow managed to fuck this up worse then everyone else except maybe China. And considering that literally everybody fucked it up, that is saying something.
    Dude, we're third. For fucks sake
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It seems like Mary Trump's book is getting into the hands of media a bit early.

She claims Trump paid someone to take the SAT for him.

She also claims Trump praised her breasts, and that his own sister called him a clown.

I can't say that I uncritically believe everything she writes, in fact I don't view her as inherently credible as I literally know nothing about her. But knowing that these kinds of claims are going to continue to pour out and infuriate Trump is more than fine for me.
    I wouldn't trust it without proof either, but you have to admit those two statements fit Trump perfectly given what is already well-known about him. I'm sure it'll be good for a source of Trump's frustration in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude, we're third. For fucks sake
    I was surprised to see that too. Sorry, that sucks.

I was surprised to see that too. Sorry, that sucks.
    We have a right wing government that prioritized the economy over human life, so we had it coming. It stills infuriates me to hear our local business commentators trying to argue the opening of our country, after 10k+ deaths
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

https://apnews.com/ce86fe1ebcf5ce7b9bf5d556b54b55d5

Trump is on-pace to break his previous Executive Order record of 55 in his first year in office, with 33 already signed this year.

Let's not forget, the Republican party lost their god-damned shit over Obama using Executive Orders, and Trump himself was a particularly vocal critic of Obama's use of them.

Because hypocrisy shall never die within the Republican party.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-us-from-WHO-

Oh, and apparently the US is no longer a part of the WHO as of yesterday. So that's fun.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wait you don't think people can be easily manipulated? Have you seen who is president today? I mean a grifter is in the oval office lol
    Honestly, I don't know what @draynay's issue is - we're talking about serious issues and he keeps trying to race bait us. I was merely pointing out that Kayne pushing a well-funded write-in campaign could affect some battleground states.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

Back in 2015, then-presidential candidate Donald Trump said the Confederate flag belongs in a museum.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

Back in 2015, then-presidential candidate Donald Trump said the Confederate flag belongs in a museum.
    His views have evolved since then. He now loves losers like the Confederacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Honestly, I don't know what @draynay's issue is - we're talking about serious issues and he keeps trying to race bait us. I was merely pointing out that Kayne pushing a well-funded write-in campaign could affect some battleground states.
    I said quit talking about race, and you accuse me of race baiting, its not a productive conversation and I am not continuing it with you. Don't @ me.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the FUCK are we pulling out of the WHO during a pandemic?

Jesus, here I thought I couldn't hate Trump more. Fucking man is an incompetent imbecile.
    Putin khuliyo

After a half decade plus of complaining from republicans about the good for nothing Obama bail outs that have turned over 150 billion dollars in profit for tax payers......

the hits keep coming

no wonder they wanted no one to know the details of the "Trump giveaways"

https://apnews.com/00a34243825661313f2cb6a0f6a21720

As much as $273 million in federal coronavirus aid was awarded to more than 100 companies that are owned or operated by major donors to President Donald Trump’s election efforts, according to an Associated Press analysis of federal data.

Gee and just today Trump was telling everyone to switch from Fox

Among the recipients named Monday was the conservative website NewsMax, which was approved for a loan up to $5 million on April 13, the data shows. NewsMax CEO Christopher Ruddy has donated $525,000 to political committees supporting Trump, records show. He did not respond to a request for comment.

Broadcasting company Patrick Broadcasting, which is owned by Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a firebrand conservative and former talk radio host, received a loan of $179,000, according to Patrick’s senior adviser Sherry Sylvester. Patrick is the Texas chairman of Trump’s presidential campaign.

BILLIONARES LIVES MATTER!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/the-...ppp-loans.html

Soho House, the exclusive membership club controlled by billionaire Ron Burkle, received loans totaling $9 million to $23 million by applying for seven loans through its New York, Miami Beach, Chicago and West Hollywood locations. Last month, Soho House raised $100 million from private investors, including Burkle, that gave the company a valuation of $2 billion

All together, more than 400 country clubs and golf resorts received PPP funding.

Billionaire developer Joe Farrell, famed for building and renting megamansions in the Hamptons, received a PPP loan of up to $1 million. Farrell made headlines in May when he rented a megahome called “The Sandcastle” for nearly $2 million for the summer.

The Greenbrier Hotel, which operates the famed luxury resort in West Virginia and is owned by billionaire West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, received $5 million to $10 million. The Greenbrier Sporting Club, part of the residential development next to the hotel, also received $1 million to $2 million.

Gores Vitac Holdings, part of the company controlled by by tech billionaire Alec Gores, is listed as having received $5 million to $10 million.

The most famous billionaire to receive PPP funds is Kanye West. West’s Yeezy fashion brand received $2 million to $5 million. West has said his brand is worth $3 billion and recently announced a collaboration with Gap that could be worth $100 million or more depending on the company’s performance
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why the FUCK are we pulling out of the WHO during a pandemic?

Jesus, here I thought I couldn't hate Trump more. Fucking man is an incompetent imbecile.
    We're gonna do our own thing which is obviously working out great.
    /s