Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    As I said, relationships in WoW suck. But they don't affect shit in game. Literally, they don't.

Also, SL literally shows EVERYONE getting reshaped into someone from the afterlives respective race. Changing gender why doing so isn't impossible to think about. You're literally becoming a new person from your former life. What's so hard to understand here?

And there is no "same point as 2". Different genders can join groups and shit that don't really accept the opposite sex. See: Joan of Arc.
    You can conjure up as many excuses as you want IC-ly, it doesn't change the fact it's there to push an agenda.

Also, just because something "can" happen, it doesn't mean it SHOULD happen - that's the big exclamation mark here. Especially in a video game. All of this is just there to rake in points from the LGBTQ people and their supporters.

It doesn't make even a flick of sense otherwise. Flynn and Shaw? Like, WHY? Not to mention that the transgender Kyrian wouldn't be a big deal if he was just there and we get their story in a side quest or something, instead Wowhead and several other blogs on the web made posts about the "FIRST TRANSGENDER CHARACTER TO JOIN WOW WOOOO". And this is exactly what Blizzard want by ticking those boxes.

Not to mention Blizzard changed calling them "they" to "he" after LGBTQ folk insisted on it, and made a post about that as well.
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2020-07-07 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    You can conjure up as many excuses as you want IC-ly, it doesn't change the fact it's there to push an agenda.

Also, just because something "can" happen, it doesn't mean it SHOULD happen - that's the big exclamation mark here.
    What's the agenda?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Make it a throuple! And get me pics!

All in due time.
    Blizzard is not yet ready to acknowledge polyamory, give them few more years.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I can 100% agree with that, actually.
    Yeah. I feel like the Illidan novel is the more coherent one, and that's one of the most bloated books out there and gave us the whole "Illidan prophecy" shit people were hating on till 7.3 came up and made Illidan beam Xe'ra like the fool she was.

Literally, I feel like Blizzard's better at writing cosmic stories than they are writing ANYTHING related to the Alliance and Horde. I mean, ffs, the best parts of MoP involved Lei'shen, the Legion warnings, the Sha, and the August Celestials. Legion has better writing than BFA. BFA's writing got slightly better with the Old Gods, but that was short handed cause of how they handled N'Zoth and Azshara (Cause this was an expansion that unfortunately involved the Alliance/Horde cringe-fest of a "war"), and now SL's lore so far is amazing and provides some of the most unique and new lore out there so far.

Blizz should just kill off everyone in the Alliance and Horde tbh. They're much better at writing stories that DON'T involve the factions than they do with them.

Hell, most of the old Alliance/Horde writing was carried by both Varian and Garrosh. lmao

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz should just kill off everyone in the Alliance and Horde tbh. They're much better at writing stories that DON'T involve the factions than they do with them.

No, thats a terrible idea. They struggle when they focus on both playable factions against each other. The playerbase can't handle it and 2 well being fair to both is kinda hard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Also, just because something "can" happen, it doesn't mean it SHOULD happen - that's the big exclamation mark here. Especially in a video game. All of this is just there to rake in points from the LGBTQ people and their supporters.
    You're getting far too upset over shit that's not going to affect your game experience whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, thats a terrible idea. They struggle when they focus on both playable factions against each other. The playerbase can't handle it and 2 well being fair to both is kinda hard.
    There's absolutely no reason why the Alliance and Horde should keep fighting though? I mean, the only reason BFA exists is because Blizzard wanted to force an Alliance/Horde war down our throats with Sargeras' blade being stuck inside the Planet's core. Like, have they learned NOTHING from MoP?

Yeah. I feel like the Illidan novel is the more coherent one, and that's one of the most bloated books out there and gave us the whole "Illidan prophecy" shit people were hating on till 7.3 came up and made Illidan beam Xe'ra like the fool she was.

Literally, I feel like Blizzard's better at writing cosmic stories than they are writing ANYTHING related to the Alliance and Horde. I mean, ffs, the best parts of MoP involved Lei'shen, the Legion warnings, the Sha, and the August Celestials. Legion has better writing than BFA. BFA's writing got slightly better with the Old Gods, but that was short handed cause of how they handled N'Zoth and Azshara (Cause this was an expansion that unfortunately involved the Alliance/Horde cringe-fest of a "war"), and now SL's lore so far is amazing and provides some of the most unique and new lore out there so far.

Hell, most of the old Alliance/Horde writing was carried by both Varian and Garrosh. lmao

- - - Updated - - -
    I...don't agree with that at all. Illidan was really bad. Like really bad.

I think the last decent novel was the Arthas one and guess what...existing story that just got expanded upon. Blizz isn't better at writing cosmic stories. They're better at writing stories with existing material.

...and stories without the factions. They try to...mirror too many things. Not everything has to be equal in the stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's absolutely no reason why the Alliance and Horde should keep fighting though? I mean, the only reason BFA exists is because Blizzard wanted to force an Alliance/Horde war down our throats with Sargeras' blade being stuck inside the Planet's core. Like, have they learned NOTHING from MoP?
    That doesn't mean getting rid of the factions like you suggested, that SHOULD NOT happen at all. Factions existing doens't equate them fighting each other.

I think the last decent novel was the Arthas one and guess what...existing story that just got expanded upon. Blizz isn't better at writing cosmic stories. They're better at writing stories with existing material.

...and stories without the factions. They try to...mirror too many things. Not everything has to be equal in the stories.
    I don't think the novels are really that bad. Some of them just have ideas or plot points that are "Are you REALLY going there?" (See Holy Illidan. That one line in before the storm about Sylvanas and being female Warchief(Not that it matters cause well she got ousted).

As for the Fantasy themed stories outside the factions. Sometimes they do good and fun stuff...and sometimes theres ideas that... I don't like at all. its all weather if I like the idea at all.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-07-07 at 05:22 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Really? I personally loved Illidan. Huh, guess y'all share different views than me on it. :/

Also, Arthas was probably one of the last good ones, sure. I personally think the Traveler series and the Chronicles are great as well (Titan PoV or not). But, that's it really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That doesn't mean getting rid of the factions like you suggested, that SHOULD NOT happen at all. Factions existing doens't equate them fighting each other.
    Ohhh. Yeah, I never said get rid of factions. I said kill all the faction leaders to replace them with actual good leaders instead (That's what I meant by kill everyone IN the Alliance and Horde. Not kill the alliance and horde, silly).

Anyway, release date announced tomorrow - YAY OR NAY??

I said they're better off not focusing on the factions cause everyone in the Alliance/Horde so far suck dick character wise.

Really? I personally loved Illidan. Huh, guess y'all share different views than me on it. :/

Also, Arthas was probably one of the last good ones, sure. I personally think the Traveler series and the Chronicles are great as well (Titan PoV or not). But, that's it really.
    I haven't read Traveler but I've heard really good things about it. I love Chronicles but that wasn't necessarily a story, just kind of expanding existing lore, again.

You know, I'll be fair to Illidan...it did a good job at conveying his character. But the dialogue and everything was...eh. Like on a whole, wasn't good but it did a good job with his character, sure.

Beta announcement and Pre-patch PTR release date, most likely. Pre-patch and expansion live release dates could happen, but probably not.

Beta is coming either tomorrow post stream, or next week. But, judging by MrGM's tweet, it'll likely happen next week or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wonder what they'll announce, clearly a beta release and an official release date is not rly big info, that's info they could've just dropped on their Twitter instead of dedicating a stream to it.
    So I hope there's content they have not shown us yet, kinda like how FF14 does expansion info drops in 3 events.
    Idk there is apparently something called trials of ascension. I have no idea what they is. Maybe it's a new feature they didn't announce before now because they weren't sure they could get it done.

We might see a release date tomorrow, but I'm thinking it's more likely we'll get a prepatch date, but honestly if we even get that we're probably gonna get a release date.

My money is on mostly Maw/max level systems that aren't implemented in alpha yet and probably an announcement about beta coming soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Idk there is apparently something called trials of ascension. I have no idea what they is. Maybe it's a new feature they didn't announce before now because they weren't sure they could get it done.
    I think someone said earlier it's like Brawler's Guild and it's where you get different armor tints? So probably like...PvE challenges.

1) I care, when it's shoved more and more into video games just to tick a box.

2) This is simply a bullshit IC (in character) excuse to put a trans character in the game for "representation" and points. You know it, and I know it - everyone with half a brain knows it.

3) Same as point 2.
    Seems like youre just uncomfortable with it and are trying to fit any reasoning you need to make your argument sound less shitty but its not working

- - - Updated - - -

What's the agenda?
    oh no representation how scary buddy is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    oh no representation how scary buddy is ridiculous
    Nah, I want him to tell me what this agenda is.

Is it delusional to hope for a new CGI cinematic tomorrow, or at least an announcement of some Shadowlands "Warbringers" equivalent maybe? What I'm pretty sure there will be is a trailer for the release date, at the very least.
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Sadly I don't think you're going to get a coherent response from him but it will be an amusing sight if so

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Seems like youre just uncomfortable with it and are trying to fit any reasoning you need to make your argument sound less shitty but its not working
    I'm not even going to open that can of worms with you because I'll get banned from MMO-champ.

I will only point out that my personal like or dislike for it has nothing to do with my argument, which has everything to do with companies shoving LGBTQ related stuff in games just to tick a box no matter if it feels ridiculous or forced.

Try to use more brain cells next time rather than a clownish sarcastic comment.