Thread: Chain harvest

Chain harvest

hey i am looking for info on the spell mechanics of this spell. I have seen it listed as affected by tidal waves for cast reduction but i need to know if it works like the old monk bounce spell and swaps between allies/enemies, hits only allies or only enemies, or simply chains to whatever is closest. Furthermore does it both heal and damage enemies meaning the 5 target cap on enemies and allies is exclusive to each other or if it hits an enemy it will 1 fewer ally.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    hey i am looking for info on the spell mechanics of this spell. I have seen it listed as affected by tidal waves for cast reduction but i need to know if it works like the old monk bounce spell and swaps between allies/enemies, hits only allies or only enemies, or simply chains to whatever is closest. Furthermore does it both heal and damage enemies meaning the 5 target cap on enemies and allies is exclusive to each other or if it hits an enemy it will 1 fewer ally.

thanks
    It does not need to alter back and forth (tested by me being the only heal target and multiple enemies). It just chains around like chain heal with 5 enemies max and 5 allies max for a total of 10 max targets. So in my test there were 6 enemies and it hit 5 of them and me. Hope this helps.

Chain Harvest Venthyr
    40 yd range
    2.5 sec cast 1.5 min cooldown
    Requires Shaman
    Send a wave of anima at the target, which then jumps to additional nearby targets. Deals (45% of Spell power) Shadow damage to up to 5 enemies, and restores (120% of Spell power) health to up to 5 allies.

For each target critically struck, the cooldown of Chain Harvest is reduced by 5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    It does not need to alter back and forth (tested by me being the only heal target and multiple enemies). It just chains around like chain heal with 5 enemies max and 5 allies max for a total of 10 max targets. So in my test there were 6 enemies and it hit 5 of them and me. Hope this helps.
    oh cool thanks man i was doing calculations and i couldn't tell by the description, buts that great that's what i was hoping for. I feel like it's decently strong works well with resto in PVP situations especially battlegrounds with a lot of people around and provides a lot of synergy with crit which is one of my favorite stats as resto. doesn't seem to be a big contendor for Ele/Enh with the damage portion being very weak and AE reliant. at 30% crit your averaging a 15s reduction with maximum targets. I think 10s will be a good rule of thumb for most scenarios but 25s is doable when hitting a group on top of adds or battlegrounds.

Another question what is the jump distance (please be 30)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry and another question because I'm now understanding this, vesper totem also does both healing and damage as well? while I feel vesper is even harder to get value DPS wise being able to do both severly increases it's power

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    oh cool thanks man i was doing calculations and i couldn't tell by the description, buts that great that's what i was hoping for. I feel like it's decently strong works well with resto in PVP situations especially battlegrounds with a lot of people around and provides a lot of synergy with crit which is one of my favorite stats as resto. doesn't seem to be a big contendor for Ele/Enh with the damage portion being very weak and AE reliant. at 30% crit your averaging a 15s reduction with maximum targets. I think 10s will be a good rule of thumb for most scenarios but 25s is doable when hitting a group on top of adds or battlegrounds.

Another question what is the jump distance (please be 30)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry and another question because I'm now understanding this, vesper totem also does both healing and damage as well? while I feel vesper is even harder to get value DPS wise being able to do both severly increases it's power
    Yes it does both and you can move the totem while it's out. So you can put it down at ranged to use 3 dps then move it closer to the ranged group to heal or whatever.