Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Horrific Vision in FIRST PERSON - would you ever run one like that yourself??

I know, this is pretty crazy, but boredom does wonders for people who have been ready for Shadowlands for a while... so why not, right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh, imo HVs suck no matter the perspective
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Meh, imo HVs suck no matter the perspective
    Why they suck? Aren't as cool as the Mage Tower, but still hard enough to be fun solo content.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Why they suck? Aren't as cool as the Mage Tower, but still hard enough to be fun solo content.
    Way better than the mage towers - because they don't permanently lock out some specs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Try this with 5 masks :P This would be funny as hell.

i hardly have the stomach to complete a solo 5mask run every week. cannot believe people are trying these different ways. visions and islands are same for me. havent touched island for a year now even then I would rarely do it. visions same, i will just spend 2k and get the update from vendor i guess.

3+ Year Old Account
    How about in VR? That'd be even more weird
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Way better than the mage towers - because they don't permanently lock out some specs.
    Hard when each spec had one mage tower fight each. You were not locked out on anything. While several people, including yourself said HV was way too hard for some specs. Like your example. Arcane Mage couldn't do it. Which is funny because Arcane was pretty easy in there from the start.

And just to put my opinion into this. Mage Tower was way better. It was a challenge at least in the start with tactics involved. Horrific Vision is an aoe fest with no thought or finesse behind it.

Man I miss Mage Tower. Horrific Vision is Horrificly Boring. Though its always fun to see people trying out new things as the OP do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hard when each spec had one mage tower fight each. You were not locked out on anything. While several people, including yourself said HV was way too hard for some specs. Like your example. Arcane Mage couldn't do it. Which is funny because Arcane was pretty easy in there from the start.

And just to put my opinion into this. Mage Tower was way better. It was a challenge at least in the start with tactics involved. Horrific Vision is an aoe fest with no thought or finesse behind it.

Man I miss Mage Tower. Horrific Vision is Horrificly Boring. Though its always fun to see people trying out new things as the OP do here.
    eh mage tower was cool but it was a one time thing

i did it once for an appearance (so 3 times in total, granted each one was different) and there was no reason to go back there or any replayability

visions aren't amazing but i still find it fun to run every week, there is reward for that and they are a bit random

at the start it was also a challenge and even now i need to be careful on trash because i run pure ST spec

on the other hand i two shotted assassination tower
    Last edited by Finear; 2020-07-08 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    eh mage tower was cool but it was a one time thing

i did it once for an appearance (so 3 times in total, granted each one was different) and there was no reason to go back there or any replayability

visions aren't amazing but i still find it fun to run every week, there is reward for that and they are a bit random

at the start it was also a challenge and even now i need to be careful on trash because i run pure ST spec

on the other hand i two shotted assassination tower
    Glad you have fun with visions

I found it very boring a couple of months in, and barely done any since. Its just the same thing over and over. Mage Tower were different across the board, and for alts it was awesome. Alts in Visions are..same for all with no rewards whatsoever sadly.

I one shotted 3-4 Mage Towers on my alts myself, went in when they overgeared the place. Mage Tower was a 7.2 thing. It wasn't meant to be hard after that. Same as visions. Its not supposed to be hard when you outgear it. Which you did pretty fast. I did my first mage tower at day 1 after 30 attempts. When I did it on my second hunter at 15 ilvls higher I one shotted it, but that was also with higher AP because it was in 7.3. I used less attempts for 5 masks in HV, on my alts too. Of course in a longer period of time because of limited attempts, not that I think that ever was an issue.

For me the big issue with HV is that its sooo repetetive. There is the same things every week just swapping cities. And the rewards are just sad. Remember those awesome weapon transmog you got when finishing the Mage Tower? I do. Now thats what I call rewards. 36 of them, times 4 tints. HV got one mounts, backpack and 5 so lazy done mask transmog.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-08 at 01:55 AM.

Glad you have fun with visions

I found it very boring a couple of months in, and barely done any since. Its just the same thing over and over. Mage Tower were different across the board, and for alts it was awesome. Alts in Visions are..same for all with no rewards whatsoever sadly.

I one shotted 3-4 Mage Towers on my alts myself, went in when they overgeared the place. Mage Tower was a 7.2 thing. It wasn't meant to be hard after that. Same as visions. Its not supposed to be hard when you outgear it. Which you did pretty fast. I did my first one day 1 after 30 attempts. When I did it on my second hunter at 15 ilvls higher I one shotted it, but that was also with higher AP because it was in 7.3. I used less attempts for 5 masks in HV, on my alts too. Of course in a longer period of time because of limited attempts, not that I think that ever was an issue.

For me the big issue with HV is that its sooo repetetive. There is the same things every week just swapping cities. And the rewards are just sad. Remember those awesome weapon transmog you got when finishing the Mage Tower? I do. Now thats what I call rewards. 36 of them, times 4 tints. HV got one mounts, backpack and 5 so lazy done mask transmog.
    yeah so i dont play alts so at best i had 3 different mage tower runs, i did assassination in 7.2 and it wasn't really challenging mechanic wise, and the rest much later so i cant comment on difficultly (i didn't really care about outlaw and even less so about sub)

i run 1-2 visions per week and rewards while not as exciting as new appearance are meaningful, i can get upgrades from that

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah so i dont play alts so at best i had 3 different mage tower runs, i did assassination in 7.2 and it wasn't really challenging mechanic wise, and the rest much later so i cant comment on difficultly (i didn't really care about outlaw and even less so about sub)

i run 1-2 visions per week and rewards while not as exciting as new appearance are meaningful, i can get upgrades from that
    Sigryn yeah? Blind some, stun some etc? :P

I did it on my Arcane Mage alt at 904 I think. Used like 12 tries or so with none of the recommended legendaries. It was really fun using the whole toolbox of abilities and since I lacked good leggos for it I changed some talents to make it work.

HV for me is just full ham AoE without any tactics whatsoever. Its hit that gift proc, which is fun, and then nuke the shit out of the trash

Anyway, nice to see people still having fun with it, I just look forward to Shadowlands these days.

You were not locked out on anything.
    Yes - there was no way for my main to complete the mage tower, however my less practised alt would have no issues.

That's the problem - a fixed target, with no way to partially advance - and no way to choose your battles.

i.e. locked out.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Yes - there was no way for my main to complete the mage tower, however my less practised alt would have no issues.

That's the problem - a fixed target, with no way to partially advance - and no way to choose your battles.

i.e. locked out.
    I.e. having less than average skills. Thats what you are arguing. Not being locked out. I did it on 14 characters, 13 being alts. Arcane Mage at 904, bad legendaries as well.

But if that was your argument, how about your complain earlier in 8.3 that you as Arcane Mage had it so hard in there compared to others specs? You couldn't do it? You forgot about that? Forgot to quote my question about that above as well? Seeing thats the same argument you are making against Mage Tower.

Stop being disengenous.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-08 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Mage Tower was actually a challenge. You had to adapt pretty specific playstyle to beat them, but at any of MT challenge I did I never felt frustrated. I was actually eager to run them and seeing that I'm getting better. I enjoyed planning for them, adjusting my builds and consumables.

As for HVs... you are facing timer, horribly frustrating affixes and sometimes, your success relies on RNG luck having good elixirs around to keep your buffs and sanity high enough. Not really enjoyable content, and I'm doing exactly 1 horrific vision per week right now to keep my corruption resistance high.

WoW isn't designed for 1st person. The 1st person view is more horrific than the actual visions.

I.e. having less than average skills.
    You missed the point entirely just so you could do some insulting. Not surprising I suppose.

No - the point is that the mage tower had a binary outcome, there was no progression. You enter, you die - nothing learned for next time.

The horrific visions are far better because you can progress in them, I can learn from each run and do better each time.

Mage tower was like a raid with a single mythic end boss with a random instant wipe mechanic.
    Horrific visions are like actual raids, with increasing difficulty, progression and eventually reaching the end or your skill cap.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-07-08 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I hoped for some awesome custom made UI to fit the experience.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You missed the point entirely just so you could do some insulting. Not surprising I suppose.

No - the point is that the mage tower had a binary outcome, there was no progression. You enter, you die - nothing learned for next time.

The horrific visions are far better because you can progress in them, I can learn from each run and do better each time.
    You still say that some specs were locked out. That's just flat out wrong. It was a you problem. Visions are easy with any spec, too, as long as you care for the mechanics and dont eat everything.
    Even healers can easily 5 mask them /shrug

Magetowers had no "random instant wipe mechanic". It's the same as visions: do mechanics. Not hard at all - said by someone that did the tank challenge while it was new.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-07-08 at 12:35 PM.