Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Since every one seems to only care about this score, I'm wondering, Is it better to leave instantly if you notice that it's going to be a depleted run than to have a depleted run on your score?
    Yes, yes it is true that a lot of the users of raider io are complete jackasses. #itsonlybeneficialifyouhavetorunpug #gotagoodguildwhatsapug

I'm sorry, what was the question? I want to make sure to add something to the conversation that is beneficial for the asinine subject matter. A thank you

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ehhh. Careful with that kind of blanket statement. If I'm doing my weekly 15, for example, and I get two applicants -- one with 3 completed 15s and one with 8 depleted 15+'s -- I'm gonna take the guy who's actually timed a few 15s first. I'd probably take the dude in your example but having a bunch of depleted keys on your .io profile isn't as meaningless as you suggest.
    What? How is your example of looking at applicants related to checking whether someone has depleted runs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli83 View Post
    Yes, yes it is true that a lot of the users of raider io are complete jackasses. #itsonlybeneficialifyouhavetorunpug #gotagoodguildwhatsapug

I'm sorry, what was the question? I want to make sure to add something to the conversation that is beneficial for the asinine subject matter. A thank you
    So triggered by not getting invites that you need to chip in with nonsense without making any kind of point?

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What? How is your example of looking at applicants related to checking whether someone has depleted runs?
    Because you'd want to bring players who you know can time the key?

Since every one seems to only care about this score, I'm wondering, Is it better to leave instantly if you notice that it's going to be a depleted run than to have a depleted run on your score?
    It is a little simplistic to say people only care about the score. But in any case, a depleted run won't hurt your score, as others have pointed out. Personally I do not leave groups after the key starts unless it is a very rare occasion that I literally don't think the group is capable of even finishing (more common playing lower keys on alts than on my mains.) But if I get invited to a group that is clearly not good or hard carrying some stranger I have no hesitation to eject before the key starts just because I don't want to waste my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you'd want to bring players who you know can time the key?
    The raider.io addon does not show depleted runs unless they are high values for individual keys. You would have no idea how many depleted runs someone has unless you go to the website and manually go through each dungeon for each applicant. So what do depleted runs have to do with what you're talking about?

The raider.io addon does not show depleted runs unless they are high values for individual keys. You would have no idea how many depleted runs someone has unless you go to the website and manually go through each dungeon for each applicant. So what do depleted runs have to do with what you're talking about?
    I use both the add-on and the website. Mostly because I don't trust the add-on since a lot of times people don't sync it properly. I doubt I'm the only person who does both; so to give a blanket statement like, "depleted keys don't matter," is a bit of an oversimplification.

I'd still press on if it's for my weekly chest.

I use both the add-on and the website. Mostly because I don't trust the add-on since a lot of times people don't sync it properly.
    You must have misunderstood how the system works. Every time you update your addon, it basically downloads a database of all player scores from the website, and just shows you these scores in game. As such, keeping your addon information up to date if only up to you. Other players have no say in this.

Here is a screenshot from raider.io discord that explains how frequently your addon information gets updated. You can use the free raider.io client to automatically synch all the scores twice per day, and the patrons of raider.io get everyone's up-to-date scores from the website as often as once every 3 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hey.

So, first off - if you leave a key instantly - you’re someone I hope to add to my ban list, which I send to a ton of people. Second, if you’re running a key and it gets depleted - it doesn’t do jack shit to your score - what do you think R.IO is.. everquest lol? R.IO gives you your best keyed time based on how high the key is timed - this isn’t you LOSE XP like everquest for dying lol

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    You must have misunderstood how the system works. Every time you update your addon, it basically downloads a database of all player scores from the website, and just shows you these scores in game. As such, keeping your addon information up to date if only up to you. Other players have no say in this.

Here is a screenshot from raider.io discord that explains how frequently your addon information gets updated. You can use the free raider.io client to automatically synch all the scores twice per day, and the patrons of raider.io get everyone's up-to-date scores from the website as often as once every 3 hours.
    Thanks for the clarification. Regardless, I update the addon manually two or three times per day and I still end up with wildly different numbers on the website from the addon. (Some players don't have IO on the addon but do on the website.) I think it has a lot to do with Blizzard's API for M+ being a bit wonky in the first place. (I've had runs straight up fall off the face of the planet, for example.) All that said, I don't think it's a bad habit to use both if you have the opportunity... especially if you're looking to push your key.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    So, first off - if you leave a key instantly - you’re someone I hope to add to my ban list, which I send to a ton of people. Second, if you’re running a key and it gets depleted - it doesn’t do jack shit to your score - what do you think R.IO is.. everquest lol? R.IO gives you your best keyed time based on how high the key is timed - this isn’t you LOSE XP like everquest for dying lol
    I explained what i think Raider.IO is in a different reply. Please make sure you are up-to-date on all replies and dicussions and don't just go from what you read in the OP

Uhm. is this a real question?

This only matters if you only plan on ever running each dungeon ONCE.

Other than that, a low score is better than no score. If you plan on doing each dungeon more than once, you're always pushing for better gear, hence higher scores by default.

Really odd question.

I use both the add-on and the website. Mostly because I don't trust the add-on since a lot of times people don't sync it properly. I doubt I'm the only person who does both; so to give a blanket statement like, "depleted keys don't matter," is a bit of an oversimplification.
    I really don't understand. What do you use the website for? Why does it matter if people "don't sync it properly"? If you are looking at the scores via your addon, it only matters if you have done a sync. The only difference between the addon and the website is timing as far as the major factors go. The addon files only update so often whereas the website is near-time. But we're five months into the season and it really shouldn't matter what has changed in the last few hours. Like that's really going to make a big difference?

In any case, you're still saying depleted keys matter. You seriously go into the website for every applicant and manually click through each dungeon to count depletions? That seems really far fetched. I mean more power to you, but I can just about guarantee you are losing your best applicants who don't need to wait for your background check and they'll already be in another group before you complete your process. I mean, whatever floats your boat, I'm just having a hard time picturing it and I am curious if I am misunderstanding.

In any case, you're still saying depleted keys matter. You seriously go into the website for every applicant and manually click through each dungeon to count depletions? That seems really far fetched. I mean more power to you, but I can just about guarantee you are losing your best applicants who don't need to wait for your background check and they'll already be in another group before you complete your process. I mean, whatever floats your boat, I'm just having a hard time picturing it and I am curious if I am misunderstanding.
    It literally takes seconds to do this. I have a second monitor with r.io's website open.

It literally takes seconds to do this. I have a second monitor with r.io's website open.
    You scroll down and click on each one of the 12 dungeons and count the depleted keys for every applicant? And that takes seconds? I mean I suppose you could. I finished college in seconds. Approximately 142009200 seconds.

If you are doing 28's and higher it's with people you know 100% and you would not need to look them up. If you're PUGing over 22 maybe you know something I don't. Otherwise you are just wasting your seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

I have several depleted runs on my raider.io page. I haven't notice it affect my ability to get groups at all.

Edit:
    But, I do have a high key completion for each dungeon at this point.

You scroll down and click on each one of the 12 dungeons and count the depleted keys for every applicant? And that takes seconds? I mean I suppose you could. I finished college in seconds. Approximately 142009200 seconds.

If you are doing 28's and higher it's with people you know 100% and you would not need to look them up. If you're PUGing over 22 maybe you know something I don't. Otherwise you are just wasting your seconds.
    Thanks for letting me know how I should spend my own time. Does it really bother you that much that somebody does something different than you?

Hey.

no one cares about depleted runs, the score is given for either. It's your personal thing if you want to have a not timed record or not, me - I don't give a crap, most score is given by timed keys so even if you don't time it, it will very likely just be hidden in the history rather then show up on the main page for the highest score.
    I look for score and what was the highest difficulty the person done it that dungeon (i.e. person might have 3k score but if he only did 15 Junkyard, that's a no go for doing a 20, ok for doing 17. And not because the player is bad, it's just experience.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a minor simplification as for "regular" player that is almost never a true, I can't imagine anyone doing this for +15. I do this sometimes when I go above 20 and I need to pug, but I don't consider myself as a average wow player. And again it only would matter if I saw a history of 10 depleted keys and only 2 timed or so for that dungeon I am about to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    IMO is just another elitist tool. Sometimes you pick a high lvl gearscore player that knows nothing about the mechanics of the fight. It's useless.

Knows the mechanics + Knowledge about your spec >>>>>>> abyss >>>>>> Gearscore
    How do you show knowledge about mechanics and your spec to a random group?

That's EXACTLY what rio is. It's a tool to show that you know what you are doing. It doesn't freaking matter what you think you know about dungeons. What matters is what you actually know, what you have proven to know. If you have problems to prove your knowledge then make your own groups and work yourself up. You have a key yourself. But then, who will you pick to get in your groups? Players who have no rio score or those who have one? The first group has a high chance of depleting your key and therefore wasting your time in trying to push your key high enough so that you have proven yourself.

That's all raider.io is. It's a proof that you know the dungeon, your role and how mythic+ works in general. It's not just some "gearscore". We are way past that silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    This might be one of the best posts ive seen on here about Raider IO, at least for lower keys. There are people who literally sell 15s so you KNOW that at least up to that level that score is honestly meaningless as someone could just be carried as a DPS.
    Well such a player would have to buy a carry through every single dungeon. The system is obviously not perfect. No system is. In the end someone else could've been playing on their account and pushed to really high keys, pushed high pvp rating, beat mythic N'Zoth. It could've been someone who bought an account on ebay or wherever. But how likely is it that out of the whole pool of players you'll pick the one guy who bought his progress? The system is not perfect but it's more than good enough to weed out the chaff.

Thanks for the clarification. Regardless, I update the addon manually two or three times per day and I still end up with wildly different numbers on the website from the addon. (Some players don't have IO on the addon but do on the website.) I think it has a lot to do with Blizzard's API for M+ being a bit wonky in the first place. (I've had runs straight up fall off the face of the planet, for example.) All that said, I don't think it's a bad habit to use both if you have the opportunity... especially if you're looking to push your key.
    the addon gets updated once a day. If someone beat a high key the same day then the addon will not show it until the next day.
    Last edited by Wuusah; 2020-07-08 at 07:30 AM.

I never like to leave a key because you still get the loot, it still counts for some score. Only time when I do leave is if the group has hit a brick wall and wont be able to finish it at all.
    A bit off topic, the thing I hate about Raider.io, is that is has nothing to do with raids. Raids should count towards your score as well. A person who has all 15-16s with a high mythic progress should have more score than someone who has done all 17-18s but hasn't stepped foot into mythic raids. I am pretty sure that if you compare two people of that kind, the one with mythic progress will be a better player 9/10 times.
    I, for an example, mostly do one or two +16 dungeons per week, just to get my weekly chest. And I have been doing so since BfA came out. I know every nook and cranny of those dungeons after doing them so many times. On the other hand, I am currently 11/12m and progressing on N'Zoth and my score is being looked down upon by people in random groups (in before rage comments about how I'm butthurt, no, I'm not, if I was I would actually work on getting my score higher) who whisper me with comments like "lUl 480 wItH 2.2k sCoRe gIt GuD pLeB" while having low mythic progress or none at all. And this happens way too often than it should.
    Change my mind, but it'd be great if raid progress, somehow, also counted towards your score.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    I never like to leave a key because you still get the loot, it still counts for some score. Only time when I do leave is if the group has hit a brick wall and wont be able to finish it at all.
    A bit off topic, the thing I hate about Raider.io, is that is has nothing to do with raids. Raids should count towards your score as well. A person who has all 15-16s with a high mythic progress should have more score than someone who has done all 17-18s but hasn't stepped foot into mythic raids. I am pretty sure that if you compare two people of that kind, the one with mythic progress will be a better player 9/10 times.
    I, for an example, mostly do one or two +16 dungeons per week, just to get my weekly chest. And I have been doing so since BfA came out. I know every nook and cranny of those dungeons after doing them so many times. On the other hand, I am currently 11/12m and progressing on N'Zoth and my score is being looked down upon by people in random groups (in before rage comments about how I'm butthurt, no, I'm not, if I was I would actually work on getting my score higher) who whisper me with comments like "lUl 480 wItH 2.2k sCoRe gIt GuD pLeB" while having low mythic progress or none at all. And this happens way too often than it should.
    Change my mind, but it'd be great if raid progress, somehow, also counted towards your score.
    Just because you have mythic raiding experience doesn't mean you have high key dungeon experience. It's a different beast and shouldn't be all thrown together into one number. At that point why not also add your pvp rating to the score?

You being at 11/12m Nyalotha doesn't make you better in dungeons. And think of the extreme case. Let's say you have two players.
    Player A: 2500 rio score. 11/12m Nyalotha. Did all dungeons +10

Player B: 2000 rio score. 0/12m Nyalotha. Did all dungeons +15

Which one would you pick for your +15 dungeon?