Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Idea for New Feature: LFR+ 10man only.

Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-07-09 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Infracted

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be fun.

The less players on my LFR group, the better. Too many freeloaders.

I'd appreciate LFR defaulting to 10man just so the freeloaders and people who continually make the same mistakes over and over can more easily be discovered and removed.

Unfortunately it'll come at severely increased queue times as there's already never enough tanks to fill the groups quickly and 10man groups would mean 2.5 times as many groups needing 2 tanks each.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    This would do almost literally nothing. It is very likely the same people will do LFR regardless of whether or not the group size changed. I do not see how this is at all something additional to do. And if they did a LFR of 10, the wait for dps players would be about twice as long since it's usually the tanks that are hardest to find.

Also, what is the "Shadowlands delay"? Do you have some super secret insider information? They have not announced any delay and from the beginning they said before the end of 2020 and they have recently confirmed that. And not to split hairs, but it's not "raid-dungeons", it's raid instances.

If you're bored with WoW I would consider pushing content that is actually challenging or maybe take a break for a while.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would just make queues longer. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'd appreciate LFR defaulting to 10man just so the freeloaders and people who continually make the same mistakes over and over can more easily be discovered and removed.

Unfortunately it'll come at severely increased queue times as there's already never enough tanks to fill the groups quickly and 10man groups would mean 2.5 times as many groups needing 2 tanks each.
    The queue problem might be solved by making every raid to be rotated every weekly. That you cannot all LFR+ raids yet, but only one that is available this current week. A bit same as timewalking raid or Warfront rotations.

So literally just normal that you're too lazy to make a group for

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    That would be fun.

Too many "real" raiders that enjoy ruining runs too I notice when I run it on some alts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Too many "real" raiders that enjoy ruining runs too I notice when I run it on some alts.
    For sure, the amount of entitled assholes with excellent gear AFK'ing or even griefing on LFR is absurd.

I which WoW still had a Support Staff to ban those punks but they pushed that responsibility to the players.

For sure, the amount of entitled assholes with excellent gear AFK'ing or even griefing on LFR is absurd.

I which WoW still had a Support Staff to ban those punks but they pushed that responsibility to the players.
    really? how is that? LFR holds no rewards for 'real raiders'. I haven't ran LFR since March or so, I still don't even have 12/12 on LFR completed on armory.
    You could get some good players in LFR in MOP, as they'd run this for legendary quest pieces and transmog.
    Now there are no tier sets and nyalotha sets look like complete trash. No reason to queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    The queue problem might be solved by making every raid to be rotated every weekly. That you cannot all LFR+ raids yet, but only one that is available this current week. A bit same as timewalking raid or Warfront rotations.
    not actually a terrible idea

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    So literally just normal that you're too lazy to make a group for
    but instead of having half decent teammates, you get some 15k dps zombies

What if those 10 man LFR would only use one tank. Just change the boss mechanic to 1 tank (cap debuff mechanic), remove some of the trash so the mobs are not as spread, etc..
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    That would be fun.

bahahaha oh good lord that is not what will happen at all. let's take your standard lfr group - 2 tanks, 6 heals, 17 dps; let's say 5 of those dps and 2 heals are freeloaders but you can still pull through with 4 heals and 12 good dps. now then you have 10man LFR - 2 tanks, 2 heals, 6 dps; if 1 heals and 2 dps are freeloaders then you have a much worse chance of killing the boss.

all of this aside it is stupid because this thread is basically 100% bullshit. OP made it up. 100% pulled it out of his ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo LFR should be a solo queue with NPCs as co-players. Imagine how that awesome it could be, fighting alongside major characters.

A way to make you learn how to raid properly. If you die, you've failed.
    Last edited by Droes; 2020-07-08 at 01:51 PM.

I mean if we are finally getting rid of the charade can we just mail you gear every week and in exchange you stay out of raiders and pvpers discussing balance?

D-did you just present your suggestion in the form of a meme of a guy who hasn't worked at Blizzard in more than 6 years? And moreover, used his likeness despite that he has been on record saying "the LFR is the worst feature I worked on for WoW."

I... I don't know what I feel about this. But this is a terrible idea regardless.

the only way to make this possible would be to tune the raid for 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 dps, otherwise the Q are gonna be way too long

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    the only way to make this possible would be to tune the raid for 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 dps, otherwise the Q are gonna be way too long
    5mythic dungeon works fine with 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps. The ratio of tank/healer to dps is even better at LFR then mythic+ dungeons.
    So, I think when LFR+ 10 man gives loots that gives truly progression to your gear and "rotated system". So you cannot choose all LFR+ raids one week, but just one. Kinda same as Warfront rotation system or that Timewalking raid.
    Then the queue shouldnt that be long anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Droes View Post
    Imo LFR should be a solo queue with NPCs as co-players. Imagine how that awesome it could be, fighting alongside major characters.

A way to make you learn how to raid properly. If you die, you've failed.
    No matter what else happens, the attempt could end as soon as you die so you have to learn the mechanics for the role you’re playing. I like this idea.