Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Is the interest level so low for classic that fundamental changes to the game don't even get comments anymore?
    How can you look at the list of changes in the OP and think any of it was ever intended?

Jesus, the NO CHANGES AT ALL crowd has brain worms. If you want a shitty broken game just go play on a shitty broken private server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these changes are nonissue changes that don't affect the core gameplay philosophy and gameplay loop for anyone but botters and exploiters. The AV exploit/loophole fixes* are designed to preserve the spirit and intent of the original 1.12 release.

If you want a change to take umbrage with, take umbrage with the instance cap. That is a clear-cut example of a change that hurts players, especially those chain-running dungeons for items/xp or gold farming, in a misaimed attempt to hurt botters.

* Don't be pedantic. Everyone reading above a third-grade reading level knows bug and exploit fixes are, by nature of what they are, changes. You aren't clever or 300IQ for so helpfully pointing that out. People who don't feel the need to sniff loudly and intrude on every conversation within earshot with, "Well, actually," understand that when someone says 'fix,' it refers to fixing a bug, exploit, or loophole that runs against the spirit of 1.12's design intent. When people on this forum say 'change,' it's referring to a significant shift in the core gameplay loop or design philosophy--for example, putting a daily cap on instances per account, or if they were to begin large-scale alterations in class design or talent trees.

Don't be That Guy on the forums. All it's going to do is earn you a reputation for being the kind of nasally-voiced know-nothing-know-it-all dingus people make fun of in the guild Discord.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-07-08 at 02:18 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

These aren't massive changes at all.

Pssst OP, wanna know a secret?

The #nochanges crowd doesn’t exist, and never has. Just in your head. It always was a hyperbole response to people requesting a multitude of quality of life changes. People like you just have trouble identifying this.

These are fixes to make stuff “working as intended”. The only “change” blizzard has made was the 4 additional bagslots. While that may be something people dislike, I think it’s safe to say nobody quit the game over that, and everybody will survive.

SHUT your worthless hole, this is fantastic and how it always should have been, stay salty and play your retail garbage and leave us alone, tybai.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I wish they'd change world buffs.
    Amen, making entering an instance remove world buffs would be the best possible change ever for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Developers shine positive light on their latest release during call to bosses.

Stay tuned, more news at 11.

I think classic is doing fine, considering what it is. But let's not delude ourselves by using an investor call as evidence of it's success. They also always said hots was doing great too.
    Actually if one of their games is underperforming they are known to just simply not announce them during the quarterly reports. Look at how long Heroes of the Storm didn't get any report and eventually we got a call that its going into maintenance mode. Warcraft 3: Reforged didn't get announced despite that it was the games first quarter which is usually where its the most succesful, basically telling us that people aren't happy with the game. If Classic gets announcements like it doubled or tripled subs, then its such a huge amount that I very much doubt that Blizzard is allowed to lie about it. Classic is doing more than fine but for some its just a hard fact to accept.

"The change won't fix that" is what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the topic is talking about the fact that early on, the most tiny of perceived change caused absolute outrage on this forum. Now much larger changes go completely unnoticed.
    So fucking what?

The populace has spoken: The experience is more important than some inane motto like "#NoChange" by a crowd that probably doesn't even play.

I love the people in this thread throwing low blows, such as calling someone "easily influenced" and whatnot, for trying to justify an obvious bug/exploit. We know which ones of you are clearly the ones who need unfair advantages to get what they want in order to succeed. I mean, what will Blizzard ever do by making a fix (yes, fixes are changes, get over it you children) that only impacts, what, <1% of the players total in the entire game who were using it? They should be ashamed for making that fix! #NoChangesBecauseILikeUsingAPointlessHashtagThatMeansNothingAndNeverWill #BeingPartOfTheIllogicalOnePercentIsLegit

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    Original AV would have never existed in Classic because people figured out early that ignoring each other has greater returns than mindlessly running into each other in the field of noobs....I mean field of strife due to diminishing honor returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post

The #nochanges crowd doesn’t exist, and never has. Just in your head. It always was a hyperbole response to people requesting a multitude of quality of life changes. People like you just have trouble identifying this.

These are fixes to make stuff “working as intended”. The only “change” blizzard has made was the 4 additional bagslots. While that may be something people dislike, I think it’s safe to say nobody quit the game over that, and everybody will survive.
    The #nochanges crowd completely exists. It is just many of them were beat down because their rose coloured glasses were shattered by the release of this game and how simple it really is. They had their fantasy that Vanilla was a difficult monster shattered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    How can you look at the list of changes in the OP and think any of it was ever intended?

Jesus, the NO CHANGES AT ALL crowd has brain worms. If you want a shitty broken game just go play on a shitty broken private server.
    Here is the thing that the release of Classic did though, it showed how poorly designed many of those private servers were because they made assumptions based off of tacit knowledge they thought they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Original AV would have never existed in Classic because people figured out early that ignoring each other has greater returns than mindlessly running into each other in the field of noobs....I mean field of strife due to diminishing honor returns.

- - - Updated - - -

The #nochanges crowd completely exists. It is just many of them were beat down because their rose coloured glasses were shattered by the release of this game and how simple it really is. They had their fantasy that Vanilla was a difficult monster shattered.
    I’ve never seen a single person argue that Classic was going to have mechanically complex content.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

No one complains about positive changes

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    nobody should really care about these changes
    This sums it up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I’ve never seen a single person argue that Classic was going to have mechanically complex content.
    Prior to classic coming out, there were constant threads about how difficult Vanilla was because MC and Ony took months to clear, BWL killed so many guilds, AQ40 was only cleared by 5% of guild and beyond the first 5 easy bosses of Naxx it was only seen by 1% of the player base. Many people called Vanilla the most difficult raiding experience there was.....funny part is most of these people never seen it back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post

Precisely this. Arkanon and all the rest are simply trol... er, posting for reaction. Because anyone who was around for those threads knows that this was the context for the no changes movement. People were advocating for all kinds of substantial changes to how the game was played (revising specs, etc) which ran counter to what Classic was and is intended to be, a close but imperfect recreation of Vanilla. No one really expected them to release the code from each patch in order. The phases, spaced out at about the pace that they were in vanilla, feels like a very good real world compromise.

These changes are minor and of no consequence. But children will post to see if they can get a reaction and act like they're important. Just do what I do... ignore the tantrum and it will pass.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-07-08 at 03:18 PM.

the loud #nochanges movement has realized that some changes are for the better.

don't ever allow wow-token into classic, it won't fix the bot problems. it will only legalize pay2win.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-07-08 at 03:23 PM.

I Played vanilla all through retail minor break in wod/bfa...and I think improving classic by fixing obvious bugs/exploits is a good thing..

The nochanges crowd was ridiculous from the start because the biggest change in WoW Classic was the realm populations which everything else that was designed around a smaller population is completly broken by (lotus as a big example of this)

Fixing exploits? I was expecting you to at least complain about the inventory space thing, which does impact game balance even a little bit and isn't a bug fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Developers’ notes: As always, our intention is to accurately represent the 1.12 design intent of the game, and these bugs are clear examples of behaviors that were never intended.

It may have taken 15 years but they fixed the exploits.
    I don't play classic, but I do recall Blizzard saying that vanilla would come with all the original bugs included - which I think is what OP is mad about.

That or he's Horde and is butthurt Alliance stand a chance in AV now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If I open a shopping center and it floods with zombies, I'll be sure to praise the massive success of the crowds my business was able to attract.
    You could say the same thing about WoW as a whole.
    I might as well as say Fortnite failed, but that's false, because it is successful.

Simply because you don't like a product, doesn't mean it failed, that's a [You] Problem, not a [Product] problem.

Saying something "failed" is a factual statement, which you failed to back up.
    Developers shine positive light on their latest release during call to bosses.
    They said it caused the biggest growth in the franchises history and it's strongly implied to have more than doubled the subs even ~5 months after release.

So yeah, for a investor's call, this is rather precise information.

And obviously the fact that TBC has already been strongly hinted at, if Classic wasn't a success, they wouldn't touch TBC.
    They also always said hots was doing great too.
    Issue of HotS was however a poor management on Blizzards part, they kept pumping money into the E-Sports section despite it clearly not having a success there.

Not to mention, the production value and running cost of Classic aren't that big most likely, as opposed to HotS where they kept hosting massive E-sport events with viewerships that not even closely justified the production value of these things.

The HotS comparison is poor at best and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by UpsideDownCoffee View Post
    That or he's Horde and is butthurt Alliance stand a chance in AV now.
    By the time this "change" actually matters, the Alliance has already been pushed into their own territory where it doesn't make much of a difference for Horde not having that path.
    Once Alliance bunkers down on Dun Baldar, they already lost most of the time because they have a nonexistant offense and Horde is just wears them down until Aidstation is tapped.

All it does is making it slightly more annoying for non stealth classes to enter Dun Baldar to tap towers early on.

As long as Alliance continues to lose battles even right next to Stonehearth GY, this fix has no impact on the Meta.

This is the irony this discussion: It changes nothing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-07-08 at 04:15 PM.