Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Wowhead is speculating that Blizzard may be deciding warpaint/tattoos doesn't fit the Blood Elf aesthetic and hence why they're receiving all these different body jewelries instead.

Still a ways to go on the customization front tho it appears, so we'll have to see what it looks like a couple months down the line from today imo.
    Fuuuuuuukkkk that. Body jewelry is garbage.

Yeah something like that would make 1000% sense and I'm all for it, hope to see it.

On the flip side, I'd hope Void/High Elves get access to warpaint to mirror Alleria.
    Yeah. Although I can agree to that, I do hope that they don't start forsaking actual Void Elf options just to veer more towards the High Elf side.

Maybe make various war paints, 2 or 3 more High Elf-like and then a few that are Void-like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    I won't be happy until we have High Elves as a proper race with its own racials, mount and heritage armor. Preferably even their own starting zone
    You'll be unhappy for a long time, then.

Also you forgot Goblins and Worgen.

I won't be happy until we have High Elves as a proper race with its own racials, mount and heritage armor. Preferably even their own starting zone, because I think it's time to return to new races having their own starting zone. Last proper race we've gotten was Pandaren. Draenei and Blood Elves were the only ones that both got 2 starting zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly that looks horrible for a High Elf. The blue of the eyes is not the right kind of blue, the skin color and hair doesn't match. It's so obviously still a Void Elf.
    It took us nearly 1,000 pages to even get any version of the High Elf on the Alliance, which will finally be via customizations through The Void Elf. I'm happy with this compromise, ecstatic even because I never imagined we'd even get this an year ago TBH. I was hopeful, but hope and realism are separate. I honestly, even the optimist in me, see them adding Playable High Elves, marketed as such, complete with their own "starting zone." Now that's just dreaming too big.

Wowhead is speculating that Blizzard may be deciding warpaint/tattoos doesn't fit the Blood Elf aesthetic and hence why they're receiving all these different body jewelries instead.

Still a ways to go on the customization front tho it appears, so we'll have to see what it looks like a couple months down the line from today imo.
    This does not surprise me. I said for a long time that Blizzard seemed to want to give blood elves a fancy high society look. The farstrider tattoos are more due to fans looking back into old games to suggest different looks for high elves than anything Blizzard has done or hinted in over 20 years.

I do hope blood elves get some sort of runes like in that TBC box art, however. That feels more likely right now. With orcs getting not one or two, but three layers of customizable textures over skins (scars, tatoos AND body paint), I feel more races will get options like those in the second pass. Cross your fingers.

BTW, the alpha cliente/servers are not updated yet. None of the datamined changes are available yet. I hope Blizzard activate the new build soon.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah. Although I can agree to that, I do hope that they don't start forsaking actual Void Elf options just to veer more towards the High Elf side.

Maybe make various war paints, 2 or 3 more High Elf-like and then a few that are Void-like.
    Some Void/Starry-esque tattoos/warpaint would be lovely as fuck alongside a couple High Elf ones!

You'll be unhappy for a long time, then.
    Been unhappy for a long time already. Waiting on the good times now.

Also you forgot Goblins and Worgen.
    I said two zones. Worgen only had 1, and Goblins had two small ones, sort of, that both covered the same levels as Gilneas, so can be counted as one, and Azshara was only a revamp. They started half-assing races with Worgen and Goblin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It took us nearly 1,000 pages to even get any version of the High Elf on the Alliance
    We don't have any version of High Elves on the Alliance. We have Void Elves. They will always be Void Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This does not surprise me. I said for a long time that Blizzard seemed to want to give blood elves a fancy high society look. The farstrider tattoos are more due to fans looking back into old games to suggest different looks for high elves than anything Blizzard has done or hinted in over 20 years.

I do hope blood elves get some sort of runes like in that TBC box art, however. That feels more likely right now. With orcs getting not one or two, but three layers of customizable textures over skins (scars, tatoos AND body paint), I feel more races will get options like those in the second pass. Cross your fingers.

BTW, the alpha cliente/servers are not updated yet. None of the datamined changes are available yet. I hope Blizzard activate the new build soon.
    Fully agree it isn't surprising. It was very easy to see the intention Blizzard has had with Blood Elves. They're the uppity/pompous/'I'm better than you' posh types and thus their customizations will reflect that just as most of their /silly and /flirt do right now.

While the servers aren't up. Wowhead has updated their Dressing Room with the new High Elf skin tones for Void Elves!! That's some proper goodness for now.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316788/...tones-vulpera-

Been unhappy for a long time already. Waiting on the good times now..
    They're not coming.

Blizzard is not going to add Blood Elves who can more or less be High Elves, Void Elves who can more or less be High Elves and then a third race of High Elves with their own mounts, armor, leveling zone, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Some Void/Starry-esque tattoos/warpaint would be lovely as fuck alongside a couple High Elf ones!
    I feel like the Alleria war paints could also look good in a starry purple.

5+ Year Old Account
    We don't have any version of High Elves on the Alliance. We have Void Elves. They will always be Void Elves.
    They're High Elves in the same sense that Bronzebeard Dwarves with some tattoos are Wildhammer Dwarves and recognized as such by the developers of the game.

If you want to continue to stamp your foot about 'proper High Elves' be my guest, but as far as Blizzard is concerned this is giving High Elves just like they've given us Wildhammer Dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like the Alleria war paints could also look good in a starry purple.
    That would very much looks awesome. Along with access to the new violet eyes!

They're not coming.
    Then they're not coming. What now? Void Elves are still not High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard is not going to add Blood Elves who can more or less be High Elves, Void Elves who can more or less be High Elves and then a third race of High Elves with their own mounts, armor, leveling zone, etc.
    Yeah, I don't know what any of that gibberish means, but it's not hard to add proper High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

They're High Elves in the same sense that Bronzebeard Dwarves with some tattoos are Wildhammer Dwarves
    Bad comparison. Void Elves have literal Void abilities. You can't be a High Elf with Void abilities. That literally makes you a Void Elf.

Then they're not coming. What now? Void Elves are still not High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I don't know what any of that gibberish means, but it's not hard to add proper High Elves.
    It's pretty clear Blizzard doesn't have any intention to do so. It has been for a while.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bad comparison. Void Elves have literal Void abilities. You can't be a High Elf with Void abilities. That literally makes you a Void Elf.
    It's not a bad comparison at all. Blizzard didn't care about racials for Wildhammer when instituting them in, neither did they care about racials for Void Elves when instituting High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's pretty clear Blizzard doesn't have any intention to do so. It has been for a while.
    And before Blizzard had added Void Elves to the Alliance, they've also said Blood Elves are gonna stay on the Horde side. They've said many things about Pandaren and Demon Hunters. What they say is irrelevant. They say many things that either are outright lies or things they just later change their minds about. Especially if the community convinces them. Are you new?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a bad comparison at all. Blizzard didn't care about racials for Wildhammer when instituting them in, neither did they care about racials for Void Elves when instituting High Elves.
    You are being ignorant on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

Given that there hasn't been a single Blood Elf character that harkens to that Farstrider look that Alleria uses since their introduction, to me it has never felt like a possibility. Even Rommath like tattoos and scar/runes feel unlikely (but a lot less so) cause they are mostly BC concepts that we haven't seen brought forward a lot.

But, if they can't even bring us back to the start of Blood Elf aesthetics (BC) I certainly doubt a lot more they are going to bring us even further into aesthetics that were never even used on Blood Elves since introduction.

5+ Year Old Account
    You are being ignorant on purpose.
    You're projecting. Ignorance would be ignoring what the developers have been saying about these new customizations coming to players in Shadowlands.

In the end players who want their High Elves and Wildhammers are going to enjoy themselves so much they won't even notice the petty people who try and go, 'BUT ACSHULLEE'.

And before Blizzard had added Void Elves to the Alliance, they've also said Blood Elves are gonna stay on the Horde side. They've said many things about Pandaren and Demon Hunters. What they say is irrelevant. They say many things that either are outright lies or things they just later change their minds about. Especially if the community convinces them. Are you new?
    Are you?

Everything even close to High Elves we have now is despite Blizzards incessant need to reinvent the wheel with elves. It budges and budges, but eventually it will no more. VE were the first obvious sign they would rather create a whole type of elf than to make HE's playable, and now the normal skin tones further point to a total lack of intention of making HE's playable on their own.

The trend is right there. But if you wanna be delusional about it so be it.

Fully agree it isn't surprising. It was very easy to see the intention Blizzard has had with Blood Elves. They're the uppity/pompous/'I'm better than you' posh types and thus their customizations will reflect that just as most of their /silly and /flirt do right now.

While the servers aren't up. Wowhead has updated their Dressing Room with the new High Elf skin tones for Void Elves!! That's some proper goodness for now.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316788/...tones-vulpera-
    I'm checking the dressing room right now.

It's interesting that many allied races got some options added. Like Zandalari and Vulpera eye colors, or lightforged and zandalari getting some options (tendrils/facial hair for former, jewelry types for later) split.

Next builds will be interesting. I feel we will have a lot of minor additions for all races, including allied ones.
    Whatever...

Void Elves who can look identical to High Elves, can run dungeons with humans and dwarves, and rest in Alliance capital cities.

- - - Updated - - -

You're projecting. Ignorance would be ignoring what the developers have been saying about these new customizations coming to players in Shadowlands.

In the end players who want their High Elves and Wildhammers are going to enjoy themselves so much they won't even notice the petty people who try and go, 'BUT ACSHULLEE'.
    Pretty much the point of the new customizations. Stop screeching over High Elves and ask for something new. We're getting them via Void Elves. It's a perfect compromise.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Void Elves who can look identical to High Elves, can run dungeons with humans and dwarves, and rest in Alliance capital cities.

Pretty much the point of the new customizations. Stop screeching over High Elves and ask for something new. We're getting them via Void Elves. It's a perfect compromise.
    A-MEN

Looks very High Elf to me I'm satisfied! All the unique Alliance armors are now going to look sooooooooooo good on the Alliance High Elves!

5+ Year Old Account
    @Allan Coe is right.

Even tho Alliance players are getting something to play as High elves, we should still bring out the message that an Allied race will always be better for the reasons that go along with it being an Allied race, no matter what we think the odds are or how much it is just covered.