Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

120€ for Shadowlands CE on Amazon

I remember when they were 70€, and they had more in them, like the Behind the Scenes DvD

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Enough whales will buy it and it'll keep getting more and more expensive
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I too remember the time before the inflation got to this point.

50€ is not inflation lol

Absolute bargain!

And we had to ride to the store and back, uphill both ways in the rain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    50€ is not inflation lol
    And I also remember when they didn't include a 60€ boost and a month of gametime.

But nah, they probably just hiked the price out of pure greed.

I got every CE until BfA, when the price went up and items went down. Seeing this, what it contains and for that price, makes me not buy one again.. it's sad to see, i was really hoping SL CE would be great again And tbf i rather have rl items instead of the ingame boost..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    And I also remember when they didn't include a 60€ boost and a month of gametime.

Ah the boost and gametime excuse. It had to come. I wonder why they include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    And we had to ride to the store and back, uphill both ways in the rain as well.
    just rain? blizzards!

A lot don't care for them... I got the level boosts for 100, 110 and 120 still unused clogging up my character screen...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melvinvinyl View Post
    I got every CE until BfA, when the price went up and items went down. Seeing this, what it contains and for that price, makes me not buy one again.. it's sad to see, i was really hoping SL CE would be great again And tbf i rather have rl items instead of the ingame boost..
    I bought the CE for the ingame goodies, but now with digital deluxe these CEs are just redundant now.

120€ for a game that could end up like bfa, no thanks.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I remember when they were 70€, and they had more in them, like the Behind the Scenes DvD
    I remember when people bought CEs of the games that they actually wanted the CEs for.

What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    A lot don't care for them... I got the level boosts for 100, 110 and 120 still unused clogging up my character screen...
    Yeah and the reason they include them is so they can jack up the price on a physical collector's edition, that people don't buy for things like boosts and gametime. Also it gives them an excuse not to refund preorders, because if you've used up the game time, they'll just refuse it when they otherwise wouldn't. Had it happen to me, and they refused to subtract 30 days from my already remaining gametime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    I remember when people bought CEs of the games that they actually wanted the CEs for.

What's your point?
    Please make sense.

Please make sense.
    I am making far more sense than you are.

You start.

Level boosts have been included in the standard edition of expansions since WoD. Only in Shadowlands, the first expansion to now have three price tiers, did they move it to the "Heroic Edition." Don't pretend like it's the reason this collector's edition is more expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    they're getting my money with this one because of the return of the mousepad, ez. i missed having one for bfa, that was my first signal something was really "off" with it as an expac. the mousepad looks awesome, excited as always for my art book and soundtrack, and I welcome the covenant pins!
    Same, I just pre-ordered it on Amazon. I love physical CEs with tons of extras.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Sarcastic remark - ..and Cokes costed a quarter.

Real remark - I mean, this clearly isn't for you. I don't piss myself at the marketing for something I was never going to buy to begin with. Art book=bought without second thought.

I have to wonder if there are really people out there who believe that replacing actual PHYSICAL collector items with a simple database change (=Boost), which does not cost Activision a single Cent to "produce", is in any way, shape or form an "adequate" update.

For me, personally, BFA marked the end of WoW as i knew and loved it. So far, SL does not look at all like going back to what i loved about this game and the lore does not convince me in the slightest. I would never pay 120€ to have a POS on my shelf that reminds me how much Blizzard hates me. I already have an ugly Orc statue for that.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-07-08 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when people simply didn't buy something if they decided they didn't want it/think it was a good value. As opposed to now, where people feel the need to blog and tweet and create useless 1-sentence forum topics about anything that isn't exactly what they think it should be.

Good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I have to wonder if there are really people out there who believe that replacing actual PHYSICAL collector items with a simple database change (=Boost), which does not cost Activision a single Cent to "produce", is in any way, shape or form an "adequate" update.

For me, personally, BFA marked the end of WoW as i knew and loved it. So far, Sl does not look at all like going back to what i loved about this game and the lore does not convince me in the slightest. I would never pay 120€ to have a POS on my shelf that reminds me how much Blizzard hates me. I already have an ugly Orc statue for that.
    Gotta love useful feedback like "WoW isn't the way I want, Blizzard hates me."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.