Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Shadowlands is secretly shaping up to be a Super-8.3

Obligatory weekly Renown grind
    Obligatory weekly Torgast grind
    Obligatory weekly Caps
    Catch-up systems that require you to run stuff over-and-over on your alts until you've run as many times as your main in order to "start playing"
    Forced stuff to do that doesn't include whatever it is that you like, doesn't include gearing and serves only the pupose of "not being behind"
    Obligatory hours-long grind on every character before you start doing all of the above

This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down

Am I missing something? I really want shadowlands to take us back in the direction of good Gameplay, fun alts and so forward
    Is there something I missed in the dev vlog?
    Last edited by Nuba; 2020-07-08 at 08:42 PM.

Wow I think you need a break from the game and the internet.

As mythic raider - 8.3 is one of the best patches ever. Corruption makes gearing actually matter and not braindead equip the highest ilvl.
    All my alts have nearly the same ilvl as my main with the same cloak level(takes 20 minutes a week per alt).
    My classes feel super fun, fast, and rewarding.

Hands down, if SL ends up like an even better version of 8.3 we will have a very very good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    As mythic raider - 8.3 is one of the best patches ever. Corruption makes gearing actually matter and not braindead equip the highest ilvl.
    All my alts have nearly the same ilvl as my main with the same cloak level(takes 20 minutes a week per alt).
    My classes feel super fun, fast, and rewarding.

Hands down, if SL ends up like an even better version of 8.3 we will have a very very good time.
    is that really the community opinion? The negativity in the vlog's chat history about it is really palpable

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    is that really the community opinion? The negativity in the vlog's chat history about it is really palpable
    Corruption can be a lot of fun, but it completely broke PvP. This doesn't effect me personally as I don't play WoW to PvP, but can sympathise with those players.

For PvE (as a Healer), I've been having a lot of fun with Corruptions, especially in farm content. The rest of 8.3 however, is terrible (IMO).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down
    Just... don't buy the game if you don't think it's fun?

I mean, it's beyond the point of feedback once the beta starts, because they ain't changing the heavy stuff anymore.

And several players have displayed positivity when presented with the current iteration of Shadowlands, so it's not like they are designing the game just to filter you out.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

I mean, it's beyond the point of feedback once the beta starts, because they ain't changing the heavy stuff anymore.

And several players have displayed positivity when presented with the current iteration of Shadowlands, so it's not like they are designing the game just to filter you out.
    He probably already bought it. One of those that pay but whine.

Idk man try to get a refund or something, you won't accomplish anything here or in general anymore.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    He probably already bought it. One of those that pay but whine.
    I refuse to believe that someone aware of Blizzard's track record (Legion and BfA) would actually PRE-ORDER AN EXPANSION and not expect a grind, a cap and whatever else were notorious in both of those expansions.

That would be absolutely lunatic, bordering on masochism.

Obligatory weekly Caps
    Catch-up systems that require you to run stuff over-and-over on your alts until you've run as many times as your main in order to "start playing"
    Forced stuff to do that doesn't include whatever it is that you like, doesn't include gearing and serves only the pupose of "not being behind"
    Obligatory hours-long grind on every character before you start doing all of the above

Am I missing something? I really want shadowlands to take us back in the direction of good Gameplay, fun alts and so forward
    There has NEVER, EVER been an iteration of the game where there have been no weekly caps to achieve. If you don't like it, maybe it took you too long to realise that WoW isn't the game for you. Also usually the complainers are on the forums, so of course you see the negativity only.

Ah right. Twitch chat -- known across the land far and wide for being the most balanced, accurate snapshot of any given community.

You can't be fucking serious.

My current issue with the way they develop these expansions is that they only allow testing at max level until beta at the earliest. Since most of this game is played at max level, that means that by the time you can actually test the max level systems it is "too late."

5+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory weekly Caps

What you're missing is that 8.3 with corruption vendors and therefore NO RNG is actually extremely good and a lot of fun to play.

Sorry you don't like it, guess this game is not for you.

I refuse to believe that someone aware of Blizzard's track record (Legion and BfA) would actually PRE-ORDER AN EXPANSION and not expect a grind, a cap and whatever else were notorious in both of those expansions.

That would be absolutely lunatic, bordering on masochism.
    You seem to be new on the internetz. Need a tour?

You seem to believe people learn from their actions and mistakes. Hint: They don't. At least most of them.

And as for OP? Grind in an MMO? Who would've thunk it.

If grind is not for you, look for other genres. Really. You won't find an MMO without a grind on the current market. It just won't happen. You can thank me later.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    most of this game is played at max level
    There's a good chunk done a max level, yes, but since it can be done on the difficulty levels presented by Heroic Dungeons and LFR, it's not that important to balance it, so fine tuning isn't such a big priority.

The competitive part of the game is like a... postgame, something that most don't engage with - hence the resources being removed from that and injected into A NEW YAAATCH FOR THE KOTICK!

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This could quite possibly be the most incorrect thing ever written about raiding.

No raider on earth was happy your guild's version of Johnny Awesome could roll a couple of bis corruptions and that accounted for 30% of his dps and see him rocket to the top of the meters through literal RNG procs of RNG corruptions on RNG gear.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    What you're missing is that 8.3 with corruption vendors and therefore NO RNG is actually extremely good and a lot of fun to play.

Sorry you don't like it, guess this game is not for you.
    There is still a lot of RNG involved, some of the corruptions are very expensive from the vendor and they only come up every what 4-5 weeks? You also have other uses for the echoes (essences on alts, cloak upgrades if you're behind). For example I know people who are literally saving and paying the 15k for TD while my main has several pieces with rank1, 2 and 3 just from loot RNG, it's significant especially in the short-medium term.

I think 8.3 in general is good though, and corruptions are fun, but if the game was like this for the long term though I'd hate it, Infinite Stars and Twilight Dev take RNG to the extreme because they have a very inconsistent proc-rate and each proc is a massive chunk of damage. It's hilarious but there is only long that the hilarity can continue, I hope Shadowlands is a bit more grounded, and balanced.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down
    Did you not play 6.1 or 6.2? 4.1? 2.2? 4.3? All of these are easily worst than 8.3.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    You seem to be new on the internetz. Need a tour?

You seem to believe people learn from their actions and mistakes. Hint: They don't. At least most of them.
    I know man.

But this is just sooo absurd. I'm just being dramatic.

OP is saying that the new Apple shown by the Apple Farm looks just like the two other Apples he ate from the same company.
    And he ordered a full box already?

That would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    This could quite possibly be the most incorrect thing ever written about raiding.

No raider on earth was happy your guild's version of Johnny Awesome could roll a couple of bis corruptions and that accounted for 30% of his dps and see him rocket to the top of the meters through literal RNG procs of RNG corruptions on RNG gear.
    Yeah but that's not true anymore. At this point with the vendors you can buy whatever you want. The RNG of certain corruptions is dumb (like IS), but most specs don't even use that anymore.

Running a 100% crit scorch-only build or having super fast casts as a warlock is amazing. Shadowlands is going to feel like playing the game in mud after this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Why wouldn't they be happy? Dude got randomly powerful and now is way more helpful.

I mean, the only reason to not be happy is... envy, but that is a ugly feeling.

If you were talking about PvP on the other hand or any competitive setting, then yes, it would be tragic.