Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    Pretty sure fixing an exploit that wasn't meant to be a part of the game, is a fix. You're literally arguing that Blizzard should keep actual bugs in the game. I don't play Classic, but i'm pretty sure that's not what #NoChanges intends.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Is the interest level so low for classic that fundamental changes to the game don't even get comments anymore?
    Is it just me or does it seem there's still this crowd of guy's that are angry that classic wow was released, that it's way more popular than they thought it would be, and are made that it's got a reputation for being better than retail? lol. These folks always used to pop up when people would ask for a classic server back in the day, would claim it would never happen, and now that they were proven wrong on all levels they just can't get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Prior to classic coming out, there were constant threads about how difficult Vanilla was because MC and Ony took months to clear, BWL killed so many guilds, AQ40 was only cleared by 5% of guild and beyond the first 5 easy bosses of Naxx it was only seen by 1% of the player base. Many people called Vanilla the most difficult raiding experience there was.....funny part is most of these people never seen it back then.
    Sure, and I’ve never seen any of those arguments rely on the mechanical complexity of the fights. They relied on the perceived length of time to properly gear for and access the content.

Nobody ever said that the content was mechanically complex.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Pretty sure fixing an exploit that wasn't meant to be a part of the game, is a fix. You're literally arguing that Blizzard should keep actual bugs in the game. I don't play Classic, but i'm pretty sure that's not what #NoChanges intends.
    Yes, they shouldnt fix bugs that existed in original game. It's been told before Classic launched - we dont trust Blizzard to fix it properly, so just dont touch anything.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Yes, they shouldnt fix bugs that existed in original game. It's been told before Classic launched - we dont trust Blizzard to fix it properly, so just dont touch anything.
    I don't have the highest opinion of blizzard but think so far they've done well with classic. The stuff in AV they fixed were obvious exploits, obviously if they try to make changes to the talent trees, or add in something like a paid leveling boost, a lot of people would be up in arms though.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Sure, and I’ve never seen any of those arguments rely on the mechanical complexity of the fights. They relied on the perceived length of time to properly gear for and access the content.

Nobody ever said that the content was mechanically complex.
    They still said it was some of the hardest content ever made. And have been proven wrong, repeatedly. You are now attempting to twist what they were saying to make yourself correct still. Sorry but you are still technically wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    The community is what drags Classic for me, it isn't any of the changes they've made.

They still said it was some of the hardest content ever made. And have been proven wrong, repeatedly. You are now attempting to twist what they were saying to make yourself correct still. Sorry but you are still technically wrong.
    Only because you keep defining “harder” as “mechanically complex” when that’s not what anyone meant.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

AV was a "thing" for maby the first 3-4 months of classic, if even that. Nowdays noone cares.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody plays it anymore except weird pirate server kids that try-hard the hell out of everything. Nobody cares at all.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    This was not the original AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You continue down that path and before long Classic won't even resemble Vanilla. That was the point of #nochanges: you take the bad with the good.

What should actually change is people taking the game so damn seriously and complaining about every little imbalance, injustice, or 'exploit'. People need to chill out, relax and realize it's just a video game. This constant nitpicking is what sucked the life and soul out of the game in the first place.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2020-07-08 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Nobody plays it anymore except weird pirate server kids that try-hard the hell out of everything. Nobody cares at all.
    "I don't play it, therefor nobody plays it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Massive changes...

More like exploit and bugs fixes. These teenagers love to complain about everything.

Massive changes, would be double-spec, dungeon finder, barber, transmog, etc...
    Amazing - gameplay changes are not changes, but being able to cut your hair is a "massive change".

Original AV would have never existed in Classic because people figured out early that ignoring each other has greater returns than mindlessly running into each other in the field of noobs....I mean field of strife due to diminishing honor returns.

- - - Updated - - -

The #nochanges crowd completely exists. It is just many of them were beat down because their rose coloured glasses were shattered by the release of this game and how simple it really is. They had their fantasy that Vanilla was a difficult monster shattered.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the thing that the release of Classic did though, it showed how poorly designed many of those private servers were because they made assumptions based off of tacit knowledge they thought they had.
    Yes the #nochanges crowd exists... in your head

You realise you’re arguing against literally nobody? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Yes the #nochanges crowd exists... in your head

You realise you’re arguing against literally nobody? xD
    You realize you can not spell either.

"Massive" and "Fundamental" changes would be to like change class mechanics or spells, change raid boss abilities, change honor system etc. These changes are so incredibly minor it's not going to be even slightly noticeable by 99% of players (if not more).

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    "Massive" and "Fundamental" changes would be to like change class mechanics or spells, change raid boss abilities, change honor system etc. These changes are so incredibly minor it's not going to be even slightly noticeable by 99% of players (if not more).
    Someone just above claimed adding the barbershop would be a massive change, do you agree?

"Why are you not outraged???", the topic. Classic already had a ton of changes, time to give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    "Why are you not outraged???", the topic. Classic already had a ton of changes, time to give it a rest.
    Open season now you think? Is there a limit on what would be expected now or pretty much just #AllTheChanges

One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    People never got the original AV, they got the nerfed mess it turned into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.