Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Obligatory weekly Renown grind
    Obligatory weekly Torgast grind
    Obligatory weekly Caps
    Catch-up systems that require you to run stuff over-and-over on your alts until you've run as many times as your main in order to "start playing"
    Forced stuff to do that doesn't include whatever it is that you like, doesn't include gearing and serves only the pupose of "not being behind"
    Obligatory hours-long grind on every character before you start doing all of the above

This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down

Am I missing something? I really want shadowlands to take us back in the direction of good Gameplay, fun alts and so forward
    Is there something I missed in the dev vlog?
    if you think there will ever be a version of the game that lets you log on, raid or do some m+ and log off until next time, you are never going to be happy. because it hasnt been this for a long time and will likely never be this again.

we have no idea what the caps are for torghast (its going to be low probably, because it will take 2-3 weeks to get enough mats for a legendary). you have no idea what the anima per week is (heres a guess, its going to be like valor. its not going to be another neck grind) as for alts, i seem to remember having to do archimonde every week to keep my lego ring up. i remember having to wait on rng for legendaries in legion. expecting it to be less now? pretty silly.

so, feel free to play, or dont. complain or whatever. but this game probably isnt for you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Running a 100% crit scorch-only build or having super fast casts as a warlock is amazing. Shadowlands is going to feel like playing the game in mud after this.
    Absolutely, being able to optimise a character to a level that's never even been close to possible is amazing fun. Now there's a vendor months after prog stopped mattering.

My point was nonsense RNG corruptions entirely passively making you OP based purely on luck during prog is just bullshit and I don't believe a 'mythic raider' would ever forgive a patch for that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Why wouldn't they be happy? Dude got randomly powerful and now is way more helpful.

I mean, the only reason to not be happy is... envy, but that is a ugly feeling.
    Because it invalidates skill expression, it was exactly the same issue with the legiondaries. There is no point trying to be 'the best dk' on the server/in the region or melee dps in your guild when the guy you're competing against through pure uncontrollable luck gets an item that increases their dps by up to 30% just by equipping it.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-07-08 at 09:32 PM.

that's fair, it was terrible during world first prog.

But the vast majority of players (even raiders) still haven't killed nzoth, so they're going to have a different take.

I really like this patch! Just sucks it started so poorly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Because it invalidates skill expression, it was exactly the same issue with the legiondaries. There is no point trying to be 'the best dk' on the server/in the region or melee dps in your guild when the guy you're competing against through pure uncontrollable luck gets an item that increases their dps by up to 30% just by equipping it.
    Stop competing against random people playing the game?

What the fuck.

This could quite possibly be the most incorrect thing ever written about raiding.

No raider on earth was happy your guild's version of Johnny Awesome could roll a couple of bis corruptions and that accounted for 30% of his dps and see him rocket to the top of the meters through literal RNG procs of RNG corruptions on RNG gear.
    As a raid leader, I would be ecstatic to see my raid's lowest dps suddenly shoot to the top because he has good corruptions, because it means he's contributing now.

No, as a matter of fact, I actually do not care that it's coming from a proc on his gear. He's doing damage, I don't give a shit where that damage is coming from.

is that really the community opinion? The negativity in the vlog's chat history about it is really palpable
    Also as a mythic raider, this guy does not represent us at all. Although I do disagree w some of your points I just needed to throw out that the general census in the raiding community is we HATE corruption

Obligatory weekly Caps
    Catch-up systems that require you to run stuff over-and-over on your alts until you've run as many times as your main in order to "start playing"
    Forced stuff to do that doesn't include whatever it is that you like, doesn't include gearing and serves only the pupose of "not being behind"
    Obligatory hours-long grind on every character before you start doing all of the above

This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down

Am I missing something? I really want shadowlands to take us back in the direction of good Gameplay, fun alts and so forward
    if 8.3 is the worst patch you ever played,it really makes me wonder...when did you start this game?a few days ago?

15+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory weekly Caps

Really simple fix for this.. Dont play.
    Never understood why all the whining. No one is forcing you to play.
    If you dislike it so much why are you here?

Just sayin.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

If you were talking about PvP on the other hand or any competitive setting, then yes, it would be tragic.
    Stop competing against random people playing the game?
    I'm not a detective but I think a keen-eyed observer might detect a bad faith argument in here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    As a raid leader, I would be ecstatic to see my raid's lowest dps suddenly shoot to the top because he has good corruptions, because it means he's contributing now.

No, as a matter of fact, I actually do not care that it's coming from a proc on his gear. He's doing damage, I don't give a shit where that damage is coming from.
    If he's that bad you have to rely on the two most egregious examples of RNG ever added to the game to not be carrying this person, maybe as a raid leader, you need to have a conversation with just you, him and the bench.

They test and get feedback for everything. They know people were gonna get mad at corruptions. But they wanted to keep people addicted. Once it dropped off they implemented the fix.

Your always gonna have mobile style features in wow now. Not sure why your ever surprised. Its a game to keep subs/money coming in. Just hope the gameplay is fun.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a detective but I think a keen-eyed observer might detect a bad faith argument in here somewhere.
    Are you in a competitive setting or not?

Because if yes, you are playing a bad game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's.. that's the whole game though.

Unpopular opinion : Until vaccine is not made , Keep the grind high to keep people stay at home

Yeah, the competitive part of the game that gets tons of views (between m+/arena) and a massive following (even among the developers!) during the world first race is totally irrelevant.

The lead developer is a Cutting Edge raider btw

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    if 8.3 is the worst patch you ever played,it really makes me wonder...when did you start this game?a few days ago?
    I started it at The Black Temple in TBC, got my first gladiator title in WOTLK as shadow priest, as a PvPer that does some mythic raiding and generally enjoys alts, there isnt something as bad as this. Obviously it depends on what you do and the level you play the game, but at least for me 8.3 felt like the bottom of the barrel.

is that really the community opinion? The negativity in the vlog's chat history about it is really palpable
    Don't listen to the people who are just "Noise" those guys woulden't know fun gameplay if it slapped them in the face lol.

This could quite possibly be the most incorrect thing ever written about raiding.

No raider on earth was happy your guild's version of Johnny Awesome could roll a couple of bis corruptions and that accounted for 30% of his dps and see him rocket to the top of the meters through literal RNG procs of RNG corruptions on RNG gear.
    It started worse. But imagine a world without these crazy proc rng corruptions, but instead more corruptions like stat amps etc. Also the fact that you can farm them. Great advanced gearing concept.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    if you think there will ever be a version of the game that lets you log on, raid or do some m+ and log off until next time, you are never going to be happy. because it hasnt been this for a long time and will likely never be this again.

we have no idea what the caps are for torghast (its going to be low probably, because it will take 2-3 weeks to get enough mats for a legendary). you have no idea what the anima per week is (heres a guess, its going to be like valor. its not going to be another neck grind) as for alts, i seem to remember having to do archimonde every week to keep my lego ring up. i remember having to wait on rng for legendaries in legion. expecting it to be less now? pretty silly.

so, feel free to play, or dont. complain or whatever. but this game probably isnt for you anymore.
    Honestly, I would only ask for a game I could level a character, farm some conquest/honor/whatever to get enough gear to compete in PvP and then play huge, long, sessions of Arenas while progressing in both skill level and gear.

I think you can apply this to Mythic dungeons and/or raid as well

So your totally legitimate unironic position is that mythic raiding (a hobby populated by mythic raiders) is not competitive. Are you sure you're going to lock that one in?

I do have to agree with one thing about this, and only one...

This is more like a giant patch than an expansion, the revamps and content in it are expansion sized but the actual new content is reletively minimal.

- 4 leveling zones with a single end game zone, we had that in legion.
    - Class Halls were better than Covenants and I honestly believe that Covenants will be completely redundant by 9.3
    - No new class to shake up the current balance or gameplay dynamic, and no new core races to add to a racial class balance dynamic, instead we get 1 new ability for every class plus a generic covenant one, sounds fun in theory, probably wont be in practice.
    - There will 100% be a best in slot covenant for X class and spec no matter how much people wanna avoid this, and people wont take people if your not in X covenant with Y class.