Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else changing covenants based on the endgame content revealed today?

I thought based on the previous previews that I would be joining the Kiryan covenant, but now, knowing that the Night Fae are going to have a farm system similar to Pandaria, I’m thinking about making a switch. Anyone else have their covenant choice affected by today’s stream?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    nope. I have based my choices for my Horde toons based on their class and my Alliance/other Horde toons will fill the transmog gaps

Nah, always going to pick them based off what ability was the most fun.

Nope. Instant, 2 Min CD teleport and cheat death all wrapped into one Covenant, too Stronk. Besides, I love pushing M+ keys so Venthyr won't be optional. Imagine how much easier M+ would be with 5 ports? Ya, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Nope. Instant, 2 Min CD teleport and cheat death all wrapped into one Covenant, too Stronk. Besides, I love pushing M+ keys so Venthyr won't be optional. Imagine how much easier M+ would be with 5 ports? Ya, exactly.
    I thought the utility one was for outside world only? Didnt they say that in blizzcon? Like the buff from bastion and the run speed for Night Fae? Maybe I misunderstood. I must have I guess!

Anyway, the stream only strengthened my decision of going mostly Venthyr and Necrolord on most of my character. Then a few on Night Fae. A real time party with Vampires and fleshcraft with the Necrolords? Count me in!

I guess for my characters choices it will be like:
    40% Venthyr
    35% Necrolord
    20% Night Fae
    5% Bastion.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-09 at 02:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    I thought based on the previous previews that I would be joining the Kiryan covenant, but now, knowing that the Night Fae are going to have a farm system similar to Pandaria, I’m thinking about making a switch. Anyone else have their covenant choice affected by today’s stream?
    I'll have mine finalized after i see what they are like in beta and besides i have massive amounts of 120's to have for all of them.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

15+ Year Old Account
    None of what was revealed today changed my opinions...I’ve yakked a lot on covenants with no real knowledge, so I’m hoping I get the beta and experience it first hand. In fact, the end game build a bom workshop for Maldraxxus frustrates me even more because I feel pigeonholed into Necrolords, and I’m not a fan.

But, like I said, I really want to get it in my hands and experience it.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

im sticking with venthyr, i care only about cosmetics tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Having an abomination following you who gives combat and herbalism buffs sounds good.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I thought the utility one was for outside world only? Didnt they say that in blizzcon? Like the buff from bastion and the run speed for Night Fae? Maybe I misunderstood. I must have I guess!
    Not in the, Preach video. It shows him use them in Dungeons and Torghast.

im a death knight, i was wondering which one i would join for lore/fun reason (yeah, i dont care for a +0.004% dmg lost if i join a convenant or another.. )

i thought i would go for the vampire one but seeing you can play/have fun with abominations, i would go for the necro one with my dk i think...

Not in the, Preach video. It shows him use them in Dungeons and Torghast.
    Ah okay, thanks for confirming it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    im a death knight, i was wondering which one i would join for lore/fun reason (yeah, i dont care for a +0.004% dmg lost if i join a convenant or another.. )

i thought i would go for the vampire one but seeing you can play/have fun with abominations, i would go for the necro one with my dk i think...
    I am going DK main in SL and I am going for necrolord on her. The transmogs looks so nice and the covenant abilities are cool!

I also got another DK, which was my first one from WotLK lol, going Venthyr on that one

I guess I didnt make it any easier now...

According to the general forums the cheat death was removed.
    Looking at the data mined calculators there's now just a big question mark.
    Last edited by hitman84; 2020-07-09 at 05:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I might change things around a bit depending on my alts. The most boring one seems to be Kyrian.

Good luck partying with Vampires like some Castlevania thing, doing magical farms, and building undead monsters people. Meanwhile, I've got a lovely date, called a mother fuckin' boss rush across the Shadowlands with Angels and shit known as the Path of Ascension. Oh fuck yes, dude. The Paladin in me is going ham rn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I might change things around a bit depending on my alts. The most boring one seems to be Kyrian.
    As soon as I hype up Kyrians as well, eh? D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    None of what was revealed today changed my opinions...I’ve yakked a lot on covenants with no real knowledge, so I’m hoping I get the beta and experience it first hand. In fact, the end game build a bom workshop for Maldraxxus frustrates me even more because I feel pigeonholed into Necrolords, and I’m not a fan.

But, like I said, I really want to get it in my hands and experience it.
    Bro, ik you feel Pigonholed into Necrolords cause of the cool ass Undead shaping thing...

But dude...

The Path of Ascension. Come on now!

Don't ever trust the people on this thread, they will ALL go with the mandatory one after a single week of looking mediocre for not picking the broken one

Kyrians have the class ability I'm most interested in as shaman, and the Path of Ascension sounds like a fun bit of solo content. But I dislike their whole aesthetic and generally find their general theme to be quite boring, so I'm torn. Guess I'll know for sure by the time I've finished leveling to 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

atm it's closer to 40% lost dmg not 0.004

I have to pick the best raid covenant... so i have to go venthyr probably no matter... yay me.

For Twink it will be Ardenweald no matter what

And the third i want to have a "build-a-bomination"

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    atm it's closer to 40% lost dmg not 0.004
    Ian himself made fun of that remark from Preach in the stream.

Obviously things arent balanced yet(not that it will ever be 100%, but cmon, ofcourse its not going live with a 40% disparity)