Any good single player RPGs like Dragon Age: Origins?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    If you like CRPGs like DAO, you can play
    • Planescape Torment
    • Baldur's Gate (1 and 2, don't play the new expansion crap)
    • Knights of the Old Republic
    • Mass Effect 1
    • Pillars of Eternity

If you want a great RPG and don't mind JRPGs, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Trails series. Start with Trails of Cold Steel 1 or Trails in the Sky First Chapter, whichever appeals to you most.

Besides what Val suggested you can also try Divinity Original Sin 2. Haven't played any other Divinity game, but that one was extremely good. It has extremely good customization, a lot of old school RPG elements (especially if you've played tabletop D&D), choices, etc. Although it has turn based combat if you don't mind that.

Jade empire. highly underrated classic bioware game. combat can take a moment to get used to but in terms of story, companions and choices - its really good.

10+ Year Old Account

best drifting game

Whats the most solid drifting game out there? Not just racing, but drifting specifically

NFS carbon still?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Probably one of those Japanese only PS2 era initial D eurobeat games.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Whats the most solid drifting game out there? Not just racing, but drifting specifically

NFS carbon still?
    Hey, Carbon is among the reasons I keep a PS2.

But, if you want drifting, there might be something for you in Grid 2 or Project Cars 2.

NFS carbon still?
    There's assetto corsa too, but since a 100% sim you need to be very good for drifting there
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    game about pirates? any genre

PUBG is one of the best game. i really love this game.

game about pirates? any genre
    Sid Meier's Pirates is fun but doesn't have much depth.

Sea of Thieves had a rough launch but I've heard that it has become really good. It's a sandbox game you play with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Sea of Thieves had a rough launch but I've heard that it has become really good. It's a sandbox game you play with friends.
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2003 game is pretty good if you like old stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

ive got sea of thieves just yday, but would like something more laidback with rpg elements. inb4 ac black flag. AC is shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to really dig into Final Fantasy as I've only beaten FF12 (I beat it 2 days ago lol), FF13, and FF14. Currently playing through FF7R but I'm looking for a turn based JRPG to cleanse my palate. I have FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10 + 10-2. Which one should I dive into?

10+ Year Old Account
    to people that played both: divinity original sin AND pillars of eternity
    whats better? whats the difference? sequels count also

both are on steam sale right now, about 2h left. need to make up my mind quick

10+ Year Old Account

I'd say Divinity Original Sin 2 is probably the best option if you have to choose one, haven't played the first one but from what I've played of the second it's just hours of fun with all the options you have both in character power builds and story choices and quest progression and the writing is top notch. All I know about the first is that it's more limited than the second game.

As for Pillars of Eternity, I played through the first one minus it's DLC and I didn't enjoy it as much. Everything is very limited, characters have to be built strictly for their roles in your party based on the tactics you're going for in combat, you're kinda cemented in what quest progression options you have available from character creation and the overall story started to make me lose interest the further I got to the end. There is some interesting writing for the companions and their backstories but it's not really enough to carry the whole game. Also not to mention the conclusion to one of the major quest lines regarding the stronghold was extremely unsatisfying for the effort put in personally.
    Haven't played Deadfire.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Trying to really dig into Final Fantasy as I've only beaten FF12 (I beat it 2 days ago lol), FF13, and FF14. Currently playing through FF7R but I'm looking for a turn based JRPG to cleanse my palate. I have FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10 + 10-2. Which one should I dive into?
    If you havent played octopath traveler yet then youre missing out. But to answer your question i suggest 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Dos: 2 is far better imo, its really just an amazing game that youll burn hours on, bonus it has co op and a campaign builder.

My recommendations would be FF4 (DS remake, has a PC port on Steam), FF9, and FF10. Be warned that FF10 is really slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also try Bravely Default/second. (made by same people that made octopath)

It does have some final fantasy elements:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNIbPaXr3OE

Thanks, guys for your lists and advice! I know what I will do at weekends. However, I had little experience with videogames. But I left that because I have to prefer old classic like slots, roulettes, poker. I know that it seems strange, but I am not urged to play and waste big sums of money. As for me, I have started from small and improve it. This field gives me an opportunity to use different strategies and check my fortune.