Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whither the Necrolords??

Apologies if this has been asked yet, but- why the heck do the Necrolords exist?? What external threat requires the level of badassery that is Primal Scourge???

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked yet, but- why the heck do the Necrolords exist?? What external threat requires the level of badassery that is Primal Scourge???
    The Light, the Void, Disorder, Order, Life...

I imagine they can bring similar forces to bear if need be.

You don't have a standing army without a reason.

The xel'naga, why else do you think the jailer influenced Arthas to raise kerriganslyvanas? She's the one who'd going to save us all.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-07-09 at 01:01 AM.

Also consider the Jailer. He might not be the first covenant leader to go crazy and need to be put down. Eternity's a long time.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

In Maldraxxus you come across mention of battles against the Light invading their region. And I vaguely recall hearing similar of the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Light, the Void, Disorder, Order, Life...

I imagine they can bring similar forces to bear if need be.

You don't have a standing army without a reason.
    But they're rather...overkill. They look like someone stitched together SEVERAL Godzillas to take out 16th century Colonials. I mean LOOK at them. Metal, indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Jailer and his Mawsworn, apparently. Although other dangers probably lurk in the infinite realms of the Shadowlands.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    In Maldraxxus you come across mention of battles against the Light invading their region. And I vaguely recall hearing similar of the Void.
    Thank you, haven't seen

But they're rather...overkill. They look like someone stitched together SEVERAL Godzillas to take out 16th century Colonials. I mean LOOK at them. Metal, indeed.
    Imagine what they are up against if they need forces like that.

Well the Maw is spooky enough to want to defend oneself from, plus there's tidbits in the Alpha about the Light and Void invading the Shadowlands, and finally we know the Legion already invested the place since they stole (the plans to?) Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination from there as well.

Also, because the Scourge looks cool and having a playable Scourge faction is cool. I assume that was the primary selling point for them internally and the rest above came afterwards.

Thank you, haven't seen
    No problem. I had to go digging for the screencaps I saw.

This is the one that mentions the Light and this mentions the Void Lords.

Imagine what they are up against if they need forces like that.
    My lightforged pally had an accident. My night elf DK had a Count episode

Since the shadowlands seems to be kind of a fake afterlife I think them requiring a military force is not that much out there. I still wonder why incorporeal beings would shape themselves to look like undead corporeal beings though. That seems entirely nonsensical.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since the shadowlands seems to be kind of a fake afterlife I think them requiring a military force is not that much out there. I still wonder why incorporeal beings would shape themselves to look like undead corporeal beings though. That seems entirely nonsensical.
    Interesting. Undead Seraphs indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sorry, but where are you getting any of that from? We have signs that the Shadowlands are not in their original state, but none that they aren't the true afterlife.
    There's also no reason to assume that any of these beings are incorporeal within the Shadowlands.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can completely imagine the Burning Legion invading the Shadowlands to get souls - they had lots of Soul Engines and Fel consumes that shit like M&Ms.

They could easily explain the Helm of Domination's plot by saying that the 'Jaeden and the Dreadlord Gang invaded the land of the dead to plunder, were pushed back by the Necrolords but ended up with a funny blade and a pointy hat.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I can completely imagine the Burning Legion invading the Shadowlands to get souls - they had lots of Soul Engines and Fel consumes that shit like M&Ms.

They could easily explain the Helm of Domination's plot by saying that the 'Jaeden and the Dreadlord Gang invaded the land of the dead to plunder, were pushed back by the Necrolords but ended up with a funny blade and a pointy hat.
    Primal Scourge vs Legion.....oooooh

Necrolords fought both the Light and the Void to protect Shadowlands in the past. You can see those snippets in the epitaphs you explore early on in Maldraxxus.

Primal Scourge vs Legion.....oooooh
    I wouldn't call them "primal scourge". They look similar, but are rather different in behaviour and identity.

I wouldn't call them "primal scourge". They look similar, but are rather different in behaviour and identity.
    Blizzard has described them as such. Canr find the quote