Poll: What did you think of the Stream?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Considering the poll results, it's easy to see most people agree with me.
    so you think it was ok/good or are you blind/delusional?
    cuz you made it seem like you thought it was TERRIBLE tbh.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-07-09 at 11:12 AM.

It was OK.

But I was kinda sad we didnt see a few new race/class-mixes, like nelf pala, draenei rogue, forsaken paladin and orc priest

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm not i'm just able to use logical reasoning.

THe plan is Q4 release wihich is oktober-november-december. Yesterday they said it would come this fall. Which is September-November.

These two overlap in Oktober/november.

TuTuTuTut are you a fucking train?
    Fall ends on December 22nd though.

EDIT: I mean, yeah, it depends on if you're talking astronomically or meteorologically. But I barely see people talking about seasons in meteorological way, it's always in astronomical way - to the point of these days being marked in calendars (first day of summer etc.).
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2020-07-09 at 11:26 AM.

there is a private beta up right now only for streamers but they will show some videos later today

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Fall ends on December 22nd though.

EDIT: I mean, yeah, it depends on if you're talking astronomically or meteorologically. But I barely see people talking about seasons in meteorological way, it's always in astronomical way - to the point of these days being marked in calendars (first day of summer etc.).
    yeah you're technically right but I think most people just use the months rather than the specific dates

So 75% thought it was acceptable, and 25% thought it wasn't.

Sounds like the stream was fine.

Huge delays. Months of hype. And that's what we got? I mean.... really? Pretty much a giant nothing burger with an empty soda.

I was expecting a release date, a new cinematic, prepatch details and confirmation that Covenants were going to be scraped or heavily reworked so that they aren't broken. Instead we get Ion talking about Vampire Dance Parties and another Mission Table.

How disappointed were you guys with this dev stream? Were your expectations met? Let me know down below because I'm sure there's plenty who agree with me.

dude, how delusional are you? It is still ALPHA, you know what alpha means? Also there is still covid, you know what covid means? They adressed several concerns and had some good news like removing restrictions on torghast, which shows that they perhaps are finally listening to the community and critics. That's worth way more than some random cinematic. Did you really LISTEN to what was said? And more important did you UNDERSTAND it too?
    Jesus...prepatch details. Who the fk cares. It's gonna be a event, there are gonna be the new class changes, squish etc...and it will come at the same time like every other prepatch. THAT is so important to you? ^^

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Actual fall is september-november. I didnt know muricans had an even more retarded system for that. I should have guessed it though.

Having a wider release date in case they need to do more testing > catering to people who cant see beyond their own glasses.
    Where do you live? Not only (as far I know) almost whole world use this "retarted system", but also it's based on actual astronomical events, so it make more sense that dividing season by artificial months.

Huge delays. Months of hype. And that's what we got? I mean.... really? Pretty much a giant nothing burger with an empty soda.

I was expecting a release date, a new cinematic, prepatch details and confirmation that Covenants were going to be scraped or heavily reworked so that they aren't broken. Instead we get Ion talking about Vampire Dance Parties and another Mission Table.

How disappointed were you guys with this dev stream? Were your expectations met? Let me know down below because I'm sure there's plenty who agree with me.
    and my feed back for the bfa beta was ignored i came into shadowlands with 0 expectations, only thing i really hope for but wasn't expecting was the removal of the compounding rng when it came to gearing

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesnt.

The year is devided into 4 seasons lasting three months each. Fall is september-November.
    and here i thought fall was august to October.......... I'm from the UK FYI
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2020-07-09 at 01:31 PM.

Lol, OP expected covenants to be scrapped. They ain't scrapping anything because you were afraid you're not going to picked up for a Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    Lol, OP expected covenants to be scrapped. They ain't scrapping anything because you were afraid you're not going to picked up for a Mythic.
    Covenants will be Azerite Armour 2.0. It will be hilarious and it will make me cackle, guffaw, chortle, when Shadowlands launches and everyone hates the system.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    he also thought that Torghast would be a disaster in the making (it's definitely not) and he has also unilaterally stated that he is NOT buying Shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

Covenants will be Azerite Armour 2.0. It will be hilarious and it will make me cackle, guffaw, chortle, when Shadowlands launches and everyone hates the system.
    except it won't be. Azerite Armor was completely different to what Covenants are. you can't even compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoshanki View Post
    Guys maybe use google?

Beginning of fall (meteorological) is on the northern globe (when sun is at highest point) in september and ends end november/ start december.
    September is most certainly NOT when the sun is at the highest point.

Whould you like to talk to the manager?

What was there to be disappointed by? If you were expecting some massive reveal beyond a release date, you're simply naive. Covenants aren't broken in the slightest either, there's a few outlying abilities that need to be nerfed to not be mandatory, but broken is a huge exaggeration and expecting it to be scraped (sic) is pretty retarded.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknalla View Post
    Whould you like to talk to the manager?
    best comment of the thread

Considering the poll results, it's easy to see most people agree with me.
    Looking at the poll results now, it seems that most people disagree with you

15+ Year Old Account
    I almost got myselfe a beer to sit and relax.
    Expected much more including a release date.

I get more tickled pink the more I read comments like this. People are terrified they may not be able to sim the best because their covenant abilities may do 1-10% damage difference.

You're playing an MMO-RPG, and RPG games excel best when players have to make decisions that impact their character. Finally Blizzard is moving in the right direction in developing content that will be meaningful to your story path, abilities, and allies. Hate to see things like this where only thing you care about is potentially broken ability, or being "Forced" because you miss out on a dps point rather than fun / stylistic abilities that suit you and your play style better.

I for one am very happy to see Blizzard pouring everything they have into making players make a choice here, and making their choice expand whats available to them and not others as the game progresses.

We didn't get a release date...but we got a Very Soon TM. We didn't get a cinematic...but we don't need one yet, doesn't make sense til at least pre-patch. Dance party theme was a little weak..id rather see something darker there, and yeah mission tables such big ass. Overall though no disappointment from me. I believe they are listening, many aspects of this are directly coming from what players want to be able to do.

I think we are in for a great expansion.

I don't remember any huge hype on Blizzard's end. They didn't imply it was anything special, did they? They said they were going to talk more about what they were doing. Alpha is close to done, so I expected news that beta is on the horizon, which I got. We still don't know much about covenants, so I expected more news about that, which I got. Was it out of the realm of possibility that they could've shown us some kind of cinematic? No, I guess not. But this wasn't Blizzcon, and it wasn't some other similar big gaming event, either. It was a vlog with Ion, and it wasn't billed as anything more. I know better to expect the moon from Blizzard when they don't promise it. Just seems like people foolishly getting their hopes up over nothing.

and confirmation that Covenants were going to be scraped or heavily reworked so that they aren't broken.
    Oh shut the fuck up. If this was really your expectation for the stream, then you were never going to be satisfied with what they talked about, and you know it.

It wasn't a fantastic stream, but it wasn't terrible. It was about an hour long, but it still felt kinda short. They basically just put Ion's voice to one of their regular Shadowlands news updates that they've been doing for the past three months, and that's fine. It hasn't swayed my opinion on Shadowlands either way, but it has made me more curious about trying it out, which I suppose was the point, so mission accomplished, at least for me.