Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    But i did. Just because your reading comprehension is low doesn't mean it doesn't say what I said it does. Nice try though.
    Then quote where it says that.

Or make up an excuse to not have to quote it.

I anticipate the latter.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    No, when did they say that? Source please
    Already have, multiple times. I'm not going to do it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Then quote where it says that.

Or make up an excuse to not have to quote it.

I anticipate the latter.
    Na, think i'll just ignore you. No point in arguing with idiots after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Called it.

So much easier than just admitting you were wrong.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The one and only reason they moved away from the glyph system is because the source of the glyphs was from a profession which they wanted to stay away from as a requirement for character progression, having every classes progression tied to a single profession was just a bad design in the first place. It also kind of wrecked inscription when they moved away from that as well for a few expansions.

So I read this Blue post, and they didn't say they removed Prime Glyphs for being too complicated. In fact, they said close to the opposite. They started changing how glyphs worked because there was too little complexity in the decision-making process for glyphs.

It just seems to me like you googled "Prime Glyphs Confusing" and slapped on the first blue post you came across.

Blizzard's reasoning for making the changes that they did to glyphs, according to your own link, falls right in line with their philosophy on what they're doing right now with soulbinds.

So now I'm even more confused what the hell your point is.

But i did. Just because your reading comprehension is low doesn't mean it doesn't say what I said it does. Nice try though.
    "The words that are being written do not correlate to the thoughts in my head therefore the words that I see in my mind are correct"

- - - Updated - - -

We are still waiting on the source saying the Prime Glyphs were too complex.

The post you linked said the exact opposite, boo.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Maybe you should try reading, because that link doesn’t say one fucking word about prime glyphs being too complicated.
    In fact it say's basically the opposite and were something you just used but didn't really need to think about it and just became another hoop you jump through.

Reading is fun. Try it some time?
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...he-change-why/

- - - Updated - - -

that's not the point i'm making. The soulbind system is a convoluted mess that honestly should never see the light of day. Just re-emplement the glyph system that was in place during Cataclysm and get rid of this soulbind system.
    If reading is fun as you put it, why didnt you do that for what you linked?

Good job on totally misinterpreting the thread. It's this kind of idiotic thinking that surely makes MMO-Champion the best forum out there on the internet! /s
    well, what MMO-champ probably is best known for these days are whine threads with stupid comparisons like this. So yeah, good job mate.

Found where they said they were complicated.

"We shoot for simple to learn and complex to master, and prime glyphs were the poster child for simple to learn, simple to master."

Oh...wait...

Just in case anyone doesn't feel like clicking through and reading the linked post, this is what it says about prime glyphs being 'too complicated':

We shoot for simple to learn and complex to master, and prime glyphs were the poster child for simple to learn, simple to master.

The old prime glyphs were not choices for anyone who cared much about their performance. We designed them to be no-nonsense throughput increasers, because we feared players would find the glyph system confusing if say a Ret paladin couldn't find a glyph that unequivocally increased DPS. But we didn't like how the glyphs actually felt. They were just a hoop to jump through -- something you might choose once for your character and never interact with again. We shoot for simple to learn and complex to master, and prime glyphs were the poster child for simple to learn, simple to master. The current glyph of Templar's Verdict increases damage by 15%. What Retribution paladin wouldn't want that glyph? (The answer is almost none of them.)
    that's where they give the reason for removing prime glyphs. prime glyphs were never confusing. you looked it up in a guide, socketed them, and then you were done. nothing confusing there.

as for soulbinds, we've only seen the barebones. we dont know exactly what is going to be able to be socketed and how mandatory some things will be.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    haha are you fucking serious?

the thread is from 2012
    It also doesn't say they're removing glyphs because they're too complicated

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they think we'd have forgotten?
    Do they think we'd have forgiven?

[cit.]

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I glanced over few YouTubers/streamers opinions on SB's, and they are generally favourable.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    So, you've got 3 different "glyph-tables" in which you can socket different effects at will. And you can switch between those tables nearly everywhere so that you can adapt to every situation. I fail to see the problem here.
    Some people just want to complain...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, I glanced over few YouTubers/streamers opinions on SB's, and they are generally favourable.
    Of course they are, the streamers/youtubers that get invited are the least critical people they can find. Blizzard could gift wrap poop and send it to them and they'd be happy. The ultra fan boys are not the people that the general playerbase wants the opinions on.

Soulbindings are looking to be another mess of layered systems with multiple tiers of progression and limitation.

You have to do something to unlock the talents in the soulbinding tree, they are only unlocked for testing on beta.

Additionally, you have to do other shit to unlock the other soulbinds before you can even start on them.

Thirdly, you don't get to "Choose" a soulbind that you want without risking having to sacrifice something else. Each soulbind has differing numbers of "types" of conduit slots. Say offensive conduits are the best for your spec, but the tree you'd like to use is the one that has 3 utility or 3 defensive slots and only 2 offensive slots.

Well, now you've put yourself at a disadvantage because *for some reason* they think its a good idea to tie soulbinds to specific "roles" and "types".

So what we can almost certainly expect to see is tanks using the "tanky" soulbinds, dps using "offensive", and healers using "utility", and there wouldn't really be any variety, that'll just be what it is because its what is good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Of course they are, the streamers/youtubers that get invited are the least critical people they can find. Blizzard could gift wrap poop and send it to them and they'd be happy. The ultra fan boys are not the people that the general playerbase wants the opinions on.
    Unfortunately no, dude. Preach was SUPER vocal about all BfA shortcomings all the time, but he likes Soulbinds.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job on totally misinterpreting the thread. It's this kind of idiotic thinking that surely makes MMO-Champion the best forum out there on the internet! /s
    They said its too complicated and now changed their opinion that it isnt too complicated afterall and because of that you are complaining. Congrats it seems you are the one with idiotic thinking here.

You should go to twitter since people there love to make drama about things that been said over almost a decade ago.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-07-09 at 06:52 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..