Horrific visions (5 masks) difficulty increased over time?

Hi All,

Couldn't resist of the feeling that in past two/three weeks horrific visions became little bit harder. Since first time ive done it, my gear could only be better.
    Don't get me wrong, i still can do it so not big of a deal, but curious if somebody else outside of my friends who also noticed increase in difficulty.

Was there any hotfix, announcement or anything similar? Or in the end is it just biased feelin
    Last edited by Deathrider; 2020-07-09 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Tittle was wrong, it should be:"Horrific visions (5 masks) difficulty increased over time"

Depends on your class and the affixs. Some weeks its easier, some weeks its harder. It all in the same ballpark of difficulty though.

Playing ret, and im aware of affixes each week, just don't think its only about it, as mentioned i did it first time while ago, for sure had a chance to face all affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrider View Post
    Hi All,

Couldn't resist of the feeling that in past two/three weeks horrific visions became little bit harder. Since first time ive done it, my gear could only be better.
    Don't get me wrong, i still can do it so not big of a deal, but curious if somebody else outside of my friends who also noticed increase in difficulty.

Was there any hotfix, announcement or anything similar? Or in the end is it just biased feelin
    The only thing I've noticed that made them harder in the last 2 weeks was more instances of stuff happening that shouldn't happen like pulling the toxic volley mob with a ST ability and multiple packs (from the poison spiders to the bone crusher by rexxar) agroing at the same time or the tumors in SW hitting for over 300k with no void buffet debuff.

I thought this week was a little harder than normal, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    The thought flew in my head this wednesday when I got owned twice in the SI:7 district. Whew, did they really do this much damage always? A retry and I managed to make it but yeah it felt slow in terms of how long mobs lived and how much damage they did.

Also playing Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    The only thing I've noticed that made them harder in the last 2 weeks was more instances of stuff happening that shouldn't happen like pulling the toxic volley mob with a ST ability and multiple packs (from the poison spiders to the bone crusher by rexxar) agroing at the same time or the tumors in SW hitting for over 300k with no void buffet debuff.
    Exactly this we have noticed too, so is it really possible they silent hotfixed it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    The thought flew in my head this wednesday when I got owned twice in the SI:7 district. Whew, did they really do this much damage always? A retry and I managed to make it but yeah it felt slow in terms of how long mobs lived and how much damage they did.

Also playing Ret.
    Yes, i have a feeling they hit harder, did not notice sanity loss increase but that could be also the case cause of more damage taken...

The only difference I've seen yet is the fact that I play less carefully, pulling more, ignoring more mechanics. Not seen any differences in the weeks before.

Not seen any changes to enemy-grouping too. Doing the very same pulls like always. Just remember that they got a huge aggro range.

Still running through tumors with any character - yes, 5 masks.

Si:7 district always dealt lethal dmg if you didn't care for the casters or the ones that deal hugh dmg in a small window (I don't know their name - ability is Shadow Assault I guess?)

I think most people are the same as me, playing less carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post

I think most people are the same as me, playing less carefully.
    That comes as reasonable opinion as well... like at the moment im super geared and done it multiple times so far, and due to that fact just playing less carefully

I came back to the game a few weeks ago after a break that started while progressing mythic mythrax and failing hard.

Since I came back, my sole purpose was to solo the 5 masks for the fun of it... It took me a while, but I got decent gear, plugging m plus and nyalotha, and finally - finished org last week and nailed sw this week.

From my perspective (also playing ret), while not knowing much about the mechanics of the visions (cuz I wanted to learn them on my own) it felt like this:
    Orgrimmar was much much easier at the beginning (while I was getting my cloak up to 15) since I'm horde and I'm more acquainted with the layout...

After getting each mask it became increasingly harder and I learned the layout of sw even better than how I knew org...
    Getting the fifth mask to fit (the one that reduces your sanity) was tough... But last week, I got the gist of it and completed org 5 masks with incredible hardship, twice...

This week I came into sw... Tried 5 masks...
    It was soooooo much easier than org 5 masks, it was so weird.
    Except for Alleria. She's much harder than Thrall (especially as ret, since bubble doesn't negate the sanity lost on abilities...)
    Overall, I have no idea if it was the affixes or just that I was luckier with potions (maxed all pots on sw withing 5 mins and had plenty of sanity recovery), but sw was so much easier this week than org was for me last week.

Tl;Dr - it's probably connected to rng.
    I might be the only one feeling like this, but the potions can make or break ur run... Especially if u time them incorrectly when they expire. Or forget about them....

Madness will consume you!!!

Last weeks Org had harder affixes than SW this week indeed.

I never use potions, not even the sanity generating ones.

Bubble should make you immune to even sanity-losing abilities - at least it did on everything in Org while running a 5 mask with my holy paladin.

I've played the same spec for all of 8.3 and the only difference I feel in Horrific Vision difficulty is which affixes are active in each zone. Honestly, at this point the only affixes that still bothers me is the forced movement lava pool affix. And even that I can deal with reasonably easy just from experience. If anything, Horrific Visions get progressively easier the more experienced you are at dealing with the various affix combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*