Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Opinion, not fact. If people are willing to pay it, it is not overpriced.
    "Compared to any other CE before this one is heavily overpriced." It's really not so difficult to understand.

While I'm not exactly thrilled about the price, collectors edition's for various games routinely exceed $100 or more. Now personally I think it should have come with a small Jailer statue instead of some pins to make it a little more "worth it".

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The BfA CE was $100
    You sure? I ordered directly from the gear store. Or was it a different price early on?

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (Collector's Edition)
    Qty: 1
    Price: $69.99

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    "Compared to any other CE before this one is heavily overpriced." It's really not so difficult to understand.
    Your OPINION. YOu don't factor in for inflation and what is in it now that wasn't then.

But its still wrong lol.

"Compared to any other CE before this one is prized higher" - This would be a factual statement

Overpriced is subjective.

If it didn't have more stuff, that argument might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I don't know when you bought yours, but it did get heavily discounted after release.
    Interesting, so they must have discounted it by 30%, in which case I'd consider the step from 100 (BfA) to 120 (Shadowlands) as not so bad.

A bargain at twice the price...

What is worse is calling anyone who is satisfied with CE "sheep".
    Great reading comprehension there, I only called a fraction of them sheep, the ones that think game companies aren't rolling in money.

Btw, I already acknowleged with the first part of the sentence that the whining about how awful the CE is, is pretty much also unfounded. If anything I think it's an upgrade over the BfA one. The Artbook looks fairly chunky as well - which is a good thing :P.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-09 at 05:08 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    The boost is not worth 60€. The boost is literally a scam.

So says the guy that is angry over not being allowed to refund.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Your opinion. The thing is, your opinion is not fact. Also, this is how supply and demand works. If people are willing to pay the price that they are selling it for, then it is worth that price. You are not the sole dictator of those things. This is how a free market works and there is nothing shady about it at all.
    Then let's talk about supply and demand: the Battle for Azeroth CE isn't the only WoW CE that hasn't sold out. Guess why? We can talk about BfA being a horrible expansion, the insane increase in price and reduction in content or maybe both, who knows. Usually all CEs sell out fairly quick after launch, it's not the case with the BfA one and the Shadowlands one won't sell out as well. Supply > demand in this case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So says the guy that is angry over not being allowed to refund.
    Ah shit it's that guy? Didn't notice.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It's heavily overpriced cause it has more then any CE before it.

Less content less worth? It has more content and more worth, what you talking about?
    Just compare the Legion CE (79 Euro) to the Shadowlands CE (119 Euro).

Legion: 79 Euro / $79

Digital stuff:

Character boost
    Mount
    Pet
    Skins for Starcraft, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm

Physical:

Behind the Scenes Blu-ray
    Soundtrack CD
    Artbook
    Mousepad

Shadowlands: 119 Euro / $119

Digital:

Character boost
    Mount
    Pet
    Transmogs
    Heartstone animation
    Game Time
    Soundtrack

Physical:

Pins
    Artbook
    Mousepad

The only difference is the missing 30 day game time (13 Euro / $13) which brings it to 106 Euro vs. 79 Euro. Then the Shadowlands CE offers that hearthstone animation and the weapon enchantment, the Legion CE had wings for Diablo, a SC portrait and a HoTs mount. So, where is it worth the 27 Euro / $27 difference?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-07-09 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Then let's talk about supply and demand: the Battle for Azeroth CE isn't the only WoW CE that hasn't sold out. Guess why? We can talk about BfA being a horrible expansion, the insane increase in price and reduction in content or maybe both, who knows. Usually all CEs sell out fairly quick after launch, it's not the case with the BfA one and the Shadowlands one won't sell out as well. Supply > demand in this case.
    Do you see where your facts turned into your own subjective opinion? If not, let me help you out.

- - - Updated - - -

Delusional, as usual. Just compare the Legion CE (79 Euro) to the Shadowlands CE (119 Euro).

Legion: 79 Euro / $79

Digital stuff:

Character boost
    Mount
    Pet
    Skins for Starcraft, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm

Physical:

Behind the Scenes Blu-ray
    Soundtrack CD
    Artbook
    Mousepad

Shadowlands: 119 Euro / $119

Digital:

Character boost
    Mount
    Pet
    Transmogs
    Heartstone animation
    Game Time
    Soundtrack

Physical:

Pins
    Artbook
    Mousepad

The only difference is the missing 30 day game time (13 Euro / $13) which brings it to 106 Euro vs. 79 Euro. Then the Shadowlands CE offers that hearthstone animation and the weapon enchantment, the Legion CE had wings for Diablo, a SC portrait and a HoTs mount. So, where is it worth the 27 Euro / $27 difference?
    Well the wings for diablo, SC portrait and Hots mount are literally worthless. Faulty comparisson.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Do you see where your facts turned into your own subjective opinion? If not, let me help you out.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the wings for diablo, SC portrait and Hots mount are literally worthless. Faulty comparisson.
    Let's talk in 6 months when the Shadowlands CE will still be available whereas Legion, WoD, MoP etc. had already sold out shortly after or even before launch.

They are worthless? Because you say so? Or just because it isn't WoW related? I'd say most of the digital stuff is worthless.

Let's talk in 6 months when the Shadowlands CE will still be available whereas Legion, WoD, MoP etc. had already sold out shortly after or even before launch.

They are worthless? Because you say so? Or just because it isn't WoW related? I'd say most of the digital stuff is worthless.
    Let's talk in 6 months when the Shadowlands CE will still be available whereas Legion, WoD, MoP etc. had already sold out.
    or lets talk when you not a fact from a feeling shall we

because all those three games are dead. Especially diablo and ESPECIALLY Hots

1. or lets talk when you not a fact from a feeling shall we

2. because all those three games are dead. Especially diablo and ESPECIALLY Hots
    1. Again, the Battle for Azeroth CE is already proof for this. Why would it be different for Shadowlands? The BfA CE is the first with the massively increased price tag which didn't sell out and is - to this day - available.

2. You have to remember that Legion launched 4 years ago where all of these games were much more alive than nowadays. But who cares, your subjective opinion is valid but mine isn't - got it.

Nevermind, enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-07-09 at 06:14 PM.

So... still no word on what these selected retailers are? I so far only see it being sold from blizzard official store or amazon, neither of which is an option for me.

1. Again, the Battle for Azeroth CE is already proof for this. Why would it be different for Shadowlands? The BfA CE is the first with the massively increased price tag which didn't sell out and is - to this day - available.

2. You have to remember that Legion launched 4 years ago where all of these games were much more alive than nowadays. But who cares, your subjective opinion is valid but mine isn't - got it.

Nevermind, enjoy your day.
    I'm no the one saying its overprized

Besides, even if its not completely sold out it could still be profitable for blizzard. Perhaps they figured out less people would buy them, but they people who would buy them wouldnt mind paying more.

The only valid feedback for this is that you think its too expensive for you, and that you would have gotten it if it was cheaper.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I'd never pay that for a CE but if someone can justify it for themselves cool. I have the CE for Vanilla and the first two expansions, and never bought one again because I realized that I never once actually used the extras that came with them.

because all those three games are dead. Especially diablo and ESPECIALLY Hots
    Errr ... Just because you don't like something it doesn't make it "dead." - I don't like HotS but it's not dead. The esports scene for it is dead, but you can login and find a match almost instantly still. Diablo 3 is DEFINITELY not dead, every single season the game is full for a month or so.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest