7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Does anyone equip wands?
    If i don't have a better weapon, then yes.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If i don't have a better weapon, then yes.
    They should honestly phase them out. Why do spell daggers/swords AND wands still exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should honestly phase them out. Why do spell daggers/swords AND wands still exist?
    If people want to use a spell dagger swords...let them..
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If people want to use a spell dagger swords...let them..
    The solution is to just drop the restrictions. I had to take a wand on my mage the other day as its initial pvp reward since the stats on it were the best and now I'm stuck with this shit looking wand instead of literally anything else in my collection

Looks like Archeology is getting dumpstered, at least according to the Judgehype interview.

Wowhead has a recent lore interview with Danuser:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316807/...ser-elune-sylv

In particular:

In the Taliesin and Evitel lore interview, you did state that Sylvanas loyalists are, by the time of Shadowlands, considered no longer loyal to her. However, one of the themes I’ve noticed in Shadowlands is that of redemption – particularly in Revendreth but we see it in other zones as well, for example Lady Vashj seems to have found a new purpose in the afterlife. Redemption as a subject always played an important role in the Arthas storyline as well – with characters like Jaina finding it hard to let go of the Arthas they knew even as we were attacking Icecrown. Is there any hope for Sylvanas at this point? Is it possible for her to be redeemed?

*laughs* Well, that's a that's a very broad question. You know, Warcraft is a world of possibilities certainly, but the Sylvanas storyline I think will uncover some new truths about her and the things that have motivated her. It will give some new perspective on the decisions she made not only in Battle for Azeroth, but that she's been making her whole life - and so it'll provide some additional framing.

The way I'd put it is that in the past, especially in Battle for Azeroth, she concealed a lot of her motivations for things. We saw the actions that she made, but often we were left to guess at why she was doing something, and I think that's one of the things that frustrated players in some ways - and we recognize that. So pretty early on in the course of Shadowlands, you will reach a point where Sylvanas frankly says, “No more masks. I'm going to tell you what I want, why I'm doing this.” She has some very frank conversations with one of our major characters in game that I think players will find illuminating.

I don't think it's as simple as saying will she or won't she be redeemed? I think we will learn more things about her, and a lot of people might change their point of view on some of how they see her. Some people won't, because they've already decided what they think, or what they want to be true, but our job as storytellers is to continue to evolve these characters and show new sides of them - and that's something I'm very pleased with what we're doing in Shadowlands. So it'll definitely give fans of Syvanas is more things to think about, and that was one of the goals we set out to do.
    Honestly I don't think there's a good enough reason to commit literal genocide and start world war 4, but oh well. At least she'll explain her secret absolute masterplan right at the start of Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-09 at 05:43 PM.

I mean, what could they possibly do with Heirloom gear if there is no XP buff that doesn't make them completely worthless?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    "Heirlooms will no longer have experience bonuses. They are looking to replace it with something that is not a raw percentage increase."

This kinda counters faster leveling with level squish.
    Wow, I am surprised they did this. It's ultimately great for the game and I am glad they decided to go this route, and this is coming from someone who has nearly every heirloom fully upgraded. It's going to piss a lot of people off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Honestly I don't think there's a good enough reason to commit literal genocide and start world war 4, but oh well. At least she'll explain her secret absolute masterplan right at the start of Shadowlands.
    The leaked last page of Shadows Rising basically reveals her reason: she's upset and angry at life itself for everything that has happened to her and is lashing out by allying with someone who can destroy it.

So it's definitely not a morally GOOD reason but it's an understandable one. And a reasoning used by a lot of people today.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Wow, I am surprised they did this. It's ultimately great for the game and I am glad they decided to go this route, and this is coming from someone who has nearly every heirloom fully upgraded. It's going to piss a lot of people off though.
    I'm not. I've had so many discussions with people who refused to believe that XP would be dropped. It was inevitable with the 9.0 squish changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leaked last page of Shadows Rising basically reveals her reason: she's upset and angry at life itself for everything that has happened to her and is lashing out by allying with someone who can destroy it.

So it's definitely not a morally GOOD reason but it's an understandable one. And a reasoning used by a lot of people today.
    I'm sure those Night Elven souls that burned alive and went to the Maw would LOVE to discuss the morality with Sylvanas(Not angry here just kinda pointing out Sylvanas is kinda a hypocrite).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How many more interviews are there today?
    Yes. /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a hell lot of interviews.

Formerly known as Arafal

Weeks of complaining about something in the lore just in CASE of it being one way, when the original idea was already stupid (this Night Warrior HAS to be a Night Elf), is behaviour that should be reevaluated.
    Nah, I don't think so.

You're free to keep minding your own business though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Hahahaha complaining about a cosmetic change being made free instead of costing 15$. Never change WoW community, never change.
    Barely anyone will really complain and you'll still have somebody go "hahaha those gamers(tm) am i right, complaining about something good" to elevate themselves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wowhead has a recent lore interview with Danuser:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316807/...ser-elune-sylv

In particular:

And I will still laugh and say she deserves the noose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I mean, what could they possibly do with Heirloom gear if there is no XP buff that doesn't make them completely worthless?
    I mean, for me the main appeal was also bonus XP, but people can argue that regardless of the loss of the xp bonus, it's still scaling gear with ok stats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Well, they will implement other bonuses, but what it could be, since I don't think they will make them have OP stats again. Mov speed maybe? That's universally good.

That's a shit reason. She was dealt a crappy hand in life SO LET'S FUCKING KILL THOUSANDS, MILLIONS IN THE FUTURE AND ENDANGER REALITY BALANCE HEYOOOOOOO. Expected reason, still stupid.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-07-09 at 06:16 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, they will implement other bonuses, but what it could be, since I don't think they will make them have OP stats again. Mov speed maybe? That's universally good.
    Eh, maybe more something like a gold gain bonus.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I mean, for me the main appeal was also bonus XP, but people can argue that regardless of the loss of the xp bonus, it's still scaling gear with ok stats.
    I suppose you're right.

I still reserve the right to get indignant about the Xp removal once it's set out how long it'll actually take to slog through the old content without Heirloom XP.

Ugh. That sounds pretty worthless.

How about once equipping a fully upgraded Heirloom set, you get a "I've done this too many ^%&ing times" achievement and it unlocks max speed flight for the level 1 character.
    Last edited by HateTrain; 2020-07-09 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I suppose you're right.

I still reserve the right to get indignant about the Xp removal once it's set out how long it'll actually take to slog through the old content without Heirloom XP.
    I'm not happy about it either. I feel like there's a perfectly fine place for a streamlined world where you can quickly get to cap and then the option to get to cap even QUICKER if you want.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that would work. And balancing it between "lol shit gain" and "damn, that's a sick gold farm method" will be hard.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-07-09 at 06:30 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.