Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Okay, figured it enough to basically make a mannequin head where I can drop the hairstyles!
    OMG! I didn't know how much I needed this until now! I hope Blizzard sees this and realizes how awesome it would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd like Human hairstyles more. They can work well for a High Elf theme or a Void Elf theme imo and they make more sense to me since the High Elves and Void Elves are mostly found in Stormwind.

Here's the styles and colors I'd like to see eventually shared with Void Elves:

That is actually pretty reasonable. I think it could silence those blood elf fan that feel void elves are robbing them of something unique then. I especially love male hairstyles, female void elves already have few hairstyles decent enough for high elf fantasy.

Right now, making high elf is not that hard, even without aditional hair colors. I did my try with "silver covenant scout". I believe I could do better, but I like it so far.

Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-07-09 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Any Thallassian, who is constantly infused with void powers is a void elf.
    A High/Blood Elf Shadow Priest is a Void Elf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I really love it when I see Umbrithas Voidreaver

We just need a dirty blonde hair colour and a couple of non-voidy hairstyles and I'm set!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    A High/Blood Elf Shadow Priest is a Void Elf?
    Void elves do not tap into void energy, it is a part of them, hence the constant whispers. Shadow priest tap briefly into it, Alleria and those following her path go much further.

Void elves do not tap into void energy, it is a part of them, hence the constant whispers. Shadow priest tap briefly into it, Alleria and those following her path go much further.
    So what is it when they go into Shadowform?

As an aside, Alleria and the blueberry elves are not the same thing. Politically, maybe, but that's another case altogether.

She's a void elf. This is confirmed in Shadows Rising's description.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-09 at 03:15 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    She's a void elf. This is confirmed in Shadows Rising's description.
    Void Elf refers to two things, though.

The political group Void Elves, of which Alleria is the leader.

And the literal race Void Elves, Blood Elves permanently altered by the void (in a manner different from Alleria) that have purple skin and tentacle hair. You'd have to be disingenuous to claim the blueberries and Alleria were biologically identical.

(also, Christie Golden once wrote Genn with a tail.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Blizzard do share my viewpoint to some degree, else void elves would have never been a thing and high elves would have been the playable AR. Alas, high elves are not a separate playable race so clearly blizzard still place some importance to faction distinction.. they've obviously relaxed their rules a bit but are still standing by them to some degree.

I'm super glad that blood elves continue to remain the main high elven group in WoW, and that I can play a high elven paladin. Super super glad about it! (ps. I'm only reciprocating your smart ass tone)
    Your viewpoint previously was that Void Elves shouldn't get the same skin tones as Blood Elves because Blood Elves are the High Elves and thus for the importance of faction distinction both VE and BE should keep their skin tone choices separate.

Blizzard did not (does not) agree. They gave the literal same copy/pasted skin tones available to Blood Elves to Void Elves. No ersatz version either like Obelisk Kai kept fighting for and thinking most assuredly would happen.

Nope. VE got straight up a copy/paste of skin tones from BE. Thus your viewpoint of faction distinction and blurred lines was lost the day that happened.

It was an iconic win for High Elf requesters, so much so that many of the antagonists to the request have left this thread entirely. If you wish to be one of the few that stay to continue on pedantically over minute details be my guest.

Like I've said to others, Wildhammer Dwarves are now in by Blizzard developer's words even though it's just some additional tattoos, and the High Elf fantasy was said to be possible with High Elf skins given to Void Elves by another Blizzard developer. That possibility is now here.

Also if you're admitting you're being a smart ass then you're further making your arguments look as weak as they already were.

I think what many detractors to this request should've learned is that it's much better to spend time asking for the things you want rather than trying to deny people's wishlists as we can clearly see in this request alone all the couple years spent arguing against this request was a ton of time wasted in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So what is it when they go into Shadowform?

As an aside, Alleria and the blueberry elves are not the same thing. Politically, maybe, but that's another case altogether.
    If shadow priests would permanently tap into the void, then yes they would be void elves as well, and Alleria is different from the void elves in the sense, that she is far more corrupted by the void than they are, she can just hide it better.

Alleria absorbed a fallen Naaru and ate the heart of a void demigod
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-07-09 at 03:43 PM.

If shadow priests would permanently tap into the void, then yes they would be void elves as well, and Alleria is different from the void elves in the sense, that she is far more corrupted by the void than they are, she can just hide it better.
    Just saying it's important to not conflate and to also keep an eye on the fact that Void Elves are both a racial designation and a political. One can be a part of the Void Elves politically but not be one biologically. I don't know what Blizzard considers the most biologically true Void Elf, but I would assume it's the blueberry elves.

And those were a result from a (presumably) one time mishap, lead by a leader who embraces the void but isn't biologically identical to them, and will in 9.0 be joined by other members who will not have undergone the same process (unless Blizzard states that it has become a ritual) and might not have the same qualities, such as the purple skin.

Small detail, the earrings become golden when you choose the high elf skins.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316803/...view-with-art-

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters.
    High elves are a race.

Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes.
    Blood elves are not high elves. They had fel green eyes.

It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out.
    High elf customization for all.

We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.
    So, high elf customization. End of discussion for those who insist Blizzard never said they were allowing high elves for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Small detail, the earrings become golden when you choose the high elf skins.
    Sounds like a bug due to reusing blood elf skins. Let's see how it evolves from there.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Sounds like a bug due to reusing blood elf skins. Let's see how it evolves from there.
    I hope that in the end, there will be a choice of colors for jewelry like blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I hope that in the end, there will be a choice of colors for jewelry like blood elves.
    Maybe. After seeing the video, I noticed that the textures are not right. Like, the green gems from belf jewelry appear where there are no gems in the velf model. It's clearly a bug.

I think this version of void elf skins is a very early one. Blizzard just linked belf skins, instead of making a copy of them. That's why they reference the wrong jewelry or underwear textures. Next builds will probably have copied assets and adjusted details.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316803/...view-with-art-

High elves are a race.

Blood elves are not high elves. They had fel green eyes.

High elf customization for all.

So, high elf customization. End of discussion for those who insist Blizzard never said they were allowing high elves for us.
    LMAO I was just about to share this as I saw it just now!!! Yes, there we fucken go, confirmation that those customizations are to allow players to play High Elves as they see fit!

- - - Updated - - -

They also admit in the same interview that certain races will get more customizations than others and that's due to their pov of using their resources as best as possible.

So there we have it, popular races will get more customization options than non-popular races. But that doesn't mean more customizations can't come in the future!

- - - Updated - - -

Another win for High Elves from the same interview (so much gold there).

"With all the diversity now possible in player customization options, we’re curious if the new customization options will also be reflected on Shadowlands NPC appearances? And will existing NPCs around Azeroth (like Stormwind NPCs from Cataclysm) receive new appearances reflecting the new diverse customization options?

As with any tool we have available with us, designers will make use of it for current or future content. That may include going back to the old world, when new vendors are added, and customizing and updating some of the old NPCs in the world. But it depends on the time involved and what our bandwidth is. Our focus is always on the next expansion and the content coming up to provide the best possible game, but certainly having those available gives our designers a lot more to work with, and I would expect to see more of that diversity and customization represented in the world going forward for sure."

So we will start seeing more High Elf NPCs going forward presumably as the designers now have a lot more customizations to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    LMAO I was just about to share this as I saw it just now!!! Yes, there we fucken go, confirmation that those customizations are to allow players to play High Elves as they see fit!
    Wait a minute, does this mean you could play a High Elf on the Horde through a Blood Elf?

I really hope for blonde hair for void elves.
    Really want void skin with blonde hair.

Maybe. After seeing the video, I noticed that the textures are not right. Like, the green gems from belf jewelry appear where there are no gems in the velf model. It's clearly a bug.

I think this version of void elf skins is a very early one. Blizzard just linked belf skins, instead of making a copy of them. That's why they reference the wrong jewelry or underwear textures. Next builds will probably have copied assets and adjusted details.
    The nail polish could also be adjusted to high elf skins.
    High Elf NPCs had blue nail polish before their WOD update, I'd love this color to replace red. <3

They said the finalized Void Elf- High Elf skins should have the Void Elf underwear, not the Blood Elf underwear.