Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will Heirloom / BOA gear be ungated from past expacs in Shadowlands?

when leveling my players, i get alot of questions concerning various BOA items i have. explaining it is overly complex. gating to force past content is defeating, i believe the gating needs to be dropped for Shadowlands, making these available from BOA vendors in UC and IF

WOD
    i tell them to look at WOD garrison guides. alot of players do not know what WOD means or even how to get there, the trinket from WOD can be purchased from players in trade chat, but the three rings, require development of a garrison, and then a full scale up of a ship yard. both require quest lines, reputations, farming rares, garrison resources, and oil. alot with time required to get BOA ring missions.

Legion
    there is a BOA necklace gated that would have to be acquired thru class hall mission board and developed followers before you would get the mission to pop. there are BOA necklaces acquired for gold in UC or IF from a vendor.

BFA
    eight BOA trinkets (4ea faction) and two BOA FP unlock maps for alts. these are all gated of course to the current expansion

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    when leveling my players, i get alot of questions concerning various BOA items i have. explaining it is overly complex. gating to force past content is defeating, i believe the gating needs to be dropped for Shadowlands, making these available from BOA vendors in UC and IF

WOD
    i tell them to look at WOD garrison guides. alot of players do not know what WOD means or even how to get there, the trinket from WOD can be purchased from players in trade chat, but the three rings, require development of a garrison, and then a full scale up of a ship yard. both require quest lines, reputations, farming rares, garrison resources, and oil. alot with time required to get BOA ring missions.

Legion
    there is a BOA necklace gated that would have to be acquired thru class hall mission board and developed followers before you would get the mission to pop. there are BOA necklaces acquired for gold in UC or IF from a vendor.

BFA
    eight BOA trinkets (4ea faction) and two BOA FP unlock maps for alts. these are all gated of course to the current expansion
    I thought the only rings you could get were from the fishing event, also when you hit max level heirlooms should jsut scale up, I absolutely hate that they charge for an upgrade on items designed to make leveling faster.

There are rings from the naval missions in the WoD Garrison as well. Doing Shipyards during WoD was a great source of gold, but it would be a pretty lengthy endeavor to start now without any meaningful return of time investment other than the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I thought the only rings you could get were from the fishing event, also when you hit max level heirlooms should jsut scale up, I absolutely hate that they charge for an upgrade on items designed to make leveling faster.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=128169/...he-third-fleet
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=128173/...s-loyalty-ring
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=128172/...-returned-band

i have https://www.wowhead.com/item=122529/dread-pirate-ring also, it's really nice having having two ring slots filled on levelers. questions fly from new or even veteran players when they see me with them

WOD

Legion

BFA

Honestly no, they shouldn't put them on a vendor. BoA's are intended for those who have experience content and want faster leveling. If someone wants the items they can either A) go back and get them easily or B) already had them. The only one that offers and boost is the ring and you can only equip one of those. The necklace/trinket just makes it so you don't have to worry about upgrades.

You mention new players later on in the thread, these items are not intended for them at all. Granted they could get the ones off the vendor if they were given the gold and stuff. Ideally though they should be locked out until you hit X level for each upgrade. For example, Level 60 for base item, then 90 for the next upgrade, etc with it matching each level in SL.

Bonus experience is being removed from Heirlooms in Shadowlands it seems so less they get something else.. they won't mater.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Bonus experience is being removed from Heirlooms in Shadowlands it seems so less they get something else.. they won't mater.
    Ya, currently the leveling experience is around 70% faster than it is on live with the 100% buff so they have to do something.

i do not believe they are removing XP from them for players 1-50, they are removing XP from 50 to 60.

for previous expacs BOAs stopped scaling and gave no XP for the current expac, until a point deeper into the expac blizzard adds a upgrade.

like when i played WOD my BOAs stopped after level 90, legion stopped at 100., BFA stopped at 110 at start

https://www.wowhead.com/item=128169/...he-third-fleet
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=128173/...s-loyalty-ring
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=128172/...-returned-band

i have https://www.wowhead.com/item=122529/dread-pirate-ring also, it's really nice having having two ring slots filled on levelers. questions fly from new or even veteran players when they see me with them
    It sucks how much of a pain it is to get the rings and the Darkmoon PvP trinket. It's really not worth it to go back and do it now, since the time spent acquiring these items is not worth the extra XP they give you. By the time I get the rings and/or trinket I could have capped multiple characters already. Looks like Blizz is dropping the bonus XP from heirlooms in SL though so I guess it doesn't matter.

i do not believe they are removing XP from them for players 1-50, they are removing XP from 50 to 60.

for previous expacs BOAs stopped scaling and gave no XP for the current expac, until a point deeper into the expac blizzard adds a upgrade.

like when i played WOD my BOAs stopped after level 90, legion stopped at 100., BFA stopped at 110 at start
    sounds like all bonus XP is gone

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news...lN-NIgzXca0l14
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

All XP is gone from them. They're just scaling pieces now

thanks, for info and link. if the BOAs still scale they will still be useful in filing slots

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hope they rid off heirlooms levels. Just make all 1-50 and don't introduce 50-60 during SL.

You'd likely be wrong. The heirlooms in SL alpha currently give 0% bonus experience at any level. In other words, it's just an item that scales from level 1-50.

We don't know if they're even planning to let us upgrade them so they'll function from 50-60 yet, but that has always been introduced in a minor patch sometime down the line of the latest expansion.

I think they'll remove the % bonus experience part of heirlooms entirely before 9.0 releases. Besides, leveling post 9.0 is designed to take as little as 3 zones worth of questing to get from 10-50, so it's already much quicker than leveling on live with 165% bonus xp from the buff and heirlooms combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

No, they're fine as it is and are unnecessary to level with. A number of them have to be earned, and are more of a collector's thing really.

Considering the time taken to level is going to be something between 1/10 to 1/5 of the time it takes to level now, losing the xp buff is pretty much a non issue.

Figured as much... perhaps a movement speed increase to replace it in exchange of XP? 5-10% per piece [not active in BGs]...

what is even the point in keep heirlooms in then? most people only bought them for exp boost.
    stupid change
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

While undoubtedly some players will be upset by this change, considering themselves "cheated" out of whatever gold or other currency they spent on heirlooms, it's important to remember that heirlooms are not becoming worthless overnight. They will still exist as pieces of gear which level up alongside you, near eliminating the need to manage your equipment during the leveling process, which is a commonly overlooked but still very important perk.
    Naw bro. You're taking my bonus XP you can give me back my gold.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Naw bro. You're taking my bonus XP you can give me back my gold.
    how can blizzard still be this out of touch?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor