Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The first was worse than the second. Certainly, the most painful thing I ever experienced. I had relatively easy labors too. I did not mind it either too much, but it's still an extremely painful process in any case.

Breaking a bone or having a tooth abscess is not even on the same level as your vagina being torn open to your asshole. Sorry to be blunt, but it's a fact of life. Stubbing one's toe is silly by comparison.
    From what my wife has told me and I have seen, it has to be the most painful experience ever. Maybe being burned alive at the stake might equal it. Don't know. But you gals are amazing in terms of dealing with extreme pain. Any painful conditions I have personally had to endure, pales in comparison.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Ovarian cyst exploded in the middle of the night. Wasn't smart enough to go to the hospital til 7am (since it shares similar symptoms to appendex rupturing, which is fatal if untreated). It was a solid 12+ hours of absolute torture. Its also why I need BC pills.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-07-09 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ovarian cyst exploded in the middle of the night. Wasn't smart enough to go to the hospital til 7am (since it shares similar symptoms to appendex rupturing, which is fatal if untreated). It was a solid 12+ hours of absolute torture. Its also why I need BC pills.
    Ouch! That sounds very painful. I have heard from guys, who have had bad cases of them, that kidney stones can also be extremely painful.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ouch! That sounds very painful. I have heard from guys, who have had bad cases of them, that kidney stones can also be extremely painful.
    yeah, Im hoping I can avoid those...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Kidney stones. There is no pain that is worse.
    This, i broke a collar bone and arm. It doesent even come close to my kidney stone. Doctor told me only thing that can hurt more then kidney stone is exposed nerves, which will make you pass out from pain. So when i broke my collar bone i would have said it was 8/10, now collar bone is downgraded to 5/10 and arm 3/10. Kidney stone hurt so much it made me puke and barelly able to stand up until i could piss the liquid few hours later. Only some strong morphine where i couldnt even feel my nose anymore did anything at least the hospital had my back. Whats funny is my second kidney stone hurt a lot less, well it hurt the same, but i was in the known and now even id downgrade the pain for it. I guess you just adapt, still the most painful thing i ever had, but i guess im now prep for the next step.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-07-10 at 12:19 AM.

That would have to be a tooth infection. It was excruciatingly bad. Towards the end I was literally begging God for death, and I meant it in my heart. It didn't help that my life situation was in the tank. It was definitely really, really bad. Lasted about 4 to 5 hours.

There was an instance where I had a kidney stone, but didn't know that's what it was. I thought I had bad gas at first, but I quickly realized something was terribly wrong and I began to think I had appendicitis and was going to die. So I stumbled my way to a payphone (life was still in the tank at this time), and when the paramedics showed up I was literally on all fours cursing at the pavement. They interrupted my expletives with a sudden, sharp, "Dacien! On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst pain you've ever felt, how does this rate!?" I actually paused for a second and remembered the tooth infection and said, "Eight." I remember thinking in those short few moments, even in the throes of a kidney stone, "This is horrible, but it's not as bad as that tooth infection."

Both of these things happened within about a two month span also, so that may be why I was able to remember it so quickly.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-07-10 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    From what my wife has told me and I have seen, it has to be the most painful experience ever. Maybe being burned alive at the stake might equal it. Don't know. But you gals are amazing in terms of dealing with extreme pain. Any painful conditions I have personally had to endure, pales in comparison.
    Well, you pass out or asphyxiate if you are burned alive usually. Most forms of extreme pain like that cause you either blackout or die in some manner adjacent to like being burned alive.

My uncle was a firefighter and one of his comrades died in a fire. The smoke did him in sooner than the actual burning.

Also a lot of medical conditions or injuries can be treated with medication or pain reducers.

Most women in the US give birth naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Haha, well I asked, but I honestly would have been surprised if you said the 2nd was worst than the first based on what I said, but yeah your description makes sense.
    The second one hurt too. Everything basically goes back to normal in time. So each kid is a fresh opportunity for the rip.

The recovery process is very unpleasant as well.

You have any idea what going to the bathroom is like when you just gave birth? Or like, walking.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-07-10 at 02:55 AM.

I've broken bones, fucked up a knee almost beyond repair, got stung by some nasty fish, still not sure whether it was a stone fish or a scorpion fish, but the aftermath of a reactor explosion was the worst, no doubt - between the panic/"shell-shock", blasted eardrums, the feeling of "getting the insides crushed by air" but especially the tiny shrapnel that ended lodging itself in one of my eyes of all places - which I tried to treat by washing it assuming it was a burn and making things worse, also I felt as if a whole lot of "nerves" connected to the eye (not quite the optical one, weirdly enough it felt like it was going down the whole right side of my body all the way down to the foot - I remember kneeling down, unable to move because of that "nerve pain", and telling a firefighter "I can't move my leg because of my eye's nerve", he must've thought I was more "shell-shocked" than I actually was).
    Could've been worse, given how huge chunks of metal shrapnel including the blades of a stirrer the size of a man lodged themselves firmly in concrete walls. Nobody else got injured, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    point blank rocket of a soccer ball that hit me in the nuts and winded me for 5 minutes.
    Had the same thing happen to me, had forgotten about that. Didn't completely lose consciousness, or maybe I did and it was just for some seconds, can't really remember. Had the typical "tunnel vision" and "distant sound" experience though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

7+ Year Old Account
    I stepped on a lego once.

Reading this thread makes me hope that I wont ever get kidney stones.

I have been lucky that I have avoided a lot of pain in my life. No broken bones, no teeth problems, etc.

Not sure how it compares, but I have had recently gout. Thats the word I get from a translator. So what is it? For some reason uric acid (yet again from translator) accumulates in body and can't get rid of it well enough. Then it deposits in joints where it solidifies into small crystals, if I understand correctly. Dont know why but it usually goes to big toe base joint. Trust me, you don't want it. The joint will become inflamed. Extreme pain will last for days. While its not instant horrifying pain, the fact that it lasts and lasts. Your foot will swell. Even with painkillers I had, it just slightly reduced the pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Fuck - that sounds truly awful

2-3 months ever year?
    Yeah, I currently have it on a 9-month rotation (was 6-month), up to 3 episodes a day, 30min to 2h each, with sometimes 1-2 days without any episode in between, for 6-8 weeks, considering I had it in January this year I expect them to start in October again. So far none of the drugs and treatments I was given did actually achieve anything, the doctor said we have one more thing that we can try then it's well just live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

was cooking and leaned over an open drawer to reach something in a cabinet and accidentally slammed the drawer shut on my nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, you pass out or asphyxiate if you are burned alive usually. Most forms of extreme pain like that cause you either blackout or die in some manner adjacent to like being burned alive.

My uncle was a firefighter and one of his comrades died in a fire. The smoke did him in sooner than the actual burning.

Also a lot of medical conditions or injuries can be treated with medication or pain reducers.

Most women in the US give birth naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

The second one hurt too. Everything basically goes back to normal in time. So each kid is a fresh opportunity for the rip.

The recovery process is very unpleasant as well.

You have any idea what going to the bathroom is like when you just gave birth? Or like, walking.
    My wife had our last two natural and I was in the delivery room trying to help her ( like the classes taught ). Amazing and very emotional experience, watching one of your own childern be born. She had a spinal tap with the first one and experienced some nasty side effects from that.

And nope, most men have no ideal what women suffer thru giving birth or afterwards.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-07-10 at 12:34 PM.

Worst would be a bad case of epididymitis (bacterial infection inside the testies) while camping. Was set up about a 3 hour hike from the car, and then a long, extremely bumpy "road" before any smooth driving.

To give an idea on how bad that was. The second worst pain I have experienced involved a chainsaw cutting into 4 fingers. One actually into the bone, the other 3 you could see the bone. And the pain level wasn't even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ear infection. Crippling pain, started up in the middle of the night when I was about 10 or 11. Was scared of waking up my mum to ask for help because my father used to get up early morning, so I didn't like waking him up. So I laid there, wide awake, for ~5hrs in agonizing pain.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2020-07-11 at 08:13 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Had those and yes there is worse pain.

Cluster Headache 2-4 months a year.
    I had three that were too large to pass and got stuck two in the tubes and one at the opening to the kidney. I think it took three shots of morphine to get it all to calm down. Throwing up for a hour straight. Room spinning.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just one more to the choir of kidney stones. Only pain I've been in where I couldn't even think straight. Naturally, my uncle decided to drive me to the furthest possible hospital.

Luckily they weren't too large. Got a warm blanket, a morphine shot (which did fuckall), 2 bags of saline, and a twelve thousand dollar bill on my way out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I had three that were too large to pass and got stuck two in the tubes and one at the opening to the kidney. I think it took three shots of morphine to get it all to calm down. Throwing up for a hour straight. Room spinning.
    I had to go straight to surgery but couldn't because it was in the middle of the night and I had eaten just hours before it all started, so I had to wait 7 hours of on and off pain with morphine infusion to ease as much as possible, believe me, cluster headache is worse.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Never had kidney stones, so I can't attest to the magnitude of that pain.

However, I have had an infected root beneath a crown on a tooth. Let me tell you, there is no manning up or toughing out that pain. That dial just keeps turning up, and doesn't really stop.

I imagine a broken bone probably hurts worse. And the kidney stone thing....I've seen people floored and passed out from it. So I'd guess that's also probably worse. I just haven't experienced either of those things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm guess my lifestyle is a bit more on the destructive side compared to most of the people here.

My injuries so far:

Cut my finger almost in half with a bread slicing machine when I was a kid, just a lot of blood, the stitching hurt more than the cutting.
    Double broken ankle.
    Avulsion fracture while at a festival, rushed to the hospital, back at the festival a few hours later.
    Walked around for a week with a broken heel misdiagnosed as a bruise.
    renal colic (kidney stones)
    Root canal infection

and the top of the list is still cluster headache because even with everything else I have experienced so far that shit just hit you out of nowhere and brings you to the point of thinking about suicide as a viable form of treatment.