Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Gender Change Will Be Free At Shadowlands Launch

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...in-shadowlands

MOD EDIT: Reminder that Gender discussions are against our forum rules. It's fine to acknowledge that they might be a reason for this change, it is NOT okay to use this as a jumping off point to start discussing Gender in general. Stick to the topic.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2020-07-10 at 06:49 AM.

Gods, blizzard joining the pro-mental illness movement too I see...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Gods, blizzard joining the pro-mental illness movement too I see... I mean it's nice that they give it out for free, but the actual REASON behind it is disgusting.
    Of course you had to bring your transphobia into it. And your ignorance of science as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Gods, blizzard joining the pro-mental illness movement too I see...
    nothing related to LGBTQ, it is about making a service that should have been free ... actually free...

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this is kind of useless while name change is still a paid service.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Anything that doesn't change race should have been real world money free to begin with. And given that toon gender has nothing to do with how the character actually plays, there should have been no reason to pay for it.

When it was pay for a full character redo, it made sense to pay for it, but they are sticking so much into the in game barbershop it makes no sense to keep that one aspect pay only.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Imagine getting upset because you can't pay Blizzard money anymore? Just go buy some Nike products to burn it'll make you feel better.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Literally all other customization is going into the barbershop in Shadowlands. All races would be able to change face, skin tone, etc ... but yeah, gender would be useless to include because name change (which is a separate service from appearance change) is still paid.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    nothing related to LGBTQ, it is about making a service that should have been free ... actually free...
    Wont stop people from announcing it as that. But yeah, gender changing should have never costed money. Unless you're on moonguard it has 0 to do with the games economy or raid performance.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

That's one seriously underpaid barber for their talents!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    Blizzard's behavior lately (IE: The Blue Post about the trans Kyrian character and other Blizz Woke posting) I guarantee it's LGBT related. That being said, that doesn't personally bother me, especially cause I ain't gonna complain about a free service. Now if only we could get free race change. Time to start a Trans-Racial movement!
    Last edited by Alcareru; 2020-07-10 at 01:36 AM.

Took them long enough. Should've been free from the start.

7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of being lgbt thing related( that i do believe it is) it is a very welcomed featured and im gladly they removed the need of buying an(at least around here) and expensive service for just that.

i will prob not use, but i ahve tons of friends who will, since they like to change a lot, others who regret choosing a gender in specific to a class and wanted to change.

Probably nearly no one bought it, but Players would actually really enjoy it for free. So a reasonable choice to make it free. Changing animations from time to time makes the game feel fresh again.

Name and race change should be free as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Names could cause issues if someone could just keep changing their name. Leaving it paid kinda makes sense. Although I think they should offer a one time free name change when you change your gender, but if you change gender after that, you have to pay for a name change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That's one seriously underpaid barber for their talents!
    Made me chuckle, well done!

The players: "WAAAHH all these paid services are such a waste of money everything should be free nothing should cost anything WAAAHHH!!!!!!!1"

Blizzard: "Hey. here's a service that used to cost money, and we've decided we're going to make it free, because there's really no point to charging money for it, now that you can level so quickly any more. Enjoy."

The players: "WAAAAHH how dare they make paid services free what are they thinking they're ruining the game they're giving into the cause no one thinks for themselves WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1"

It's amazing anyone actually becomes a game designer in this day and age. It really is. Being a lion tamer would be a less stressful job than dealing with all you brats all day.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Ok, but what about the other 256 genders?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    The players: "WAAAHH all these paid services are such a waste of money everything should be free nothing should cost anything WAAAHHH!!!!!!!1"

Blizzard: "Hey. here's a service that used to cost money, and we've decided we're going to make it free, because there's really no point to charging money for it, now that you can level so quickly any more. Enjoy."

The players: "WAAAAHH how dare they make paid services free what are they thinking they're ruining the game they're giving into the cause no one thinks for themselves WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1"

It's amazing anyone actually becomes a game designer in this day and age. It really is. Being a lion tamer would be a less stressful job than dealing with all you brats all day.
    Literally no one this thread said that's a bad change?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Names could cause issues if someone could just keep changing their name. Leaving it paid kinda makes sense. Although I think they should offer a one time free name change when you change your gender, but if you change gender after that, you have to pay for a name change.
    I think they could make it free just put it on some kind of cooldown. Maybe 30 days or so.