Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    now that High Elves are on the Alliance what does Horde get?

I want Alteraci Human so badly
    Err... Nightborne?!

Err... blue eye color for belfs too?!

Holy entitlement Batman! You gonna want something for wildhammer tatoos too? How about all the clans you have represented on the mag'har?
    Sheesh... you want race X. That is fine. But you are owed nothing.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-10 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    This level of pedantry only occurs when someone has utterly lost any real meaning to their arguments..
    I mean, just a few months ago you and others were arguing that blue eyes does not equal high elves, and that high elves are defined by their allegiance and that high elves are Alliance only. Now you and most other high elfers are accepting the fact that high elves are now options to both factions, why, because blizzard has said that blue eyes and light skin = void elf. Just a few months ago, many of you claimed Ion and the devs were "delusional", but now their words are held as doctrine.

Your "arguments" would hold weight if they were actually consistent.

Hey, I'm not denying the fact that blizzard have made "high elf" options available to both factions. I'm merely pointing out that the statement "we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available" suggests that Blizzard may still want to keep some level of distinction between blood elves and void elves. I certainly hope this is the case, as faction and racial distinction is important to me.. but ultimately it'll be up to Blizzard. They may just decide to give void elves the blood elf hair styles and colors, but I certainly hope they don't, as I appreciate the uniqueness it provides to blood elves.

You can keep resorting to spiteful responses toward me, or you can accept that I just simply have a differing opinion on the matter to you. I've never made my own"anti-HE" threads for some anti crusade, I've only ever voiced my opinion in this megathread. I haven't even commented ONCE on the official forums in any anti or pro high elf thread. I'm living in acceptance of what Blizzard have done for void elves, it is what it is, but while the possibility to preserve blood elf identity still exists (by voicing my opinion on void elves getting their hair options) I'll continue to voice my opinion. If blizzard choose to give void elves the blood elf hair options then so be it, but like I said, to me racial uniqueness is important and I'd rather not void elves become blood elves 2.0... I'd rather them be, well, void elves. So, until the decide one way or the other, I'll voice my opinion in here despite whether you or others agree or not.

It ain't trolling.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Wait a minute, does this mean you could play a High Elf on the Horde through a Blood Elf?
    No.

That's not how it is.

Blue eyes is not what makes a High elf, it's their allegiance, to use the name High elf in the Blood elf society is insulting.

- - - Updated - - -

Therefore, both sides now have the ability to play as High Elves whereas before they did not. That's what the entire discussion there entails.
    Yeah well that's not how it is, only Alliance has High elves, you know it well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    I mean, just a few months ago you and others were arguing that blue eyes does not equal high elves, and that high elves are defined by their allegiance and that high elves are Alliance only. Now you and most other high elfers are accepting the fact that high elves are now options to both factions, why, because blizzard has said that blue eyes and light skin = void elf. Just a few months ago, many of you claimed Ion and the devs were "delusional", but now their words are held as doctrine.

Hey, I'm not denying the fact that blizzard have made "high elf" options available to both factions. I'm merely pointing out that the statement "we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available" suggests that Blizzard may still want to keep some level of distinction between blood elves and void elves. I certainly hope this is the case, as faction and racial distinction is important to me.. but ultimately it'll be up to Blizzard. They may just decide to give void elves the blood elf hair styles and colors, but I certainly hope they don't, as I appreciate the uniqueness it provides to blood elves.

You can keep resorting to spiteful responses toward me, or you can accept that I just simply have a differing opinion on the matter to you. I've never made my own"anti-HE" threads for some anti crusade, I've only ever voiced my opinion in this megathread. I haven't even commented ONCE on the official forums in any anti or pro high elf thread. I'm living in acceptance of what Blizzard have done for void elves, it is what it is, but while the possibility to preserve blood elf identity still exists (by voicing my opinion on void elves getting their hair options) I'll continue to voice my opinion. If blizzard choose to give void elves the blood elf hair options then so be it, but like I said, to me racial uniqueness is important and I'd rather not void elves become blood elves 2.0... I'd rather them be, well, void elves. So, until the decide one way or the other, I'll voice my opinion in here despite whether you or others agree or not.

It ain't trolling.
    Stop pretending you are civil and someone that you can hold a conversation with.

You are radicalized.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason why the most staunch opposers to High Elves stopped posting here, because they literally have no solid arguments anymore.
    Have they ever...?

The night elf dark rangers at this stage show no desire to return to the ALliance. Plus I find it hard to believe that they would be accepted back into night elf society.

They're maintaining allegiances with the Horde, so for now dark ranger is still exclusively Horde.
    Yes they are, and they are most likely staying on Horde, because the only person they interacted with since Sylvanas left them, is now appearing to soon act as Forsaken leader. My point was that I would not be actually suprised if Blizz would like to share elven features between factions again.

ANd ultimately, a dark ranger option would even things up for blood elves.
    Horde claim on dark ranger is justified not because void elves got high elven skins, but because it's part of the Horde for years and it's obvious people want to imitate that on their characters. I think it's natural to want this feature as customization and blood elves feel most ideal candidate for that. I'd support that claim even if void elves got nothing from blood elves at all.

Agreed. But if you asked a blood elf if they're a different race to high elves what would they say? Vareesa still views Silvermoon and the blood elves as her people, as does Alleria. They're the same people, with differing political views.

Despite this though, I'm actually happy for you that you can have your blood elf/high elf skins on void elves. This doesn't mean I want blood elves and void elves to be identical though, so I do hope that at least the hair options will remain unique to each so as to offer differentiation. That's my personal view though, it's neither right or wrong.. just how I feel.
    Well, we are now shown that different culture and politics are indeed enough to be part of another faction. Race is not the criteria of faction allegience anymore.

I also think most of pro-helfers don't want high and blood elves to be identical either. That's also reason why people are suggesting those human and kul tiran hairstyles and hair colours for void elves to complement their high elf fantasy and I personaly find that claim pretty reasonable and balanced for both sides.

TBH I don't really understand why void elves lack pure white hair option, since all other races (maybe tauren are also exception too, not sure now) have white hair, only void elves don't. I understand why devs wanted to avoid blond and ginger/red hair color, but white is indeed not defining of blood elves at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Fel Orcs have red skin, not brown.
    And High Elves don't have Void abilities.

High Elf customizations have come to both Void Elves and Blood Elves
    Indeed, just like dwarves will get wildhammer customizations in form of tattoos and feathers. The player wont be called wildhammer dwarf, wont have special racials nor heritage armor, but he can roleplay as one, and that is blizzards way to say, they wont create separate wildhammer allied race, just like they wont create separate high elven race, which is now integrated into void elven customization.

This comment is just for those in denial. To clarify, that alliance will have playable high elves in the same manner as wildhammer dwarves.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2020-07-10 at 06:39 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if this was already posted - this thread unfolds so quickly I just can’t keep up reading it.

But... did you guys actually catch what was told on the subject of High Elves during the interview with Art Director Ely Canon on Wowhead?

I won’t deny the underlined part made me raise an eyebrow.

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    Apologies if this was already posted - this thread unfolds so quickly I just can’t keep up reading it.

But... did you guys actually catch what was told on the subject of High Elves during the interview with Art Director Ely Canon on Wowhead?

I think it is very likely void elves will get natural hair colors and some hairstyles too, perhaps even those farstrider tattoos which are now one of the most requested feature for thalassian group. Since blood elves got eyes, I'm not sure what else they should get to highlight high elf fantasy more, besides those tattoos.

They also said "few customization", so I don't think they will just copy all blood elf customization to void elves, as is implied by some people here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I think it is very likely void elves will get natural hair colors and some hairstyles too, perhaps even those farstrider tattoos which are now one of the most requested feature for thalassian group. Since blood elves got eyes, I'm not sure what else they should get to highlight high elf fantasy more, besides those tattoos.

make no sense that void elves get farstriders tattoos, instead of void related tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    make no sense that void elves get farstriders tattoos, instead of void related tattoos
    Can you elaborate why it doesn't make sense, while devs openly admited void elves are getting HIGH ELF customizations?

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you elaborate why it doesn't make sense, while devs openly admited void elves are getting HIGH ELF customizations?
    because farstrider tattoos are not just generic high elf stuff, it belongs to the farstrider faction, who is tied to the Blood elf fantasy, they will not just give everything blood elves have with the excuse of "its HE customization" cause its not just that.

isn't fair that void elves get all BE options while they have all the exclusive and unique void options, they will be essentially 2 races in one, next people will ask for different racials and other stuff, nonsense.

He also said a few, not all
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-07-10 at 10:04 AM.

because farstrider tattoos are not just generic high elf stuff, it belongs to the farstrider faction, who is tied to the Blood elf fantasy, they will not just give everything blood elves have with the excuse of "its HE customization" cause its not just that.
    Sorry, you are wrong on this. Farstriders as organisation are right now under Silvermoon, but they existed long before sin'dorei were a thing. Farstriders were formed in High elf era and from all faction of thalassian society, they are the most traditional and keep the most distant relations with magic. It was also Farstriders which joined Alleria and helped Alliance even if it was not approved by Anasterian. Now, look at representation of Alliance aligned thalassians - Alleria - former Farstrider. Vereesa - former Farstrider. Auric Sunchaser - well, another Farstrider. There would be ton of former "no name" Farstriders among high and void elves.

If we were talking about, let's say blood knight features being added to void elves as high elf fantasy, I would agree with you. That is a faction tied only and exclusively with blood elves and is not high elven by any means. Farstriders are high elven, thus it is logical that their tattoos would appear both on void and blood elves.

isn't fair that void elves get all BE options while they have all the exclusive and unique void options, they will be essentially 2 races in one, next people will ask for different racials and other stuff, nonsense.
    Do you know who is the only one who keep up bringing this "void elves are getting everything blood elves have"? It's blood elf fans. No pro-helfer requested such thing in the thread, most of them are calling for several hair tones and hairstyles or are making mock-ups using human hairstyles and hair colors... so you guys are the only one who are being hysteric about it, for absolutely no reason. Devs also clearly said there will be few high elf customization, so such claims are irrational from you.

He also said a few, not all
    Yes, he definitely did. Did you even read my post? If you did, you'd see that I acknowledge that and I actually support this notion... so I don't really know why are you bringing this up?
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-07-10 at 10:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, you are wrong on this. Farstriders as organisation are right now under Silvermoon, but they existed long before sin'dorei were a thing.
    ... it doesn't matter if they existed before the high elves rename themselves, they are still within the fantasy of this group, they have no relation whatsoever with the elves today in the alliance

Farstriders were formed in High elf era and from all faction of thalassian society, they are the most traditional and keep the most distant relations with magic. It was also Farstriders which joined Alleria and helped Alliance even if it was not approved by Anasterian.
    Farstrider IS, an organization that exist to this very day, within the horde, they are not alliance related anymore since the end of the second war/wc2

Now, look at representation of Alliance aligned thalassians - Alleria - former Farstrider. Vereesa - former Farstrider. Auric Sunchaser - well, another Farstrider. There would be ton of former "no name" Farstriders among high and void elves.
    and the key point here is how they were former farstrider, they are not farstrider anymore, therefore, it make no sense for then to keep their features of the farstriders
    If we were talking about, let's say blood knight features being added to void elves as high elf fantasy, I would agree with you. That is a faction tied only and exclusively with blood elves and is not high elven by any means. Farstriders are high elven, thus it is logical that their tattoos would appear both on void and blood elves.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Farstriders
    Affiliation
    Quel'Thalas, Horde
    Main leader
    Brightwing
    It is, exclusively, tied to blood elves right now, it is not a neutral group that exist in both factions

Do you know who is the only one who keep up bringing this "void elves are getting everything blood elves have"? It's blood elf fans. No pro-helfer requested such thing in the thread
    no... people want the hairstyles and hair color of the blood elves, also their fantasy, i mean, you can even find the "totally makes sense void elf to be paladin too" topics floating around, despite paladin never being a thing for high elves ever before(so kinda the thing of blood knights you said).
    so you guys are the only one who are being hysteric about it, for absolutely no reason.
    you said that, but we all know how deep is this rabbit hole, and you are being way too "drastic" calling such minor thing as "hysteric"

and for the record, i have no problem with haircolors, but the haisrtyles and other options to me is nonsense.
    Devs also clearly said there will be few high elf customization, so such claims are irrational from you.
    Devs clearly said they Might do, not that they will do for certain, a few more, and nowhere is said they will do all blood elf options, including options of their organization, so, nothing irrational here

Yes, he definitely did. Did you even read my post? If you did, you'd see that I acknowledge that and I actually support this notion... so I don't really know why are you bringing this up?
    might do a few, and they will certainly do all, are different things

"im bringing this up" because you also brought up, my point is it make no sense for void elf get options of a blood elf organization.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-07-10 at 10:51 AM.

It ain't trolling.
    You really should stop saying that he is being a smartass and being spiteful when thats what you have done for a couple of years now. Its so silly to read you being so defensive now after having your arguments fail time and time again.

You have been riding on this self confidence of blizzard "agreeing" with you for so long, even though your arguments has always been weak.

You still use that quote from metzen who himself meant that High Elves on the Horde made little sense. And a quote thats not even used in a context you want it to be. And you have it there solely to try to trigger people who have a different opinion than you. If thats not being spiteful, Geisl is a real life Angel. You now start to attack people and berates them for being spiteful when thats all what you have ever done in this thread.

You reap what you sow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post

Its nice to see blizzard finally did something the community have said for years now, as a High Elf you should have the possibility to choose an alignement. I get thats have been an issue to get into the game seeing we have faction barriers, but they now found a solution that works for all. The Void Elf does not even need to be a Void Elf if you choose to RP as a High that has been living in Stormwind the last 15 years or so.

Of course its a different thing when in combat, but iirc there has been some changes to the racial of which colors you want it to be when it procs. How about a neutral non showing proc animation? Anyway, the notion that Blizzard finally got around to do this shows that for everyone who wants more customizations the time ahead will indeed be good times.

no... people want the hairstyles and hair color of the blood elves, also their fantasy, i mean, you can even find the "totally makes sense void elf to be paladin too" topics floating around, despite paladin never being a thing for high elves ever before(so kinda the thing of blood knights you said).
    Strange, i see people wanting customization to resemble Alleria. This whole thread is based on wanting high elves with facial markings, braids, feathers, natural hair and skin colors.. Almost nobody here wants blood elven jewelry, underwear, golden eyes, fel green eyes, red nails, their voice acting, their heritage armor, their culture as a whole.

The thing with high elf paladin is, that there are ingame proofs, that they exist. Just like people were desperate for Zandalari paladins and were linking some paladin spells that some trolls used.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Champion_Isimode
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rulen_Lightsreap
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mehlar_Dawnblade And this Blood elf was taught by Uther, which means he was taught when he was high elf

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Strange, i see people wanting customization to resemble Alleria.
    people want to see what they want i guess, like i said, i don't mind as long they are different, and void eles don't get eveything, fairness i think should come into play, even more when void elves already have their own unique customizations, like i said, 2 races in one is a bit too much
    The thing with high elf paladin is, that there are ingame proofs, that they exist. Just like people were desperate for Zandalari paladins and were linking some paladin spells that some trolls used.
    Zandalari paladins are a thing because there is literally an order of then, active, that we see and interact in the game

There is no "high elf paladin lore" for then to be "high elf iconic", like people claim then to be, no order or group of high elves paladins, there is literally 2 individuals apparently,and thats it, elf paladin is already an fantasy fulfilled by the horde elves, its iconic to then, is like putting nightborne druids, because night elves are druids, and have a big tree, they would be robbing night elf fantasy

and it make even less sense when void elves are literally the opposite paladins, a "reskin" will not make it good, like an "arcane druid" will not work for nightborne either

... it doesn't matter if they existed before the high elves rename themselves, they are still within the fantasy of this group, they have no relation whatsoever with the elves today in the alliance

Farstrider IS, an organization that exist to this very day, within the horde, they are not alliance related anymore since the end of the second war/wc2
    Farstriders are obviously Horde organisation now, since once high elves were exiled from Quel'thalas, there were no quel'dorei to remain in the institution. That is also the reason that wowpedia page of this current organisation is made up by blood elven figures.

However, it doesn't change a fact that the organisation is of high elven origin and many of high elves nowadays were trained as Farstriders originaly. That makes it a high elf feature, not blood elven. As I said, blood knights are sin'dorei thing. Farstriders are not.

and the key point here is how they were former farstrider, they are not farstrider anymore, therefore, it make no sense for then to keep their features of the farstriders
    Yes, they are former members because they were exiled. Being exiled does not mean you abandon traditions of your nation and your beliefs. Exiled means you are not allowed by the authority of the state to remain in your country - thus it's mostly political thing.

Do you know why high elves were exiled? It was because they opposed new path blood elves were taking. It is also shown that high elves in their exile took pride in not giving up principles of their race and stayed true to what they believed was their traditions and even today, they consider Quel'thalas their home. In fact, it emphasizes how exiles feel even in real world.

Also, tattoos are pernament thing. Your tattoo will not disappear only because you get exiled from your country.

It is, exclusively, tied to blood elves right now, it is not a neutral group that exist in both factions
    Yes, it is now blood elven because the reasons I wrote above. Blood elves kicked high elves out of the organisation. That doesn't make that high elves were not part of it before - and in the page you can see that former race of the organisation are high elves. Those kicked out high elves are now on the Alliance.

It is also confirmed by Halduron Brightwing himself, who invited Vereesa and her rangers to aid him during Amani crisis during cataclysm, aknowledging that these rangers are as good as his Farstriders. Vereesa also says that she still considers Quel'thalas her home.

It is also worth noting that Vereesa herself bears the title "Ranger General of Silver Covenant". Ranger General was always leader of Farstriders, so we can see that Silver Covenant adopted structure of Farstrider organisation to some extent. The main difference is that Silver Covenant is not made by rangers exclusively, but also houses high elves of all sorts, which is logical, given the numbers of high elves are not particularly high. So yea... high elves continued the tradition and made up their own Farstriders, with different name.

you said that, but we all know how deep is this rabbit hole, and you are being way too "drastic" calling such minor thing as "hysteric"
    Well, it is kind of hysteric and it makes no sense. Helfer community does not want void elves to inherit all of blood elf customization and they always wanted high elves to be distinctive to blood elves from the very beginning, it was only anti-helfer group which constantly denied that possibility. Devs also expressed there will be only few high elf customization, so to sum up, there is no demand, so there is no offer. Why should it become reality then? There is no reason to be concerned about blood elf uniqueness.

and for the record, i have no problem with haircolors, but the haisrtyles and other options to me is nonsense.
    Well, there will always be individuals who will request something, but that does not mean that majority of people share the same opinion. Most of the posters here clearly expressed that they does not wish that kind of development.

It is funny you don't mind haircolors, but that you find hairstyles to does not make sense... so if I understand correctly, if you want to have a ponytail, you have to be blood elf, but once you get exiled, your hair are unable to form such hairstyle and your tattoos suddenly disappears...

To be honest, you can also have any hairstyle in your real life, it just depends on your choice what you have on your head. I agree that hairstyles in wow serves as one of means to differentiate races from others, so for that reason alone, we will not see all hairstyles being shared amongs all races. On the other hand, blood elves already have few hairstyles shared with humans and night elves... and actually that is the exact FEW I would expect to potentialy share with void elves, since you know, because it's already shared with other races, it's not unique to blood elves, so there is no potential damage to blood elven uniqueness, right?

Devs clearly said they Might do, not that they will do for certain, a few more, and nowhere is said they will do all blood elf options, including options of their organization, so, nothing irrational here

might do a few, and they will certainly do all, are different things

"im bringing this up" because you also brought up, my point is it make no sense for void elf get options of a blood elf organization.
    Pardon me, but when did I said that they will certainly do all? If you don't have any solid argument, be at least decent enough to not twist my own statements. This is what I said:

They also said "few customization", so I don't think they will just copy all blood elf customization to void elves, as is implied by some people here.
    I clearly said "I think" which means that following statement is my own personal opinion. It does not mean that I find it as absolute truth that will inevitably come true. I also mentioned "some" hairstyles, which definitely means "not all".

As I told you, Farstriders are related to both high elves and blood elves, regardless of its current occupation. We can also say that void elves were definitely blood elves (which is canon) not that long time ago and once again, I really doubt that void infusion clears your tattoos... so I'm sorry, but I don't see reason why they should not get it. Both blood and void elves are logical to have them, probably in different color variants.

Zandalari paladins are a thing because there is literally an order of then, active, that we see and interact in the game

There is no "high elf paladin lore" for then to be "high elf iconic", like people claim then to be, no order or group of high elves paladins, there is literally 2 individuals apparently,and thats it, elf paladin is already an fantasy fulfilled by the horde elves, its iconic to then, is like putting nightborne druids, because night elves are druids, and have a big tree, they would be robbing night elf fantasy

and it make even less sense when void elves are literally the opposite paladins, a "reskin" will not make it good, like an "arcane druid" will not work for nightborne either
    That's what we agree on. There may be few high elven paladins, but it was not a norm among high elves to be paladins. They were priests, and their paladins are result of Blood Knight order, which is exclusively sin'dorei feature. If void elves ever get to be paladins, it would need pretty good explanation how they are able to wield the light.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-07-10 at 12:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    However, it doesn't change a fact that the organisation is of high elven origin and many of high elves nowadays were trained as Farstriders originaly. That makes it a high elf feature, not blood elven. As I said, blood knights are sin'dorei thing. Farstriders are not.
    it doesn't make a high elf feature just because it was once originally, farstrider right now is exclusively a blood elf thing, because it changed with their names

the fantasy of farstriders is on the blood elves, once you get out/expelled, your are no longer one and it make no sense for you to have the fantasy of one

Yes, they are former members because they were exiled. Being exiled does not mean you abandon traditions of your nation and your beliefs. Exiled means you are not allowed by the authority of the state to remain in your country - thus it's mostly political thing.
    Veressa is not a farstrider anymore, and she do not hold anymore that aesthetic, despite her being a Ranger still, she is silver covenant now, same as the others

Do you know why high elves were exiled?
    not relevant to this point

It is also shown that high elves in their exile took pride in not giving up principles of their race and stayed true to what they believed was their traditions and even today,
    it is not, but lets not deviate from the main point here
    Also, tattoos are pernament thing. Your tattoo will not disappear only because you get exiled from your country.
    we can't measure how many of the farstrider were exiled/abadon their people that hold tattoos and other farstrider options , and since not even Veressa and auric have, is indeed no longer part of their fantasy, and is a blood elf thing. Pretty sure magic would get rid of it

mind you, im not saying void elves should not get tattoos, they should too, but ones that reflect their race(void tattoos) or at least other organization that isn't horde(like tattoos based on the silver covenant)

It is also confirmed by Halduron Brightwing himself, who invited Vereesa and her rangers to aid him during Amani crisis during cataclysm, aknowledging that these rangers are as good as his Farstriders. Vereesa also says that she still considers Quel'thalas her home.
    they being "as good" don't mean they are farstrider, they are silver covenant, and should have if not void elf custom, silver covenant customization, different from farstrider

It is also worth noting that Vereesa herself bears the title "Ranger General of Silver Covenant". Ranger General was always leader of Farstriders, so we can see that Silver Covenant adopted structure of Farstrider organisation to some extent. The main difference is that Silver Covenant is not made by rangers exclusively, but also houses high elves of all sorts, which is logical, given the numbers of high elves are not particularly high. So yea... high elves continued the tradition and made up their own Farstriders, with different name.

then they should get silver covenant customization, not farstrider, simple as that, like i said, they could be thematically similar(with farstrider being the old school and silver covenant more close to dalaran stuff)

Well, it is kind of hysteric and it makes no sense. Helfer community does not want void elves to inherit all of blood elf customization and they always wanted high elves to be distinctive to blood elves from the very beginning,
    i mean, how long do you frequent this topic? its very clear that some of then want exactly that, others, majorly, want better and improved versions of their customizations, taking away from the blood elves, who are the de facto high elves.

im just saying they should have at least major differences outside the skin color since this is already lifted. Like its ok to share blue and purple, but green and gold eyes be exclusive to blood elves and void elves getting exclusive purple voidy and black eyes.
    It is funny you don't mind haircolors, but that you find hairstyles to does not make sense... so if I understand correctly, if you want to have a ponytail, you have to be blood elf, but once you get exiled, your hair are unable to form such hairstyle and your tattoos suddenly disappears...
    as long you agree that void elf hairstyles also goes to blood elves? cause only one way in here(just blood elves options going to void elves) seems a lot unfair, seeing how void elves already got blood elf skin colors and belves obviously didn't get void elf skin colors
    Pardon me, but when did I said that they will certainly do all?
    like i said, you brought that "they will add high elf customization" when we are talking about the farstrider thing, and i said, sure they will do a few not all, so farstrider options are not likely.

As I told you, Farstriders are related to both high elves and blood elves, regardless of its current occupation. We can also say that void elves were definitely blood elves (which is canon) not that long time ago and once again, I really doubt that void infusion clears your tattoos... so I'm sorry, but I don't see reason why they should not get it. Both blood and void elves are logical to have them, probably in different color variants.
    even if by order of fates there are farstriders who abandon their people and became void elves exist, it doesn't mean they should have the options, cause they should still put thematic difference between the races, regardless of some customizations void elves are still void elves, and not farstriders, therefore, they should not get farstriders options, regardless if it was once a high elf thing, it is blood elf only now

Farstrider isn't a neutral group, even if it was "originarly high elf" this pointless because blood elves were originally high elves" anyway

it doesn't make a high elf feature just because it was once originally, farstrider right now is exclusively a blood elf thing, because it changed with their names

the fantasy of farstriders is on the blood elves, once you get out/expelled, your are no longer one and it make no sense for you to have the fantasy of one
    That's where we disagree. High elves are not entitled for blood elven features, such as being affected by demonic energies, being paladins, tapping mana from living creatures for their survival. They are entitled for features that were part of their culture before their exile, since you know, exiles very often carry on the traditions even if they disagree with ruling authority.

Veressa is not a farstrider anymore, and she do not hold anymore that aesthetic, despite her being a Ranger still, she is silver covenant now, same as the others
    Well, she maintained her ranger aesthetics and made it distinct from those blood elves adopted. To be honest, she is only wearing blue and silver colors, while blood elves tend to dress in red and gold... what's the deal?

not relevant to this point

it is not, but lets not deviate from the main point here
    No, it was relevant to your claim that they have no reason to hold their old traditions. They have and you didn't provide me with any reasonable argument to continue this discussion, so yea, we can possibly end this one.

we can't measure how many of the farstrider were exiled/abadon their people that hold tattoos and other farstrider options , and since not even Veressa and auric have, is indeed no longer part of their fantasy, and is a blood elf thing. Pretty sure magic would get rid of it
    Yes, we can't measure how many Farstriders were exiled, but following your logic, not even single blood elf farstrider have such tattoos, so they also willingly gave up on this fantasy? The only elf who have these tattoos now is Alleria, an Alliance void elf, so if we are going to stick to ingame appearances, blood elves should not get it either and these tattoos are void elf fantasy, and let's call them allerian tattoos? Is it good enough for you?

mind you, im not saying void elves should not get tattoos, they should too, but ones that reflect their race(void tattoos) or at least other organization that isn't horde(like tattoos based on the silver covenant)
    Sure, but don't ignore the fact that Blizzard made it clear that void elves are also representing high elves now, so it's natural for them to have customization for this fantasy as well, not only the void one.

they being "as good" don't mean they are farstrider, they are silver covenant, and should have if not void elf custom, silver covenant customization, different from farstrider

then they should get silver covenant customization, not farstrider, simple as that, like i said, they could be thematically similar(with farstrider being the old school and silver covenant more close to dalaran stuff)
    How you define Silver Covenant customization? Since this thread has many fan arts on this topic and antihelfers claimed most of them are blood elven.

i mean, how long do you frequent this topic? its very clear that some of then want exactly that, others, majorly, want better and improved versions of their customizations, taking away from the blood elves, who are the de facto high elves.

im just saying they should have at least major differences outside the skin color since this is already lifted. Like its ok to share blue and purple, but green and gold eyes be exclusive to blood elves and void elves getting exclusive purple voidy and black eyes.
    I watch this topic like from page 20 I believe... so for pretty long time now already, I'm pretty aware of many opinions on the topic. What I agree with you is that some people have unrealistic expectations of what will happen in the game and some people will never be satisfied with what we are getting now, but it is not what most of posters are now displaying now. People are actually happy we get fair skins for void elves and yea, to have high elf fantasy complete, we need more natural hair colors and some new hairstyles... but those does not have to be blood elven. Like I said before, human and kul tiran hair styles make pretty good service to that fantasy as well, and it could be also an evidence of how elves are affected by human culture. Does it hurt blood elves? I don't think so.

as long you agree that void elf hairstyles also goes to blood elves? cause only one way in here(just blood elves options going to void elves) seems a lot unfair, seeing how void elves already got blood elf skin colors and belves obviously didn't get void elf skin colors
    Well, why not? I would not mind blood elves having void elven hair styles at all. It does not hurt my void elves in the slightest. I'd be interested to see how blood elves grew tentacles in their hair though, since most of void elf hairstyles have them, and that is the core problem. As long as void elves have reasonable number of hairstyles without tentacles, most of fans would be happy. There are also suggestions to make tentacles separate customization for void elves, which is indeed a way how to handle this problem as well - void elves could chose if they want tentacles in their hair or not.

like i said, you brought that "they will add high elf customization" when we are talking about the farstrider thing, and i said, sure they will do a few not all, so farstrider options are not likely.
    I said what is possible to expect. Blizzard showed us that they are now actually listening to player's feedback this time, and these ranger tattoos are pretty favorite request, which started with high elf community. There are people who thinks these tattoos should be high elven only, to differentiate them further from blood elves, which shows no such thing in their ranks at all, but I don't believe blood elves should be deprived of that. It is fantasy which belongs to both groups.

Well, why not? I would not mind blood elves having void elven hair styles at all. It does not hurt my void elves in the slightest. I'd be interested to see how blood elves grew tentacles in their hair though, since most of void elf hairstyles have them, and that is the core problem. As long as void elves have reasonable number of hairstyles without tentacles, most of fans would be happy. There are also suggestions to make tentacles separate customization for void elves, which is indeed a way how to handle this problem as well - void elves could chose if they want tentacles in their hair or not.
    I'm hoping that somewhere down the road Blizzard makes the Void Elf hair tentacles work the way the new Night Elf hair leaves work so every Void Elf hairstyle can have tentacles or not as taste warrants. This would also make it very easy to share Void Elf hairstyles with Blood Elves which is something I'd very much appreciate for my Blood Elf characters. Talendrion showed us that the tentacles aren't actually part of the Void Elf hairstyles and can be removed without leaving gaps in the hair models so it seems like turning the tentacles into a toggle is quite feasible.